Lantus adjustment

estevio's profile photo   08/03/2011 4:30 a.m.

Good to everyone !!!

I am new in the forum, although I have been reading and consulting the forum for a long time.I have decided to take a step forward and register to be able to respond and that you answer me.I am 30 years old (almost 31) and I debuted in the type 1 DM on 01/28/2008 (I will always remember this date).In general, I carry it quite well and the latest 6,1 and 6.3 glyc.
I tell you, let's see if someone can help me: until now, I was doing the controls very well, and until about two months ago or so, I put about 13-14 of Lantus at night, at 23.00.Well, a month ago, I started arriving high (Max, 200) at dinner time, when before I had always arrived well.Now I am with 17 of Lantus.A little worried, I asked for an hour with the educator, who told me that it was very perfectionist and that I had not to alarm.Anyway, it proposed to change the time to wear the lantus, because it says that it may be that it costs to endure 24 hours, that is, the effect of the lantus, when approaching 24 hours, can lose intensity.
Now I put it in the morning, but the same thing happens to me, when I get up, I am a little high (155-170 ...), I suppose that for the same reason.Maybe I would have to climb the lantus, but for now I discard it because I arrived at food and dinner, within the limits, and I am afraid that if I get more the lantus, they give me hypos at noon.
Something similar happened to him?I had thought about putting the Lantus at lunch.Let's see what happens.

Well, I await your answers and/or comments.

greetings!

estevio's profile photo
estevio
08/03/2011 4:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Estevio, Welcome !!!

The little time I used Lantus tried to put it at night, in the morning and I did not cover myself 24 hours.Perfectly at eating since the ultra -grape dose of breakfast covered me, in this way I managed not to have 12 units the Lantus.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2011 4:53 a.m.

The educator had proposed it to me, putting the lantus at eating.But I thought that, especially in summer, it would be a bit "fat" to go with the lantus also out there, with heat and everything ... I will try it, to see how.Anyway, recently I am with the new schedule, so I will leave a couple more days and try at eating.

Thanks for the answer!

estevio's profile photo
estevio
08/03/2011 4:59 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

What Prado comments is what I think is correct: put the lantus after a period of time that you can control or ultrarapid or exercise.
It was good for me to wear it at night because in the afternoon it was when I could do some exercise and also the last 3 hours of the lantus cycle, covered that possible high blood glucose (because the lantus did not arrive) with the ultra -grade of the dinner.
That is, I had dinner at 9 and put the Lantus at 11.30 or 12 at night.

What values ​​do you have 2 hours after food?Share it with the values ​​before dinner ... that will give you the precise nformation if the lantus reaches you or not.
Just just uploading 1 ultrarapid unit in food you adjust a little more the glycemia of the afternoon-night.

DiabetesForo
08/03/2011 2:07 p.m.

Welcome to the forum

What Prado comments is what I think is correct: put the lantus after a period of time that you can control or ultrarapid or exercise.
It was good for me to wear it at night because in the afternoon it was when I could do some exercise and also the last 3 hours of the lantus cycle, covered that possible high blood glucose (because the lantus did not arrive) with the ultra -grade of the dinner.
That is, I had dinner at 9 and put the Lantus at 11.30 or 12 at night.

What values ​​do you have 2 hours after food?Share it with the values ​​before dinner ... that will give you the precise nformation if the lantus reaches you or not.
Just just uploading 1 ultrarapid unit in food you adjust a little more the glycemia of the afternoon-night.

Hello again....

Until now, I also put it at night, at 23.00.In the afternoon he also went to exercise, not every day, but almost.And I already tell you, that until recently, everything was normal ... the values ​​2 hours after the food, they are usually fine (more or less standard levels: from 90 times to 130-150 the majority).The issue is Q, after these more or less normal values, I used to reach the highest dinner.Most times having walked a lot, having gone to the beach and swim or playing shovels, in short, having done some exercise ....
I will surely try to put it at eating, to see how everything goes

estevio's profile photo
estevio
08/04/2011 3:40 a.m.

I am a diabetic since 2000 and I use Lantus for five years.I have had different endocrine and I have also visited the dietitian and everyone has advised me to injepe it at night, before dinner.
On the other hand, and I have read this in a couple of books, its effect begins at two hours and practically disappears at 22 hours.
I hope this data is useful to continue with the excellent glycemia you have.
All the best.

CarlosCastedo's profile photo
CarlosCastedo
08/05/2011 3:29 a.m.

Uploading the dose will not make you better at 24 hours, because the problem seems to be that it does not cover the full day (like almost all of us who use it).I have tried all possible hours, and for different reasons, I think the best is at night.And it also happens to me that I arrive high at dinner, which I also solve with the sport I do late in the afternoon (although I do not do it every day, of course. I do not know what is the guy who dictated the dictated theDiabetes theory that says that we have to do sports every day.And when I do not play sports and I get higher to dinner ... Well, nothing happens if the rest of the day you are fine.I know what it is to be a perfectionist and the truth, it removes enough quality of life.As an epilogue, I will say that I am currently detoxifying me "that way of being with my diabetes.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
08/05/2011 4:49 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Hi Gondullo, I am a veteran on the issue of diabetes, I am 4 years older than you and I debuted with 14 years.
It happens to me that I have been with the Lantus for 6 months and I am not successful with the time to put it, now I am changing it at night, at my own risk, since I have fattened 6 kg with this insulin, they open Don the Levemir not fattening a gram, I changed my new endocrine because my glyc were high, but I did not control Micho before so far and paarece that the more I control worse I carry it ...
Something similar to you happened to you?fast I put the novorapid.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/22/2011 5:54 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

If you were poorly controlled before, and now you are fine, you can explain the transitory increase in weight.But that is not attributable to the Lantus, but in the passage of bad control to a good one, adjusting insulin (of course, upwards).But don't worry and demonic to Lantus for that.What you have to do is maintain daily calorie control to your metabolism and exercise everything you can.And there are no more "secrets" than those.

Luckily, I have never had problems with weight, but now that I am "older", I clearly notice how to monitor the daily intake and calories that I put to the body, because if not, the scale begins to move upwards.Homer Simpson already said ... it's not my fault, it's metabolism ... :)) :)) :))

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
10/27/2011 7:51 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I put 22 of Lantus, which do you think is the best moment to put it?The night?It is that everyone agrees ...

romevila's profile photo
romevila
10/27/2011 11:27 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

That depends on each person, your lifestyle ..... to me the best schedule was 14 hours, for others it is night, others morning, it depends, you will have to find yourself the best schedule for you.

DiabetesForo
10/27/2011 12:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.