New and reflecting ...

sugar'nrock's profile photo   08/03/2011 4:08 p.m.

Hello everyone!!I am Carlos, a 24 -year -old boy who debuted in October 2010. That curious day my boss told me: this cannot be today you go to the doctor, you have lost a lot, you do not see the face you have, that sucking face, consumedWhat have you stayed. Are you drugping?What bad life should you be taking to see you as I see you .. Surely you don't get drugs daily?That excuse of: nothing happens, it will be a bad streak, I will be stressed .. I weighing inside .. because if I tell you that I upload three stairs and I am tired ... that I have to escape at the service dozens of times a day, that at the same time that I leave I have to drink a liter of water with a blow to be a person ... there were no longer excuses ... but I erre that I am going to the doctor?but if "I am a hard boy .." It will be a bad streak will be a bad streak .. give me juiceo that I must be under vitamins .. hahaha pammm everything that missed me ... alfinal that ambuláncia arrived home .. result480 blood glucose .. I already said Yoo that something happened here ..

because if boys some days and weeks I could have saved my little body without so much stubborn and the culture of no apartment a doctor .. hehe the matter went wrong badly ..

Well, there is my first question, and it is in reference to the results of hemoglobin ... in the first one that refers to the first six months, the result was more than positive: 6.7.And my question is the following, all those high values ​​either from the pre-diagnosis, of the first months that some values ​​shoot for the little knowledge about this where they are reflected?those peaks that one is corrected are not reflected in that average?In fact I go quite well but hey everyone once a month goes out of our hands and a 240-250 appears in the glucometer ..

Thank you very much in advance!

sugar'nrock's profile photo
sugar'nrock
08/03/2011 4:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Welcome to the forum, Carlos

Well yes ... I was also from the club I do not go to the doctor or coña:-/ In my health center I had no open history at the age of 31: shock:

What you ask about glycosilada.
It is like the statistic that says that in Spain 2 hams per inhabitant and year are consumed.: Twisted:
Surely there are people who eat 4 and people who don't eat any.

As you will have explained, it is the average of the glycemia of the last 120 days before the analytics.
Almost 50% of the calculation is based on the last month before the analytics.
If you have a blood glucose and another of 75, the average is 137 ... that is equivalent to a glycosylated 6.7%.
The result does not value the peaks, high or low, of the glycemia

The only way to control the peaks are glycemic self -controls, the most important are the controls after meals, with them you will greatly avoid that high blood glucose values ​​are maintained for many hours.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/03/2011 4:28 p.m.

Welcome home, Carlos.

I guess you will have enough doubts, so shoot.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 8:31 a.m.

Thank you for your answers, it is to admire the work that you perform some of you I suppose that unconsciously, because after all repeating the same topics again and again over time.But I suppose that if it is helpful for any clueless, it is not lost time.

Well, tomorrow they will hit me "La Colleja" in the endo, that I go for the results of the second hemo and I really do not have them with me that I have maintained levels ... because this year not everything was bad and I also had the opportunity to become independentAnd the issue of meals, combined with work and day to day is not being my forte!

But alfinal the conclusion I take is: "This is nothing more than calculating the insulin necessary for the hydrates you will ingest."Because if alfinal the result is good in the postpandry that differentiates between having followed a good diet or having eaten "something fast"

I know there is a very big difference in good habits and such ... but I wonder ... and it is not worth surviving ???

sugar'nrock
08/04/2011 10:26 a.m.

Well, diabetes control is not simply controlling and counting hydrates ... Over time, you will realize the impact of fats, proteins, vegetables;That regarding glycemia.
The battle horse is to balance the slow absorption and rapid absorption of food ... there are times that interest a slow and sometimes rapid absorption, but of course, it is not always achieved.:?

Medically, and as the years go by, the control of other parameters, apart from glycosilada, increases: cholesterol, triglycerides, BMI, blood pressure, organs of organs "Diana" ...

Even and all that, veterans can affirm you, I am sure, that a very good quality of life can be achieved with many years of evolution and doing things moderately well (although of course, there are always things that can be out of our reach).
The question is to find balance, diabetes cannot be the center on which everything turns ... the quality of life, in my view, is above the care of diabetes.
That is, if someone is not satisfied with the way they have to carry diabetes, they must look for their own formula that does well, both for diabetes and for their life.

Surely the levels of the gyrose will have dropped ... You will tell us, to see how.

DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 12:15 p.m.

Well, if boys I have gone to see the endo !!
That visit that still causes me respect for the situation.

Well, he congratulated me !!!!!The first hemo we gave 6.7 and in this we have dropped to 6.2 !!I have already told him that everything that shines is not gold !!But little by little we will polish details !!He has already told me that although I do not have enough insulin reserves that little that remains also helps me and that therefore when it is exhausted it will not be so easy to maintain these levels and that therefore it would now be the time to acquire better habits if possible..

GREETINGSS !!!

sugar'nrock
08/05/2011 2:20 p.m.

Congratulations on that hem.

As Owash tells you, that diabetes is not the center of your life ..... that it is only a travel companion, but that you do not limit your way of living, eating, being a person, etc ... you'll seeAs little by little it will be like that, and then you will have a quality of life even superior to that of someone not-dulce.Because you will take care of yourself, you will lead a healthier life, you will do some exercise, you will take care of the food a little more ...

You go on the right track.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
08/05/2011 4:12 p.m.

Congratulations on that good hem.

Take advantage of the time to meet you, knowing how your body responds to the different factors (food, insulin, exercise, special situations) and ask all the doubts you have, that for that we are.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/05/2011 6:12 p.m.

Hello!!

Do not worry if from time to time you see a 250 or even a 300 ... as long as it is once each ... all the diabetics we have rare days, you just eat the same, you do the same but you have an infection and youUpload sugar or another day you have a heavy digestion and lower you ... It seems to me a very good decision that you have independent (if you wanted) and that diabetes has not been an obstacle.Life gives many blows and all you can follow and learn what we can and little by little we are getting stronger.I was diagnosed with diabetes on these dates 23 years ago, and I have not had any complication and I have made a normal life.Diabetes is there ... But there will be many days that you don't think that it has to have this, because it will be something else from day to day

THE PERFECT HEMO: D

tica's profile photo
tica
08/05/2011 6:55 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

Fuck if the one who does not come up here is because he does not want !!!Thank you so much!!I already said before the attitude of many is to admire !!

The results of this hemo are to be happy and if I comment that the same is not entirely deserved, it is because nonconformism runs through my veins !!And I know it could be more successful !!
But forgive me a question, maybe it seems a bit violent but it is not the intention!
A person who is around 10 to cite a figure .. I imagine that it will not be voluntary xo 10 we would be talking about an average 250-300 for saying something .. ostia I would not live quietly!N gives him X to consider that the thing n goes well and throwing the endo to look for a solution?I do see my glycometer down D 250 n I would sleep peacefully until we set a solution!Jejé D is true curiosity that a person is raised in those cases ... hugs and thanks

sugar'nrock
08/05/2011 9:38 p.m.

Congratulations on that hem and especially for your attitude: D
I am also very perfectionist and I am not calm with high figures either because I am playing with my health, but over these 10 years I have learned that in diabetes 2 plus 2 there are not four, that many times I cannot have everything under control,So it is best to measure glucose and when things are not going well to correct and above all not to bitter and not convert diabetes in the center of my life, I remain the same as before so I do the same thing as before: mrgreen:, The only difference is that I have to click on my finger 6 or 7 times a day ...;)
I remember my endo's words when I "debuted" and I was so lost, "you will soon teach me about your diabetes" and how much reason I was .....

DiabetesForo
08/06/2011 6:48 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.