Trip with time difference.

Quim's profile photo   08/04/2011 5:29 a.m.

Hello colleagues, how are the summer :-)?

Well, it turns out that this year I will make a trip with 6 hours of time exchange and I don't know how to face the situation ...

My current treatment is 3 times Novorapid, every time I and Levimir 18 und.About 10:00 p.m. (after dinner)
I thought about doing the following.

Levimir - As they are 6 hours less I planned to always respect 24 hours, that is, not change the time and instead of 22:00 put it in 6 hours less, at 4:00 p.m. (after eating) when Spain returns will be anothertime at 10:00 p.m.
Novorapid - I will continue with the same.I will put myself three times in the strong meals and I will keep with some cookie or fruit.This day I will double the controls.

What do you think?Would it be the right thing?You have to nerves with this issue ... :-(

By the way where I go is Rivera Maya and what they tell me are impressive moisture ... can this affect my controls?
Thank you very much for all your comments.
Hugs to all.

Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/04/2011 5:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In principle the guidelines that you have considered ... I would only tell you one thing seems good: try that the DB is not the center of attention of the trip;that is, try to carry it normally.If you see that the controls go well, it does not matter to duplicate them.So you will enjoy the trip more.In addition, he thinks that when we change the routine, the controls are usually affected, but it does not give him more helplessness than he has.
Regarding moisture, think of acquiring a portfolio of these with q gel, immersing them in water, reacts and keeps the bolis at the right temperature.Look in the other posts and sure you will find.I mean this:
I acquired one, and really, it works well.

Well, greetings and good trip ...

estevio's profile photo
estevio
08/04/2011 7:32 a.m.

A link:

Regarding moisture, I live in Valencia ... When summer arrives I usually lower my basal because my figures descend, but each case is a world and what is always worth are the figures that the glucometer gives.

I think it is better in these cases to try to be a little high the first days and then adjust little by little.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/04/2011 12:28 p.m.

Hi Quim!

I was in Riviera Maya last year and this Saturday I return to Mexico, this time to the Pacific area.I tell you my experience in case it is worth something.

In principle it seems well what you are going to do, what I did with the Lantus was to adjust it in Spain before going, to the equivalent time of the time that I wanted to put it there, that is, as I put it at the 8 of theTomorrow, ten days before the trip I started in Spain to delay it until I arrived at 3 in the afternoon that coincides with 8 in the morning there, it is another option.

I was in Mexico almost 20 days and the first 6 or 7, I do not know the reason, time change (even if you keep the hours on the clock, the biorhythms are more complicated to control), type of food ... I was quite high arriving arrivingTo maintain the 300 as 3 days, the Lantus 4 IU came and increased the novorapid punctures to control between hours because I could not go down.After a week I returned at normal doses.Maybe it doesn't happen to you, but it does not happen to you.Then the body adapts and perfect.

As for moisture, because I really don't think it affects.

And as for Riviera Maya, a past that takes advantage of everything you can and I advise you to snorkel in the reefs, there are excursions organized from Playa del Carmen and they are very good, that with care of the hypos.

A hug!

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
08/04/2011 12:58 p.m.

Hello colleagues.
Good, what more interesting answers and practical thank you very much.

Pus the truth that regarding the conservation of insulin already has two cold bags of different sizes.Those bags are great less bad than exist.

I plan to take triple of what you may need flies and more to more a good antidiarrheal.

I know that I am a bit obsessive with the controls and when they do not come out as I want it angry and I get nervous.I will keep in mind that the first days do not leave perfect.

Last year I was in Türkiye and the truth is that on the trip no problem, the opposite the controls better almost than here, but I had no time change.

When I return I will tell you the experience so that I can help future colleagues with this concern.

New mind thank you very much for your time.

Hugs.
Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
08/05/2011 6:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.