I am a breast of a diabetic girl who debuted just a month ago

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/02/2009 9:53 a.m.

Hello everyone;

I wanted to tell our experience in this world for us so new and that we have suddenly had to face.We are Marta's potatoes a 6 -year -old girl who debuted just a month ago.

He entered the ICU on February 18, with a serious ketoacidosis and after 4 horrific days passed to the plant, there was another week more and then they discharged us.Well, I'm going to tell you, it is very hard for us because it is small and also in our case it is a trillion, which I have to the other two that I cannot stop attending them.

The truth is that we are surprised by the girl's acceptance before the disease (she is a pass), she alone in school, her glymia controls are made, she calls us to give us that information and thus every day.Next week the dining room begins and the truth Marta is making us very easy, for what the disease supposes.

Now we are putting NPH, twice a day mixed with Humalog, and at noon we put Humalog again. We are waiting for them to pass to the Lantus, because we believe that we will improve our lives, especially with the issue of schedules.

We also do 6-8 controls a day because they give it nightly hypoglycemia, which walks at the nights.We believe that this insulin does not finish doing well (the NPH), because it produces many peaks, and sometimes we are very lost.

Yesterday we were in the Association of Diabetics of our city and the truth that we were delighted.

Well, I will continue to tell you the evolution of Marta and I hope to share with you, this, that I imagine that we will gradually get the disease and become a routine.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/02/2009 9:53 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Auro.
First, we welcome you and congratulations, for the positive attitude you demonstrate both you and Marta.

I understand you very well, because my daughter's debut was similar, although Celia was 8 years old, but I know how hard she is, and more with those insulins.Let's see if they change it soon to Lantus, because it will give you more stability and more freedom of schedules.

The truth is that children give us lessons.Another story will be adolescence, but there is still a lot.
Only one advice: try that the girl does not feel "different" or that he thinks it is something to hide.The more naturalness, the better it will be for her and for everyone.

A hug and here you have us for the doubts that arise, which at first are usually many, and to share experiences.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2009 11:12 a.m.

Hi Auro, welcome to the forum ... I am Angela's mother, who has just turned 11 and debuted with 5, therefore, as Alea says, I understand you but that very well.
There is a thread in this same section called parents, now it is a little paradillo, but there are always answers for those who need it.
This is not easy, but time makes everything much more affordable, and that is the attitude that is needed to lead this new life better.
A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/02/2009 11:32 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Holassss
It is usual that with those ages (from 3 to 6 years old) the acceptance of the disease is very good ... although there are many years that await it ahead and will have better and worse moments ... but everyone gets ahead.

Normality within how special it is: all people with diabetes can do anything we want or want ... always taking into account diabetes.

Greetings, courage and patience.

DiabetesForo
04/02/2009 5:19 p.m.

Welcome Auro,
We are very happy to have you in our little family.As you have told you, in the parents 'thread we are always to solve any questions even if it is a thorough and although it is a little standing, because your better than anyone knows' that life with children is quite busy, we always try to answer as soon as possible.
Ah, by the way, I am the 4 -year -old Nayah's mother, we started with only 8 little messages but since the bomb has put our quality of life has improved a lot, before we were with NPH and then with a lesson that I facilitate little schedules the schedules.
You have a whole champion at home, I hope Nayah is so responsible for a short time.
A very strong and congratulations hug for that optimism that at first is difficult to find.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
04/02/2009 6:34 p.m.

Hello Auro!
Bad coming !!
I am the mother of a 3 -year -old boy (turns today) who debuted 9 months ago.It is helping me a lot "to caporate" for this forum.I am learning more for what I read here than for what the endocrine guides me especially since they have put the bomb.
Within the delay is the diagnosis you are lucky that your child has that age and is partially autonomous and responsible.With the very kids it is more complicated.The bomb has also facilitated things.
We will read and go through the thread of "parents"

santesteban's profile photo
santesteban
04/05/2009 5:47 p.m.

Hello, I am a debutant of type 1 diabetes for 2 months, I debuted with a hemoglobin of 14, I wear Lantus and Apidra, I am very happy and with few hypoglycemia.At the moment, I have taken it very well, I am 38 years old and I have a precious daughter of 2 and a half years.

In 1 month and a half I will do all the tests again and if they go well I would like to have another child.

I am slowly learning to eat, I mean the amounts of hydrates, etc.

I think, or I want to think that shortly (4 or 5 years) will improve everything related to diabetes investigation.

A HUG.CHEER UP.

Adriana

DiabetesForo
04/24/2009 7:24 a.m.

Hi, Adriana.
You have the ideal attitude to face diabetes without unnecessary traumas, with realism and looking forward.

For all the doubts that arise, that will not be few, here you have us.
Welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo
04/24/2009 11:29 a.m.

A lot of encouragement and strength for the newly debuted and for their families. At the prince, it is all very hard and confusing, but little by little it is true that everything normalizes, not without having any other rush or downturn and not of glucose precisely, but ofCourage, that's why it is great to have a very positive attitude and have a lot of good information, such as the one that occurs here, at least we try among all.
An affectionate greeting.:)

Samira's profile photo
Samira
09/30/2009 8:02 a.m.

Hi Auro:

Welcome to the forum, here you will find a lot of support, affection, advice and information from everyone, I am new and I feel very good in this forum.

Greetings,

Cloud :)

Nube's profile photo
Nube
09/30/2009 10:57 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Hello to all the people of Ecuador who want to form a support group in Quito please write

govacruz's profile photo
govacruz
11/17/2010 4:51 p.m.

Hello everyone, my son gave him 6 years old and already has 22 and the truth is fine although diabetes are not the mathematics almost every day there is some peak.Although we get the best we can, a kiss to all.

Carmen67's profile photo
Carmen67
02/10/2016 6:31 p.m.

Welcome!!!!My daughter is 14 years old and was diagnosed 8 months ago.I do not know that these children have an impressive maturity against the disease.Here he will learn a lot, and I can't believe everything I have learned in these months thanks to the forum, much encouragement !!!!

RocioLlinares's profile photo
RocioLlinares
02/11/2016 11 a.m.

Mamá de María. 15 años. Diagnósticada 05/06/2015
Humalog
Tresiba
@RocioLlinares
Última hemo 6,1

Hi @auro, my daughter is also 6 years old and since December that she is diabetic, at first she got it very well because it was new and it was funny to prick but now that we return to put insulin again, since it is running outThe Luna D honey process is costing a lot.I carry it fatal because now I have started doing the calculations of the HC and my mother how complicated it is but I am already taking the truquillo.I have the problem now with the brother who is 10 years old and of course there are many things that I no longer buy for her and he does not understand it, he tells me that he blames if she cannot eat and the truth is that she is right but and that and that and that and that and thatI do, sometimes I have to hide it.
I read a lot here and although the truth is that sometimes I get scared with what you say but it is also true that I am learning a lot.
Much encourage @auro.

Rosi's profile photo
Rosi
02/11/2016 12:04 p.m.

Mama de niña de 7 años diabetes tipo 1 diciembre 2015
Levemir: Desayuno 2u - Cena 3u
Novorapid: Desayuno-Comida-Merienda-Cena
Última hemo: 7.8

Good afternoon, my daughter is 7 years old and debuted in January.She gets it very well but it costs me because I have mucjas fears.It was quite stable and has started with upward peaks.I have little information about the most appropriate food although I try to read everything I find on the subject.I admire you.All the best.

Candela's profile photo
Candela
03/03/2019 5:50 p.m.

Good night, my daughter is 10 years old and debuted in December.The truth is that I am proud of how she has taken it.I take it a little worse, but I am in the best medical hands in my city, Caceres.I hope to learn little about this disease.Thank you very much for helping in this learning.

betopo's profile photo
betopo
03/03/2019 10:40 p.m.

candela said:
good afternoon, my daughter is 7 years old and debuted in January.She gets it very well but it costs me because I have mucjas fears.It was quite stable and has started with upward peaks.I have little information about the most appropriate food although I try to read everything I find on the subject.I admire you.All the best.

Candela's profile photo
Candela
03/04/2019 7:56 a.m.

Children are increasing insulin dose as they grow, doses must be adapted depending on whether they are posts or controls when you wake up.
If they are very small, it is better to increase half a unit
The endocrine or educators have to indicate how to raise doses as they need it.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
03/04/2019 11:53 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.