Hello, one more diabetic and nesscted of some advice.

antoniorc's profile photo   08/11/2011 7:34 p.m.

Hello, I am diabetic for 11 years and now I have a doubt that I would like to share with you and that you advise me.
I have always had my diabetes well controlled, but for a few years ago I have a lot.In my last review I had a basal 8.3 and I do not get a good control, I find myself in 34 that I get up by eating something in 265 and with many medications that make me out of control my sugar.The problem comes to me that I have to enter Quirofano due to the problem of discs discos and I am afraid of the post operative problem by not having it controlled and if the pump would help me to have it more controlled for my operation.Thank you and I hope you could advise me.THANK YOU.

antoniorc's profile photo
antoniorc
08/11/2011 7:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Antonio, Welcome !!!!
That 8.3 do you mean glycosylated hemoglobin?

It is your endocrine who must indicate or not the use of the pump, I advise you without a doubt, I have beenworks ;) .

Ask everything you feel like.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/12/2011 3:38 a.m.

Antonio, welcome !!!!

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
08/15/2011 11:25 a.m.

Hello Antonio, welcome to the forum.

It would be good that for the operation your endocrine reviewed the guidelines you carry and indicate what you have to do so much the day before, the same day of the operation and the days later.
Normally doctors and surgeons usually look great at people who have diabetes to control more during interventions.
However, the vast majority do not know how to handle an insulin bomb ... with telling you that they do not even know the existence of continuous meters ...

In my opinion it is not the best time to put the bomb, unless the operation is within 1 year and have enough time to learn to handle it.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/15/2011 12:58 p.m.

I am operated with a disco discal L5-S1.I hope everything goes well if you have already decided to go through an operating room because an disc herniation is no joke. Cointed with Owash, it is not the best time for the pump if the intervention is shortly.

..., I am afraid for the post operative problem by not having it controlled and if the pump would help me to have it more controlled for my operation.Thank you and I hope you could advise me.Thank you.

What is clear is that you have controlled diabetes or not before the operation, during the postoperative period you will move in a roller coaster, so it is time to do many controls and correct the hyper.Once stabilites will be the time to consider the theme of the bomb.

pertuak's profile photo
pertuak
08/27/2011 8:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.