Pump yes o pump no.

antoniorc's profile photo   08/11/2011 7:39 p.m.

Hello, I am diabetic for 11 years and now I have a doubt that I would like to share with you and that you advise me.
I have always had my diabetes well controlled, but for a few years ago I have a lot.In my last review I had a basal 8.3 and I do not get a good control, I find myself in 34 that I get up by eating something in 265 and with many medications that make me out of control my sugar.The problem comes to me that I have to enter Quirofano due to the problem of discs discos and I am afraid of the post operative problem by not having it controlled and if the pump would help me to have it more controlled for my operation.Thank you and I hope you could advise me.THANK YOU.

antoniorc's profile photo
antoniorc
08/11/2011 7:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning Antonio!Let's see if I can help you a little, look, I don't really know your case, but I think that in those values ​​it would not be very difficult to control again, what happens is that if you are taking medications that are altering you the sugar or if you haveA very extruding job/career .. because there changes the thing a little more.Anyway, although it is not advisable to have it more than 140-150 after Hber eaten ... it is not quite serious ever to arrive in 200. Have you tried to change the ratio of meals?Maybe you need more ratio for each ration.And on the other hand, if you give you those descents, TB can be because you do not have very caught what each unit lowers you (which as you know, sometimes it can vary depending on the state of health, of our current situation, problems problems...etc).If all this once reviewed, you see that you are still unable to control it, if you could think of the pump's option.
Do you know what happens?Unfortunately, they do not give it to everyone (free), only to clearly necessary cases (very high hemoglobins for a long time) at least in my city.So even if you really want to take a ... your endocrine will be the one who has the last word.

I have been diabetic for 16 years ... and at the beginning it was reluctant to the theme of the bomb (that of going contended, depending on a speech I did not do anything of grace, the truth ...) but my life has changed radically!Now is when I am not enslaved to the such hated needles ... now I feel much freer and with the certainty of being controlled at all times ^^

Hopefully you are very lucky and you can get a ^^
Courage with that operation !!!
For anything, here you have!a kiss!

kiara's profile photo
kiara
08/12/2011 6:27 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.