{'en': 'Tricks for debut type 1 diabetes', 'es': 'Trucos para Debut Diabetes tipo 1'} Image

Tricks for debut type 1 diabetes

juanjo's profile photo   04/11/2009 9:13 a.m.

Hello,

On March 5, I was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes, I am quite "fish" on the subject, I have been searching the Internet to find answers and one alea has recommended this forum (thanks), I would like to know tricks that I can use, I am 34 years old and I never imagined that this could happen to my age.

I would appreciate any advice or trick even if it seems basic, since as I said before I have no idea, I have been with the endocrine and with a nutritionist nurse in Valencia, but I think it has been too much information in a very short time.

Thank you.

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/11/2009 9:13 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, Juanjo.
Well here is the "such" Alea :))

The first thing I will tell you is that most of the people in the forum are on vacation, although on Monday they all come back.

It is normal for so much information to the beginning to digest, so take it easy.
See the doubts that are emerging and so we can give you those tricks you are looking for.

To start, it would help you put with your signature (in the profile) what treatment you carry (types and dose of insulin, etc).If you look, many of us have it, because it makes it easier to give answers when there are doubts.

Within not much time, you will know about your diabetes more than your endocrine, although he will always be the ones who mark the guidelines and who decides your treatments.

If you are not yet, I also recommend that you become a member of a diabetic association.I know that in Valencia there are one of the best in Spain.Being associated costs very little and, in return, they will give you advice, information and even facilitate your life.

Anyway, I don't want to overwhelm you with too many things.The best thing is that you are asking.

Welcome to the club.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/11/2009 11:39 a.m.

HOLASS JUANJO

I am also from Valencia and I also debuted thirty.

For me, the important thing, at first, is to know how your body works regarding food, insulin and exercise.

To achieve that it is usually useful to point everything you do, what you eat and the insulin you put on.The endo or the nurse usually give a notebooks to aim the controls, although you can also do it at any other notebook.

This will help you see what your best treatment is (each one is a world) and to get more and more trust.

At first it is as if it were another world, but little by little you will get used to the "New Matrix": Mrgreen:

So nothing, welcome and as the "such alea" tells you: D asks everything you can think of.

DiabetesForo
04/11/2009 2:16 p.m.

Hi Juanjo, Welcome !!!!

I also diagnosed me a little older, with 37 years and since I was quite disoriented at first, everything seems so difficult, so many new things to learn hehehe ... but in a short time you have dominated it you will see it .....

Kisses

DiabetesForo
04/12/2009 8:44 a.m.

Now I am in a "honeymoon" phase but they have told me that it will last little.I have some questions, I spend all day eating, since I am a person who eats a lot, I also like going to run and my job is quite stressful, so I usually spend things all day to eat, any advice tomeals between hours?Nuts?At the moment like many apples and pears, but I have to accompany him 4 or 5 cookies or die of hunger.I would like to know if there is any specialized store for diabetics in Valencia,

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/12/2009 4:11 p.m.

Holass

Daniel Horchatria.They do some vice fartons ... with glas sugar over ...: oops: you also have the Hollywood fosters, to accompany the entire rib nothing better than a brownie: twisted: ... although for Brownie the one who makes the foreres anaPoppe;)

Well, seriously, there is no food for people with diabetes ... in fact, things "for diabetics" usually have the same or more carbohydrates than "normal" ...talk that usually triple their price.

Carbohydrates is what the blood glucose rises, summarizing a lot,
GLUCEMIA RAISES:
- Everything that comes out of the earth (flours, vegetables, fruits, rice, sugar)
- milk

Glycemia does not rise:
- Everything that runs, nothing or flies and you are able to eat it: mrgreen:

You should not skip carbohydrates in any food or you will have safe hypoglycemia ... but these things with time and a cane are learned

The one you are hungry may be due to 2 causes:
- You have hyperglycemia (above 300), perhaps your body still accuses the symptoms of debut.
-What have a hypoglycemia (if you have recently debuted, you can have up to 100 symptoms)

You can eat everything, better restricts the simple sugar (various saccharin and sweeteners), better the whole fruit and not in juice (the juice is absorbed very quickly) ... the idea is that you work little to your pancreas ... againstFaster you make you work before will be exhausted (this is the theory, in practice ... you know what happens)

Since you are on a honeymoon and your pancreas can give you a little, you wouldand the endo).

Things you can eat between hours: broths (Made in Alea), light soft drinks, water from these with flavors that have come out, small amounts of nuts, cafes and various infusions, garlic 8)

And to finish the billet: Oops:, if you are a "herbs" you always have the possibility of visiting the Navarro store-herborísía, there you can find almost everything, it is also next to the vintages of Spain (I am missing the icon ofBabar) and right in front of the Diabetes Association;)

DiabetesForo
04/13/2009 7:07 a.m.

Greetings, family:

Owash, I don't know if the subconscious has betrayed you or if I am in error, but in the message you put Juanjo that supplies the simple sugars and, among them, you mention the saccharin.I guess it will be sucrose (common sugar).

P.S.I could not go to the thirst congress, since it was in Tenerife;And I, being on another island, given the advanced Congress, I chose to wait for the next year, or when I organize another in my land.

aranus's profile photo
aranus
04/13/2009 8:31 a.m.

True Aranus, meant that it replaced the simple sugar with sweeteners: saccharin, aspartamo ...

And avoid fructose, sucrose ... In general, what ends in Osa is not usually good:-/ (There are controversial opinions about the succral ... I think nothing happens).

A pity that you could not go to Congress, to the 3-4 that I have gone has helped me a lot, I have learned many things, I have known the ambient in these world, you listen and sometimes you know characters and various characters ..It is fine, but hey, there will be more opportunities.

DiabetesForo
04/13/2009 8:55 a.m.

At the moment I have stopped clicking quickly and I am only with 8 units of Lantus, it is a pass because almost all day I am between 80 and 120, in fact when I wantThat more sugar have (within an order), I also do several controls such as 8 or 10 a day, even so when I run I stop control and I have to take a sugar over, I think I'm going to get off the dose againto 6 units of Lantus.With respect to all the diseases that I am reading in the forums I am quite welcomed, the whole view of view, circulation problems, how to control all that?How many times do you go to the doctor a month?Because I was to never go to the doctor and take an aspirin a year at most.By the way you know if there are ice poles without sugar,

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/13/2009 5:21 p.m.

By the way I appreciate your help,

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/13/2009 5:27 p.m.

Owash I see that you are from Valencia, you have named an association with the vintages of Spain, I have looked on the Internet, how are they?Is it worth it?It seems more for parents with diabetic children,
Thank you for your answer, by the way in Navarro they sell cooking trays with cocoa pieces that told me that they were for diabetics for € 1.80 that you die.

juanjo's profile photo
juanjo
04/13/2009 5:32 p.m.

Hi Juanjo, welcome ... here the mother of a diabetic girl.
Surely until your honeymoon lasts and if you exercise on top, your insulin needs will be little, the subject is in seeing how long it lasts ... I think you will do well to lower the Lantus to see how you are going.
I get the impression, for your last post that you have not understood what Owash told you about the "suitable suitable" meals .... In our case, we do not buy them for the reasons they have already commented and also because they usuallyEnriching the taste with a lot of fat ... Therefore, if they make normal cookies, it is better that you take them from those and learn to calculate how much insulin you have to put yourself for each shot.
You will do well to go through that association, the references are those of being one of the best associations in Spain, due to their experience and dedication.But surely Owash can respond better to the subject.
Greetings and welcome.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
04/14/2009 4:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Regarding cookies ... that do not deceive you, if they are made of flour they have hydrates, and if they have hydrates, the blood glucose will upload ... sure you find cookies equally good and much better price ... although if you likeThat also does not happen.

The diseases you mention usually appear due to poor diabetes control for many years (minimum 7-8 years) ... do not pay attention, if you take care you will avoid all those complications.

I am little objective with the association: Oops:
I think it is always good to meet other people in your very situation ...
One of the best things I think is that there are many young people and despite this we try to do things for everyone (look at the thread of associations, there are some recent things of the association)
Do not pay much attention to our website that is very little updated (we are in the process of changing it)

DiabetesForo
04/14/2009 8:39 a.m.

Hello:

When I see in a product that "diabetic tolerated" I no longer buy it, we are allergic to something ??????:-/, not even sugar, we just have to look at the labels well and read the amount of hydrates that each product has to know how much insulin put ourselves.I don't care if I have sugar, what matters to me is the total amount of hydrates, I think it is the most important data, it seems that we only have to look at sugar and the rest of hydrates what? .....

DiabetesForo
04/14/2009 10:33 a.m.

Returning to the last written by Prado I have a question/doubt/concern ...

As I commented in another thread, I have started injecting insurpose, Lantus, after dinner.

The point is that I will start getting into the novorapid.And my big question is ... how much do I get! ???I understand that this of the amounts are different for each one, but somehow you will have all started with x units and you will have corrected with the experience.

I see it as follows, correct me if I am wrong, always breakfast breakfast the same, I see it easy, I am trying.When eating and dinner at home, more or less 3/4 of the same.

But let's imagine that this great day of August arrives in which the child and my wife will take an ice cream and I come from the beach bar with three instead of with two.And then, before my wife asked me if I have a lover and I have invited her to accompany us, I would like to tell her "quiet affection, now I put x you of the quick and you will see how I stay as I was or maybe II have to take another. "

This could be a situation, another Sunday's paella, another wedding, banque?

I don't know if the question has an answer ... but among any of the books I have bought, one is titled "Diabetic Food Table".In it all or almost all foods come and next to the UP/UC that are seen that are the carbohydrate or bread units containing each food.According to the book The UP/UC equals about 10-12 grams of assimilable carbohydrates.All this so that if I take a cake of 4 up/UC and usually I get 2ud quickly for each UP/UC, because for that sponge cake I have to put 8 ud of insulin.So my questions are: does anyone use this type of tables?How to know the relationship between you of insulin and up/uc?What is the origin that the doses of insulins are measured by units?Do you have something to do with insulin and UC/UC UD?

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
05/05/2009 6:51 p.m.

What you say is "El Dorado" de la Diabetes :))

The diet for portions is what we use to know what amount of insulin we should put on.

Very basically (because you can complicate everything your imagination gives):
1 ration carbohydrates (10 gr) is equivalent to 1 ultra -shaped insulin unit (Novorapid, Apidra, Humalog)

This website: it is very complete:

When putting the insulin you have to take into account:
- Glycemia you are
- Food you are going to ingest
- Exercise you are going to do
- Sensitivity you have to insulin (it is not the same to be on a honeymoon than to have obese)

It is an algorithm that at first seems impossible to find the trick, but in the end and based on experiencing, measuring, weighing and reasoning you end up being a soupy expert in diabetological nutrition.

DiabetesForo
05/06/2009 4:21 a.m.

Thank you very much Owash, I will experiment.: D

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
05/06/2009 6:11 a.m.

.... yes, there is no choice but to experience :)) because the theory is very beautiful but it is not always fulfilled, so it is best to measure, measure and measure yourself and get conclusions, in addition what is worth meIt is more sure that you don't be worth you ...

DiabetesForo
05/07/2009 7:49 a.m.

Hello, I am new, I am new in this forum, I still do not in diabetes. I am also a little dizzy with the fast insulin, so much, what I started to put on and kitar myI have already found my doses more or less ... I am not in favor of the "DIEBETICS´´´´Porke products are not, you have already said it, they have a lot of hydrates and they are very expensive ... I am also celiac, I cannot eat gluten and I pay enough x these foods. My greater fear is now the heat., which are your tricks. I am Carla, from Valencia, delighted to meet you

carla's profile photo
carla
05/12/2009 5:25 a.m.

Hi Carla
The last 2 years I have had to lower a couple of units the basal (lantus or lesspress), normally heat makes me sweat much more and glucose lows me more than in winter ... It also happens that I move a little more: oops: And everything contributes.

As it is almost always a matter of experimenting, glycemic controls (5 or 6 a day, minimum) and being able to adjust little by little.

By the way, that on Sunday 24 we make a miniented people with diabetes ... we will play bowling and take something (light of course) ... If you dare, we will stay on Sunday 24 at the door of the Bowling of Campanar.

DiabetesForo
05/12/2009 7:09 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.