Social work Cajamadrid supports volunteer in diabetes

DiabetesForo's profile photo   04/23/2009 5:06 p.m.

Social work Caja Madrid suffers with 10,000 euros a volunteer program for diabetic patients

Valencia, Apr. 23.(Press Europa) -

The Valencian Association of Diabetes (AVD) will carry out a pioneering volunteer program thanks to a subsidy of 10,000 euros of social work Caja Madrid, as reported by the entity in a statement.

The initiative contemplates the formation of 100 people, who will advise and offer information in 20 hospitals in Valencia about the risks of the disease, as Avd sources have explained today.

The donation has been formalized by signing a collaboration agreement between the two entities, framed in social aid 2009 of the institution, program of subsidies to NGOs and social entities that aims to "combat inequalities, fight against Alzheimer'sdisabled, reinforce the autonomy of the elderly, avoid the exclusion of immigrants, and favor labor insertion. "
____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

There is a slight mistake in the press release: there are no 20 hospitals in Valencia: shock:

The program is based on the concept of "expert patient": trained patients will be those who teach or improve diabetes control.The initial idea was to do it with groups of parents and adolescents, we probably expand it at type2 (view the situation ...)

I will inform.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
04/23/2009 5:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi, I'm Adriana, I love the news if other banks copy it

DiabetesForo
04/24/2009 7:12 a.m.

10,000 euros is not much money ... but less is anything, so welcome are !!!!, and we are grateful, now there are only a need to advance improvements for the Diabetics community.;-)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
04/24/2009 8:31 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

10,000 euros is not much money ... but less is anything, so welcome!The Diabetics Community.;-)

Greetings,
Fer.

Do not believe Fer, Cajamadrid must be the entity that allocates the associations.

In this link, you can see the amount of projects and the amount of diseases/associations that are:

And there is only disabilities but in this other link there are 5 more categories:

I already guarantee that some improvement will be done, modest, but improves.

DiabetesForo
04/24/2009 4:21 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.