Hello everyone

hugo79's profile photo   05/05/2009 6:06 a.m.

Hello, I am new to the forum and new friend of insulin.

I have read almost the whole forum and before asking a question, that I have enough, I take the opportunity to introduce myself.

I am 29 years old, I started to foolThey ran through my veins with great joy, also as I did not fat but was thus tearing the ice cream and other sweets owed them;On the other hand with the newborn child when I got up at night I always threw a slot of juice that I loved ... but well I also urinated every two for three and had a little tiredness, I blamed the tiredness of the new circumstance to the new circumstanceFrom the little one and to urinate, of course, if I drink, I must urinate, great sense of mine hehehe.

The echo is that my wife was musquea with what happened to me until one day I wet the bed at night.Making Cabalas we thought it could be diabetes, some information we had, in my family there was a history, and serious, of a diabetic who is no longer with us, a brother who happened to me but did not have the luck of havingNext to a woman who told her 4 things and drag it to the doctor.

Well, as we said, we went to the pharmacy in the afternoon to get a glycemia with a speech that they had there, Salión 200 and Pico, the pharmacist did not tell us that it was serious but insisted that he should go to the head doctor.

There we went, but I don't know in other places, but here in Castellón the head doctors are a bit saturated ... and they measured an appointment for a week;Meanwhile, I do not remember if I still did not diet or controlled me something .... The fact is that the day, before the appointment with the doctor d head I returned to the pharmacy on an empty stomach and left 275, from there we leftRgent to the hospital and they attended us very correctly, they gave me some food patterns and they told me to wait for the event with the header ....

Already with the head doctor .. Analysis ... glucometer recipe and pills, I was not sure of the doctor if it was type 1 or 2, opted for the 2 ... He sent me to the endocrine of the hospital and he was not clear if he was not clear ifIt was 1 or 2, with the pills it went down but they were not normal figures ... still we tried a season without pills to see that passab ... more or less the same ..... so we started with insulin,12 of Lantus after dinner and the novorapid if necessary .... of 12 in 1 més I have passed to 20 and of Novorapid barely use but I think it would be convenient.

Endo tells me that we continue for a while adjusting the Lantus that with it I have normal values ​​before meals but upload to 200 after them, and if the thing remains the same and we want to nail all the measurements to normal values ​​because we will already put the rapidIn each meal ....

And in that I am, playing with my friend La Lantus and looking sideways at the novorapid.

I hope it has not been a tostón.

Greetings to all.

A first question.In the prospect of the insulin (Lantus and Novorapid) he says that they must be kept in the fridge as long as their use is not foreseen, and remove them in advance when a new pen begins, and on this he says that in use, a pen lasts about 20-25 days;Today, a pen for Lantus in less than 20-25 days but no novorapid, I use less and it lasts much more, it is worth throwing it and starting another or really lasts the insulins more ????

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
05/05/2009 6:06 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Hugo

For what accounts it seems a clear debut in type 1 diabetes. I am surprised that they have started treatment with pills (oral antidiabetics), although it seems that you are finally dealing with insulin.
Does it sound to you that you have done an analysis called C Peptide C?If the C peptide is low, it is very likely that you are type 1 (to be confirmed with immunity tests)
Has the doctor told you to be on a honeymoon?

One possibility is that you have a lada diabetes or type 1.5 diabetes

What ends you?Have you visited the educator nurse?Milagros Bonilla I think he is a good professional.

As for insulin, I prefer to follow the manufacturer's instructions, insulin loses effectiveness after 1 month open the ball ...

Salu2

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2009 7:40 a.m.

Hi Owash.
From analysis they have only made me (specific to diabetes) that of hemoglobin, the last one came out 7%.
The C peptide did not make me the endo because in his opinion, when the insulin prescribed me, it was already clear that it was type 1;I do not know if it is worth the Peno or not to do this analysis and what information would facilitate us ...

The honeymoon did tell me, before putting the insulin, that is, while foolishing with panels if no pills;I guess I will still continue in this honeymoon .....

I say it because after reading your comments on the forum, so it seems, in cases like mine that is not known if I am 1, 2 or 1.5, start with pills, then slow insulin, then slow+fast and I don't knowIf I will reach the insulin pump or not ... namely.

They treat me in Vinaroz, I said about Castellón as a province, I am from Benicarló.My endocrine is Dr. Boluda, a young professional but I see it with great experience and very dialogue, he has not imposed me more than some orientative doses to begin with and gives me the freedom to adjust them, he tells me that we know that a long time (years (years) of high glycemia is dangerous and brings consequences but that is gradually adjusting the insulin to enter nomales ... and I am in that, normal values ​​before the meals and high, over 200 after it, in the morningFrom 100 to 140. The educator is called Pilar, very attentive and willing to answer everything ... and I ask, but shut up, there are so many questions!That when you leave the Consuta, you remember that many are left in the inkwell.

All the best.

hugo79's profile photo
hugo79
05/05/2009 8:26 a.m.

SIP, Dr. Severino Boluda, the educator "I don't have it controlled" :)

The C peptide helps us to know the insulin reserves of the pancreas ... It is useful to know if we are on honeymoon and help a diagnosis of diabetes ... In any case, the only thing that matters is if you need insulin or not.

In my view it is very important to know if you have insulin reservations or not ... that we give one name or another to your illness imports much less.The rational thing is to preserve everything that can be the pancreas ... and for that it is much better insulin than oral antidiabetics.

What will happen to you in the future?Nobody knows ... I know the case of a boy who with 9 years of evolution only carries Lantus and a couple of fast units at meals ... and opposite cases, people with type 1.5 diabetes and with high doses of insulin...

So nothing, ask what you want and test us :))

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/05/2009 10:28 a.m.

Well, I take the opportunity to introduce myself, since I made my debut on February 11, this 2016 and I am also from Benicarló, and the Dr. Severino Boluda and Pilar has treated me (although I go to see it tomorrow on my first visit after the medical discharge)
I am of type 1, by the way, and they entered with ketonuria, although it is already controlled, I am a little nervous, although seeing the comments of most people I feel a lot more quiet, although in 15 days I am going to live in Australia 9months, any council of the community?

Thanks a lot

Aitotti's profile photo
Aitotti
02/14/2016 11:29 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.