Glycemic index frozen bread and frozen peas

DiabetesForo's profile photo   05/17/2009 5:37 a.m.

What I believed an error is costing me the "death of several of my scarce neurons": Twisted:

I read, in the Chapter on Food of the Diabetological Education Manual of the CV, which 80 gr.of frozen peas were equivalent to 60 gr.Of fresh peas: shock:
Yesterday, chattering with my educator told me the same doubt but with frozen bread, according to her the glycemic index of frozen bread is less than the bread without freezing: shock :: shock :: shock :: shock: and that this issue was ofusual conversation at educators meetings (the few there are)

Do you know anyone why?Let's see if I am going to have to freeze everything ... will it happen to Brownie? And the Santiago cake?: Mrgreen:

Pos that, I'm a bit vague, I've already reviewed a couple of websites and San Google doesn't help me, so I claim your help.

Thank you so much

Jo, I feel just debuted by asking questions: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/17/2009 5:37 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know about the bread and peas, but I have checked with the potatoes, cooked and cooled potatoes in the refrigerator for a few hours, I had read it in a list of diabetes in which I participated and tried it, the process of cooling themIt makes them lower the glycemic index, even if you warm them again, so I am not surprised that the same thing happens with bread or peas .....: D

DiabetesForo
05/17/2009 6:36 a.m.

Well, I had never heard it ... but it can be true, because, for example, corn popIn foods containing starch, the opposite may happen when freezing them.
Let's freeze the brownies, to see if it's true :))

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/17/2009 10:30 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I understand that when freezing the PAN, what it does is "strengthen carbohydrates" (the opposite of decomposing them)

If they decomposed, the absorption would be faster ... the process must be the opposite, it is more united and the absorption process takes longer ... it is as if they became complex sugars.

But go, that is a theory of mine and therefore, crazy and probably unfounded.

DiabetesForo
05/17/2009 3:13 p.m.

Yes, Owash, that is what I meant, that when freezing them they break down more hardly.
: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/17/2009 5:24 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)

Although I do not know if it has to do or not, he heard a long time ago (when the diabetics were people who did not eat sweets) that if you frozen the Bimbo bread (now they call it from mold) and you dicking down were much better for health, come on, come on, come on,that enhanced something that they have inside that must be good for something.I heard so and I put it, EA.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
05/18/2009 6:53 a.m.

My mother, in case we complicated little, now to learn that, according to the degree of cooking or frozen, the glycemic index varies: Mrgreen:

If in the end it will be that Celia's problem is caused by temperature changes ...: idea:

Well nothing, to make more accounts:-/

Health

DiabetesForo
05/18/2009 11:22 a.m.

Incredible.Just a few days ago a naturist recommended not to cook the paste or rice a lot because a very cooked food was supposedly different than in one al dente: shock: and that my glycemia could vary according to how they eat them.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
05/18/2009 1:21 p.m.

Anapp

Eye that is not the same glycemic index as carbon

But I remember evil of my little nutritionist studies (which for what they have served me, the day I find out my great that I did a 200 -hour course kills me :))) The glycemic index is only the measure of what it takesA food to raise blood glucose level.

That it has little glycemic index does not mean that it does not raise blood glucose but it makes it more slowly ...

For example, paella: Oops: 8) It must have an average glycemic index because it takes a long time to raise glucose but then pay you a rush that pa what: Oops:

Hummm Bimbo bread

DiabetesForo
05/18/2009 2:11 p.m.

Here you have a link about the glycemic index, which seems interesting to me .... nothing of freezing speaks, but of the number of factors that may make the glycemic index vary even from the same food ....
Conclusion, as in almost everything related to "essay error" diabetes ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/19/2009 5:29 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Very interesting, Velia, and yes, the conclusion is that the glucometer is the best help, because there are 1000 variables.A hug

Regina's profile photo
Regina
05/19/2009 7:13 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.