Guide on the different aspects of diabetes mellitus

fer's profile photo   05/19/2009 7:02 a.m.

elaborate a guide on the different aspects of diabetes mellitus
Health professionals have a new guide entitled "Diabetes Mellitus in clinical practice" in which the different aspects of diabetes mellitus are grouped and helps them to know the origin of the disease and howIt manifests itself to its beginning.

Coordinated by doctors Francisco Javier Tébar, Head of the Service of Endocrinology and Nutrition of the Virgen de la Arrixaca (Murcia) and Fernando Escobar University Hospital, Head of the Endocrinology and Clinical Nutrition Service of the San Cecilio Clinical Hospital (Granada), the Manual will be presentedTomorrow within the framework of the 51st National Congress of the Spanish Society of Endocrinology and Nutrition (SEEN) that is held in Zaragoza.

It is estimated that diabetes mellitus affects more than three million people in Spain and according to data from the World Health Organization (WHO), more than 180 million people are currently suffering from it in the world.

The experts predict that of continuing with this trend, the figure will double before 2030, due to the gradual aging of the population and the change in life styles.

Specifically, in Spain, the prevalence of diabetes has gone from 5-6%, in the 80s, 12% detected since 2000, SEEN sources report in a press release.

In this context, one of the main difficulties to be faced with health professionals in diabetic patient care is to find a practical and updated manual that manages to group the different aspects of diabetes.

The book that is presented tomorrow collects, with a very practical perspective, aspects such as the etiology of diabetes, its initial manifestations, the diagnostic methods indicated by international scientific organizations and guidelines for individualized treatment.

The publication presents 57 chapters exhibited and analyzed by 90 experts in this pathology.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2009 7:02 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I attach the guide summarized in PDF version:

[Attachment = 0] <!

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2009 7:40 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I also attach the complete guide:

[Attachment = 0] 081021_diabetes_version_completa.pdf [/Attachment]

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2009 7:42 a.m.

Thank you very much Fer, I was aware of the guide ... You have saved me a speech: D

2 Boat things soon:

- There is no patient vision (if we crush us with which we have to self -control, self -vigilate and supermineralize ourselves ... Why are they so reluctant to provide the patient's vision?)
- And psychology? ... The goat throws the mountain, but it always angers me because of the same ...Social influence, not to fall into boredom or routine, stress or nerves alter the glycemia ... I could continue until I fell asleep: Twisted: ... Are they so zopencos not to see that a fighter psychologist is essential in all theDiabetes consultations?... I know that just as important as an ophthalmologist, a podiatrist, and many other professions that end in -Ogo ... but this issue has me very burned.

By the way, Ja Vázquez sweeping home ... all of the Basque Country and Navarra except contributions from Sara Artola and Josep Franch: Shock:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2009 10:30 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.