Biomedical Research Institute (IRB) of Barcelona

fer's profile photo   05/19/2009 11:50 a.m.

<FONT SIZE = "150"

The researcher at the Biomedical Research Institute (IRB) of Barcelona Antonio Zorzano will lead the European Diomed project, which will work until 2011 in the search for new compounds for the treatment of diabetes and obesity, endowed with more than one million euros.

In the Diomed, Acronym for Diabetes, Obesity and Medicine, the Barcelona Science Park (PCB) participates, where IRB Barcelona is located, and the Associação Beira Atlâtico Park (Biocant Park) of Portugal, in addition to four basic research groups.

The project aims to strengthen the biomedical industry of southern Europe and generate value with patentable molecules such as prefármacos against diabetes and obesity, which later, if they work in diabetic animals, will be tested in a clinic, as explained in a statement Antonio Zorzano.

Diomed's objective is to find molecules that have a pharmacological effect on three Diana proteins linked to diabetes and obesity previously identified in the Laboratories of the IRB Barcelona and the Inserm (Institut National of the Santé et de la Recherche Scientifique).

Scientists will analyze a 1,200 molecules library (chemoteca) to identify those that have an effect on proteins related to these pathologies, and subsequently, with combinatorial chemistry techniques, valid compounds will be improved and the function function will be checked.

In addition to investigating in chemotoecs, the consortium will work in the structure of Diana proteins, so that once its three -dimensional form with X -ray crystallography is known, molecules can be found that fit, with the help of bioinformatics.

The Biomedical Research Institute is a center dedicated to basic and applied research where biology, chemistry and medicine converge, in which 28 structured groups work in five programs: cell biology and development, structural and computational biology, molecular medicine, oncology, and chemistry and molecular pharmacology.

These 28 IRB Barcelona groups receive technical support and advice from six high -performance scientific platforms of the Institute, and that complement the services and platforms of the Barcelona Scientific Park.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2009 11:50 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

I have not learned of Na.

Come on, it reminds me of Cantinflas, who spoke, spoke, and said nothing.

The "prefármacos" is what is taken before drugs?

Ganitas to complicate:-/

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/19/2009 2:09 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

ha ha ha

I understand that they are the precursor principles of a drug, that is, that the molecules that have a pharmacological effect are first investigated in three proteins linked to diabetes and based on this, a drug that is effective can be developed ... but come on... I am not an expert in the field either.;-)

Greetings,
Fer.

fer's profile photo
fer
05/19/2009 4:12 p.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

:-/
After they are not surprised that we think new diseases are invented: shock:

This prefármacos reminds me that I just ate in a expensive restaurant (from a cap, they paid others: Oops :) and the waiters, as the dishes were served, they were explaining what it was (it is what the author's kitchen has: They have to explain what is on the plate because it is impossible to guess it), well because the desserts arrive and announce:

"Nosequenosecuantos" as preposter 8) 8) ... Take already: !:!: And then the dessert came: Twisted :: D

I have perfected this technique and now I do pre -allege, pre -perperitive and pre -managed :)): Mrgreen:

Ale have already distorted the post: Oops:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/20/2009 4:26 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.