Diabetes test error

DiabetesForo's profile photo   08/31/2011 8:34 p.m.

It turns out that last week I bought a botellin orange juice in the street and I take it, I get to work and by surprise they send me a medical examination of blood (which is supposed to be fasting) and the result was a bitof high sugar, and that is why they would have to repeat the test a day later, I have always left with normal sugar, so I thought that the next day they would do another blood test and it would already go well and forgotten matter.But it turns out that the next day they take my blood and effectively go well but with the surprise that they go to drink 75g of glucose, yes, without letting me know anything they did that exam that is called glucose tolerance curve, I did not haveI idea that it was for what I served, I just wanted me to end up quickly and go to work, the glucose thus wise horrible and take it very slowly, to small drinks, when I finish the 2 glasses of glucose, not even 20 minutes had passedFrom the last drink and I went to get the second sample, which resulted 208 mg/dl, they tell me that I have to wait one more hour (if one hour, no 2) and they get blood again giving a good resultAlthough just spend an hour.With these results the doctor that same day diagnoses me with type 2 diabetes mellitus.Disease, the next day I am going to take a normal blood exam to see my sugar and cholesterol to a particular doctor and the result was that my sugar is normal.I return with the doctor of the company and comment on my doubts and I show him the exam that I did particularly and the doctor did not help me at all, in fact he put in my medical file of my work "The patient refuses to accept his illness"claiming that with the result of 208 in the second test I am already diabetic.People of this forum: if I had diabetes, of course I would like to find out as soon as possible and serve me as soon as possible.But for everything I tell you I think I have no diabetes, I have no symptoms, I am a very healthy person, I exercise, I am in my ideal weight, I have no relatives with this disease.Even so, the doctor is already talking about starting to medicate, I already read in this forum how dangerous a single insulin injection in a healthy person can be.what I do??Do you think that a test made with the errors that it had of time is reliable to make diagnosis ???Finally, I will comment that I will go to a particular laboratory to repeat the examination of the glucose tolerance curve, my fear is that if I was not sick drinking so much fasting glucose for these exams if it can affect me, so I do not know if to do itImmediately or let a month pass.If the result is good, it will help me to have physical tests in my work that the result of your exam is wrong.Thanks in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/31/2011 8:34 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Juandedios!
Welcome!!So you tell, if you may have type 2 diabetes, even if not in a very "advanced" degree, and the solution is not so serious, can that with a little exercise and take care of you a littleWhen eating you don't need anything else.
Insulin, it will not be necessary in your case, since it seems that your pancreas, although it begins to cost it a bit to control your glucose levels, it still has enough function, since although it is taking a little longer, it manages to control theGlucose levels in your blood.At the beginning in the beginning, they will give you some pills to "stimulate" your own insulin production and get normality.
A type 2 diabetic can spend perfectly your life without insulin.Although it is normal that over the years the pancreas decreases its function more and more and in the end if necessary to administer it.And it is also normal that told you before, that at the beginning with "diet" and exercise, you do not even need pills.
Today, type 2 diabetes is increasingly present in our society, according to some statistical study, I think I remember that 15% of the adult population has it.And there are a large part of people who do not know that they have it, with the long -term consequences they can carry them.
That you have no symptoms, neither does it mean that you do not have it, since the normal thing in type 2 diabetes is that it is detected in routine analysis, and unless the thing emphasizes to be more serious, does not cause appeals.Subsequently, there are three key symptoms, polyuria, polydipsia, polyphia, which are, urinating a lot, drinking a lot of water and a lot of hunger.
In my opinion, you are in a phase of denial, but I would tell you that you look for information and read a lot about the subject, and confess in your doctor (although you can always look for second opinions).Since since you have been diagnosed so soon, you have all the opportunities to take care of yourself and avoid complications in the future.

Kisses !!And encourage !!!

DiabetesForo
09/01/2011 3:59 a.m.

The test was badly done because they had only spent a few minutes since I took the last half vessel of glucose and not an hour of course (the result was 78-208-120).The next day I did a simple test in another laboratory and the glucose was 79, on the third day again they get blood in the company by order of another doctor and I go out with 76. But it is a doctor who gives all the credibility toThe tolerance curve although I explain that I drink the sugary liquid only a few minutes before.Anyway, I think we will only come out of doubt by repeating the proof of the tolerance curve.How many days will it be prudent to repeat it?

DiabetesForo
09/01/2011 11:01 a.m.

Better than fences to a diabetologist and tell him the case and that they do the tests well and follow everything to the letter because I think you can have a tendency to be type 2, I know the sugar in men is 97 andWomen 93 No 76 .... I have tested a friend on an empty stomach and penaltYou have ....: D then tell us your results x fis!

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
09/02/2011 6:19 p.m.

I have been practiced by the glucose tolerance curve again and the levels are normal.I have no diabetes.
What alarms me is the ease of a doctor to decide whether you are healthy or not, when he had already explained the error when practicing the exam.Luckily I felt perfectly well, with ideal weight, without a history in the family, etc.Yoooo if that is done to a person with kilos of more, or who feels a little bad that day, surely he will suggest and live all his deceived life that he has diabetes.I am very upset with that doctor, with that hospital.

DiabetesForo
11/14/2011 7:06 p.m.

Hi Juandedios
With 76 glucose levels I do not know what diabetes they want to put you, unless they invent one, that does not do or miss you and the patents.
I would be very, very quiet, you can also control if you are worried, that on the other hand I see it normal, with a test with the ease glucometer, if you do not have it, for a euro they do it in the pharmacy.
Health2

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/15/2011 3:50 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Juandedios, I'm glad that everything has remained in anything, and yes, I am not surprised that you are upset ... but hey, the important thing is that you are well ... say it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/15/2011 3:59 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I have 240 glucose. It is sure to have diabetes ... ?????.A day before the exam take two glasses of juices of moraHigh I have not had any diabetes symptom
There will be some hope that I do not have ... Consuelemen ...

KAYA's profile photo
KAYA
01/31/2020 6:41 p.m.

kaya said:
I have 240 glucose. It is sure to have diabetes ... ?????.A day before before the exam, take two cups of rice pamper juices, fried potatoes and llagarin soup ... those could have altered the exams .... I am afraid ... and I have not had any diabetes symptoms
There will be some hope that I don't have ...

Kaya, 240 fasting glucose is diabetes ... encouragement that the wolf is not as fierce as they paint it.What do we need to take care of more?Yes, but ... think that you will follow a healthier diet, you and your family, and that following the advice of a doctor you will be great.I spent a few months, after an fasting exam was 126, denying it, until it gave me more than 170 on an empty stomach and glycosylated hemoglobin of 8 ... and I didn't have any diabetes symptoms, maybe that's why IIt cost more to assimilate it.Think that as soon as possible it is detected and is better for you.A very strong hug from distance.

cgs's profile photo
cgs
01/31/2020 6:51 p.m.

Diagnosticada de DM en enero de 2019, con tres generaciones (yo sería la cuarta) de diabéticos tipo 1 en la familia
En principio DM2 por resistencia a la insulina asociada a SOP (sin tener en cuenta los antecedentes familiares)
De momento, solo con Forxiga y Rybelsus (7mg) por la mañana
La glucosa hace lo que le da la gana
Ultimas Hemos: 7,2 (26/12/2023); 6,7 (12/2/2023, al mes de empezar con Rybelsus 3mg)
Última hemo: 6

: '(:' (: '(:' (I am 28 years old with a 6 -year -old daughter. I feel that I will not be able to see her grow ... my God because I ... I'm very bad ... no longerI am interested in studying that my days are counted.

KAYA's profile photo
KAYA
01/31/2020 11:09 p.m.

: '(:' (: '(:' (I am 28 years old with a 6 -year -old daughter. I feel that I will not be able to see her grow ... my God because I ... I'm very bad ... no longerI am interested in studying that my days are counted.

KAYA's profile photo
KAYA
01/31/2020 11:09 p.m.

Hello Juan!Because of what you count I do not think you have diabetes but I wanted to make a comment so that you control yourself and take care of yourself.I was doing sports, I took great care with my meals, I hardly ate sugars, I wore a quite complete vegan diet and I have no history of type 1 diabetes in my family however 3 months ago they decreed the disease !!

sjulieta's profile photo
sjulieta
01/31/2020 11:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.