I am very worried

paris's profile photo   09/09/2011 7:13 p.m.

My daughter when you sleep do not notice the hypo (and you have them), when you are an adult how will you solve this if you live alone ???, do you get up at dawn to look at you?I always have to do it with my girl.I would appreciate your experiences

paris's profile photo
paris
09/09/2011 7:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

My son does not realize, unless it is something extreme, only once he woke up and said I am very short, I don't know how much because without measuring him or I gave him anything.Since we have the continuous meter, he does not wake up even if the alarm sounds fully, I don't know if when he is older he will do it.If I am sincere, I do not consider the future, I made that decision for mental health, we live the day to day, we will not be anything in life but we are happy :)).

mornita's profile photo
mornita
09/11/2011 5:52 a.m.

Hello,.The alarm clock at 2 in the morning that is when 5 hours ago that I have put the lantus, and there have been nights that I have caught the hypo in time, I do not know if I would have helped you

barry's profile photo
barry
09/11/2011 6:36 a.m.

I always notice them, in fact I only wake up if I have hip.
And you can say that I live alone, or similar.

Perhaps, your child does not notice them because it is well controlled.
I usually explain it:

If you go by car at 300 km/h and stop until you put 50 km/h .... you notice a very strong brake
If you go by car at 60 km/h and stop until you put 40 km/h .... just notice

If we move that example to glycemia, the theory says that we are usually more accustomed to those values ​​to those values ​​and less note the downs.
I always tell that my worst hiccup was the day of the debut, they lowered me from 500 and glycemia peak to 150 in just 3 hours .... I started as I have never done it: shock:

On the other hand, as insulin sensitivity normally grows, it decreases ... that is, rises and descents are usually less sudden.

Although of course, as we usually say, one thing is the theory and another what happens to each one.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
09/11/2011 4:50 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.