3 -year -old diabetic daughter

josephine's profile photo   10/01/2011 4:33 p.m.

Hello, I have a 3 -year -old diabetic daughter and the truth is that the beginning of the course is being terrible.
This summer we lowered the insulin because it was always low and now that the school started we walk a bit lost because sometimes it arrives in mid -morning and of course in the school they have no idea and makes some terrible rebounds .... helpaaaaaaaaaaaa

josephine's profile photo
josephine
10/01/2011 4:33 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Josephine.

First of all, calm.You have reached a place where we will all understand you and we will help you to the extent of our possibilities.

I recommend several things:

Stop for the "Parent" section, which we are quite a few that we have had or have to deal with the diabetes of the kids and you will see how everything has a solution.

The second is that the more data we give us (what insulinas use, schedules, type of diet, etc.) the easier it will be to guide you.Nor would it be bad that you tell us where you are, in case there is someone from your same area that can guide you with endocrine, educators, associations, etc.

A kiss to the little and welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/01/2011 8:16 p.m.

Welcome to the forum

Stop for the thread of parents and tell us a little your case, to see what we can help you.

DiabetesForo
10/02/2011 4:27 a.m.

Welcome!!!!
I see you in parents.

A hug.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/02/2011 6:31 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I encourage and calm if it makes you high help, here we are

juangl's profile photo
juangl
10/07/2011 3:52 p.m.

Hello, my child is 5 years old, we have been with diabetes for almost two years, and the problem of hypos has not yet solved it.
What we know is that with heat you have to remove up to 30% insulin.
Now as these heat days we do not know very well adjust the dose.
We put two injections one in the morning and one on the night of NPH-Insulard and Ir-Actrapid.
Being so small average unit affects it a lot like heat and exercise.
Yesterday we tried to unfold the NPH in the morning in two, at 8 am and at 2 pm, to see if we can flatten the glycemia curve a bit, at night the same as always.
Then you say that insulins and what schedules do you put it on.
All the best

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/13/2011 6:01 p.m.

Juanqui, in your place I would ask the endo about the bomb.

I have already read you when you think it is for older children, for the issue of movement and others, but the truth is that in the little ones it is great, because the doses can be graduated in tenths and adjust at all times according to their needs.

Regarding what the catheter moves and others, the truth is that it is much more resistant than it seems.In fact there are parents here who have children with bomb since childhood and are delighted.I hope you enter and tell your experience.

And for doubts, here we continue.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/13/2011 6:43 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Juanqui !!!
My daughter debuted with 5 years, and is a bomber from 6 ... from. 5 to 6, I asked his endocrine to prescribe the lantus until he put the bomb ... And so it was, under my consent we used a couple of months Lantus ... yes, like the insulin bomb any treatment ... and as he saysAlea, the smaller, the better ... with respect to the device, they get used quickly to carry it, it is like an appendix of their body, it does not bother them at all, and keep in mind that it is 1 prick every 3 or 4 days, thatYes, the control is more exahustive than if it has feathers treatment, but the advantages, Ufff.
Any questions you want to clarify here we are.

greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/13/2011 7:47 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.