Hello, I'm new

Perla's profile photo   05/28/2009 5:39 p.m.

Hello!

It is the first time I write in a forum, I have been reading a little and in the end I have encouraged myself, because I think I need to vent.
My name is Perla and I am 30 years old, and I debuted two weeks ago with type 1 diabetes.
I'm going to tell you a little about how I found out;He had symptoms how weight loss, drank water and urinated in abundance, ate a lot and with anxiety, leg cramps and a lot of fatigue.I was looking at this online and I saw that it was diabetes, but I never thought it was so, until one day I went to visit my grandfather (who has type 2 diabetes and my type1 grandmother1) and I did the sugar test, andDí 435. And in the emergency they already gave me the news .... but I did not react, I did not believe it, until I am seeing that the days pass and pass and yes, I have diabetes!
I've been putting the insulin for only one week, the quick for meals and lantus.Two days ago, my first appointment with the dietitian, who was explaining the diet for rations, a roll the truth, and sometimes, many doubts arise and I overwhelm.Much information suddenly, and while thinking about why this has to happen to me, with how good I was.
My glycemia index is 14%.And I hope it goes down quickly.
I don't know why, but I feel fear and I think I have anxiety, the truth is affecting me too much, I don't want this to change me.I have always been an active, dynamic, extroverted girl ... but now I feel sad, and I only think of diabetes, and if it gives me a hypoglycemia, they have given me two descents, and I am very afraid, it will be aSOUNRY, but this can, I prefer to have the high sugar than low.
I hope this is only passenger, and that, a little later I see it in another way, because right now I am low in encouragement.
Right now I don't fall in any doubt, but when I have it I hope you please help me.
Thank you so much.
All the best.

Perla's profile photo
Perla
05/28/2009 5:39 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, pearl.

What is happening to you is normal at the beginning.Everything is new, scares, is unpleasant.It gives the feeling that the good road is over and that an infernal road begins.

But you'll see how everything changes little by little.It costs to adapt, because there are many changes and many limitations.And everything that was previously normal, suddenly is prohibited, or is detrimental.However, believe me, before you realize, and if you face the subject with realism, you will find that you dominate diabetes, and not she.
When you learn how your body works and how it responds to treatment, in short, to know yourself, you can make a normal life and almost without limitations.It is like mine, that when they put glasses it costs him to get used to it, but, as soon as he does, the glasses are his allies.

Do not be afraid to share your fears, your doubts, your concerns, that we have all gone here for the same thing and we can help you.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
05/28/2009 6:08 p.m.

Welcome Perla.

What accounts to all sounds very familiar to us, it is very normal for you to feel like this at the beginning but as you have seen in the forum we all lead a normal and active life.Do not hesitate to ask what you want and tell us how you feel, I assure you that here we will understand you perfectly.

A kiss

DiabetesForo
05/29/2009 4:35 a.m.

Hello pearl ... welcome!How they have told you, we perfectly understand how you feel, and therefore we also have the ability to tell you that soon, that you have learned more about insulin, your body, how all the factors that make me make it make me that they make me make all the factors that make itincrease or decrease the level of glucose in your blood, etc., you will see everything with much more optimism and it will be you who encourages other people to debut ... it is not easy to assume it, but you have to know that fortunately with diabetes you canMake a very normal life ... you will have to strive to learn a lot about it .... come, a lot of encouragement and here we are for what you need.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
05/29/2009 7:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello pearl !!
Welcome to the forum, as you have told you everything is new, and requires adaptation time.

With the heat, do not worry you can sunbathe quietly and precautions the same as anyone.What happens to me, is that as soon as the heat comes I need some you.Less of insulin, but else everything remains the same as in the rest of the year.

Regarding the UDS you need for breakfast, because if for 4 rations you put 4 units and has risen from 104 to 193, maybe you could try 5 units, or wait a couple of days to see how the 4 units work, the 4 units,If it happened to you alone today you can wait 2-3 days before making changes, did you get well?
I take 3 portions at breakfast and I put 4 units, I mean that each one needs a dose even for the same portions.

For the hypos, if you carry fast action hydrates you will not have poor to overcome them, they are inevitable, although they still do not like anything after 14 years with diabetes.

I hope you continue with us.Surely you can see everything less bad.
greetings !!!

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/29/2009 1:37 p.m.

Hello pearl,

Look I advise you to try very calmly, do not worry too much if at first do not calculate well and you have it high, all that gives it time, I have been diabetic and I still make mistakes because they not only tell theRactions of hydrates, tell the activity of that day, as those foods are cooked, etc ... alfinal you end up doing it by eye, for example at first I made me very nervous because I had to weigh everything, I had to take out the calculator,Then I had it high and I felt bad and the truth that all that is not going anywhere because for all this to go well, you have to make failures.

I also do not have the hemo at all well but I do what I can according to my circumstances that day, there are days that you can fully dedicate yourself to the controls and others that you do what you can and that's it.

My advice is that you do not stick with the issue of hydrates counting, which for me is the worst, if you do it wrong today, tomorrow you will do better.
And the hemo that you have of 14 is not so difficult to lower it, do not worry, I tell you that it does anything 13!

Kisses and courage!

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
05/29/2009 4:04 p.m.

Thank you so much!!!

In relation to hypoglycemia, you take something if you have it for example in 70 or 72 ??Or do you expect in case something else goes down?It is that with that amount I already find Rarilla, or it will be because I am not used to having it so low and I am afraid that I get more.

When they give me the descents, I take cocacola or some fruit juice, and then some hydrate.But I don't know the correct amount I must take.

Thanks and greetings !!

Perla's profile photo
Perla
05/29/2009 4:45 p.m.

70 or 72 It is a glycemia justifies, but it depends a lot on when you have it.If it is fair shortly before a meal, nothing happens and you can eat directly.If it is after meals, you must take something, a juice or a pair of cookies.And if it is when you go to bed, you better take enough to secure a night without hypos.
Little by little you will see it.

Health

DiabetesForo
05/29/2009 4:47 p.m.

But if it's just before food, don't you have the quick one?Or yes, but less units?or what corresponds to me depending on the rations?

There are many things that I still do not know, and I have doubts, the same in the next appointment the dietitian has to explain more things.

Thank you very much and greetings !!

Perla's profile photo
Perla
05/29/2009 8:32 p.m.

Hello again pearl,

For example, with 70 I already meet down, that is depending on the body and what you usually have to have, that is, if you usually be 300 perhaps with 150 you already start to notice rare.

If you have just dropped before eating, or you know that you are going in 10-15 minutes, don't eat anything before if you can endure it.For example, I work 5 minutes from my house by car (I'm a vague and I go by car, I know it ... have you) then when you give me those descents so strong that they usually give me the meals I need to eat something there knowing what I'm goingto eat in 15 min.Because I can't even drive ...

Regarding the units, if you have it very low, stop clicking one or two, it depends on how that descent is, I notice and even if it is a descent little by little or if it is one of those that go down to everything, everything is to gotesting ...

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
05/29/2009 9:01 p.m.

Pearl, if the descent is shortly before eating, what I do not put the insulin at the beginning of the food, I am eating and I wait in the middle or final of the food to wear it if I notice that the symptoms have already happened to me.But you, I would get the same if we talk about a 70 pre.

Once if I look bad, I have taken a bit of Zumito before starting to eat, 100 ml (half zumito of the little ones) to overcome before.

And if the descent is after a meal, I take something fixed, juice, some chocolate pill and then something like cookies, to keep it.

anuski's profile photo
anuski
05/30/2009 5:46 a.m.

Hello!

Again, thank those who, little by little, help me solve my doubts.

I have a related to the hypo, I am so afraid of the descents, that I can not sleep peacefully at night thinking that it will go down and it will give me something.Before bed I take some milk.

My question is, how much is the minimum I should have before bed?At least to be calm.

And what should I eat before bed and how much?

I read that you must control sugar at night, about 2 or 3 in the morning, is that true?

Thanks and greetings !!!

Perla's profile photo
Perla
05/31/2009 8:04 p.m.

Hello pearl,

You should not bed with less than 100, but do not be afraid for the descents at night since the body is very ready and before you give you a good downturn you will not be able to reconcile the dream, you will be uneasy and will force you to get up (thatThis is what happens to me and people with whom I speak, I suppose there will be many more symptoms that friends tell us the forum).That if it depends on what you take to realize that it is a descent and that it is not that you cannot sleep because you will get worse or better, but you simply have to take something and return to bed and continue sleeping,Don't be afraid for that.

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
06/01/2009 5:09 a.m.

Well, I feel to disagree, but nocturnal hypoglycemia are not always recognized and, in the case of my daughter, they have been the most dangerous, because they gave him early and woke up.

I idela is to take that control at dawn until knowing how glycemia work at that time, and if you are stable or not.Once the stability is achieved, it is good to go a high tad to the bed.My daughter's educator recommends between 140 and 160 when bedtime.

If you are very fair when bedtime, it is good to drink semi-abused hydrates, such as milk, and set with a cookie.

Greetings.

DiabetesForo
06/01/2009 11:39 a.m.

Good night!!

When starting with insulin, is it normal for a lot of hypos?

I have been, and have given me some, but I have been two or three days that I do not stop even today, during the day I have been given three descents, is that normal?

I have no appointment with the endocrine until the end of July, should I call it to consult?The same would have to lower the units of the Lantus ....?

I think I'm getting insulin well depending on the portions that I am going to eat, even when I go out, the next two hours, my sugar controls are going well, I don't know why suddenly so many descents.I am a little scared.

Thank you very much and greetings.

Perla's profile photo
Perla
06/14/2009 8:14 p.m.

Hello pearl.

Like you, I am a rookie in this, diagnosed on May 25.

I suppose that in your case, as in mine, the body still produces insulin, so the controls are not going to be as good as those of the people who have been a while.My glycemia two hours after meals are usually between 170 and 200, and yet I reach the next food between 80 and 100, and I have already had a couple of declines to 70, 60 an hour before meals.

I have chosen to lower the lantus a couple of units, to see how I get to meals.

This Wednesday I have an appointment with the educator, among other things I will comment on this topic, and I will tell you what they have told me.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/15/2009 3:12 a.m.

Hello pearl:
You have just been diagnosed and you have no appointment with the endo until the end of July ????????????It is amazing .....:-/
You have so many hypos because you are on a honeymoon, I would go down a couple of units and wait two or three days to see the result.

DiabetesForo
06/15/2009 4:37 a.m.

Hello pearl, if you have as many descents it is certain that you have an insulin left ... Try how Prado tells you to download the basal (lantus) and wait to see what happens and then check if your figures before and after the food they are more or lessHigh to see if you have to move something too in fast insulin ..
Nacho, in addition to lowering Lantus, as you say, you may have to increase the rapComment to Perla, wait about 2-3 days to see the effect and when you have adjusted this, adjust the fast.
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
06/15/2009 6:26 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Try to advance the appointment with the endo, but you can try to speak with the educator nurse

DiabetesForo
06/15/2009 6:45 a.m.

I don't quote with Endo until the end of July.With the educator I have tomorrow.

At the moment I have lowered the lantus in 2UI, to see how it evolves in the next 3-4 days.When you are in place, I will start adjusting breakfast, then food, and finally dinner.

A DUE: You eat something between meals?I breakfast at seven in the morning, and not about two, and of course, at about 12 o'clock I usually be low.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/16/2009 3:02 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.