A question

Perla's profile photo   06/04/2009 7:46 a.m.

Hello everyone!!

I have a question, I am with Humalog and the Lantus solostar, the Lantus always put it at night at 22.30, but last night I had an hour, something happens?
It was that before dinner I was 116 and I put on the rapdia adjusted to the rations I took, but two hours later it uploaded me to 222, and I do not understand why that climb.
Would it be because I was an hour without the effect of the Lantus?

Thanks and greetings.

Perla's profile photo
Perla
06/04/2009 7:46 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello pearl,

The true is that for me it is not very serious to put the Lantus a little later because as you saw that you had 116 therefore you were well of levels.

If then you had 222 it can be poke, you would calculate the rations, or because you need more Lantus units ... anyway we should know that you had this morning.
Something similar happened to me this morning, I had 76 before breakfast, at two hours later 207 and at the time later when I was going to eat 109, I immediately lowered me alone.

All the best.

Vero_86's profile photo
Vero_86
06/04/2009 11:31 a.m.

The time of putting the lantus is approximate.Its effect is 24 hours, more or less, but does not influence a delay or advance of an hour or two.In fact, dose changes in Lantus do not usually have an impact on glycemia until two or three days.
To understand a little more which insulin is the one that influences each blood glucose, the most orientation is that the "pre" glycemia, that is, those that are made on an empty stomach or before meals, are those that are clearly affected by theBasal insulin (Lantus in your case), while the "post", that is, from half an hour to two-three hours after meals, are those affected by rapid insulins.
If before dinner you had 116 (and you usually walk through those figures) means that the Lantus is perfectly adjusted.If after dinner you had 222, one of two, or you lacked fast insulin, or there were plenty of hydrates.

I hope I have clarified a little.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/04/2009 11:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.