Lantus versus weight.

Ana Poppe's profile photo   06/25/2009 6:38 a.m.

Does Lantus insulin influence a person?

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
06/25/2009 6:38 a.m.

Anapp

Yeah
Yeah

: D

Let's see, the weight is the opposite of the bank account, if you enter more than you spend ... it is bad: mrgreen: weight gain is not due to insulin but to excess calories.

I define insulin as "anabolic hormone", I do not know if the term is scientifically correct, but the function of insulin is to introduce glucose into the interior of the cells, that is, it helps to take advantage of everything we eat (remember thatOne of the diabetes symptoms is to lose weight a lot).

It has been shown that people with Lantus have a somewhat more accused trend of weightfor the intake of greater number of calories than the necessary ones.

I used this excuse of the lantus and the weight, to justify myself with my endo: Twisted: but did not swallow: Oops:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/25/2009 8:25 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good, if I recover any kilo of more, I already have an excuse: D

My experience is short, but I tell you in January at 109 kilos, I begin to lose weight ...... The day they diagnosed me in May, I was in 93.

In the five days I was admitted I recovered until 96-97.A month later, I'm still in that weight.Use Lantus 22ui and going down ...

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
06/25/2009 11:51 a.m.

Understood: d
Does it have something to do with all this "weight gain and lantus" with pregnancy? Is it that in pregnancy the mother and the baby are more likely to gain weight if you use this type of insulin?Or I am mixing very different things :?
Thank you!!

Ana Poppe
06/26/2009 5:26 a.m.

Anapp

Understood: D
Does it have something to do with all this "weight gain and lantus" with pregnancy? Is it that in pregnancy the mother and the baby are more likely to gain weight if you use this type of insulin?Or I am mixing very different things :?
Thank you !!

Unless you are surprised, you are not pregnant: D ... at least for the moment.;)

The weight gain with Lantus is small ... it does not use an excuse:-/

You mixture things ... one thing is insulin, another pregnancy and another the baby

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
06/27/2009 1:57 p.m.

Okay, I understand :)
Thanks Owash!

Ana Poppe
06/28/2009 1:54 p.m.

Anapp

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.