because?

Altranoia's profile photo   10/16/2011 8:03 a.m.

I am going around and is taking me out of quice.
This morning, I have gone with the nephews to look for chestnuts and I have been walking for a long time, but when I got in the car, I looked at the sugar and was 410, how can it be ?????In the morning I was 200 and I have punctured 11 Humalog units.
How can it be, after walking so much, ... ... is still high?
I always pass the same

Altranoia's profile photo
Altranoia
10/16/2011 8:03 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello to answer your question, it would be a foolish, because I am not able to adjust the dose with my son.
Therefore more than asking here in the forum ask your endocrine.
What little I know I tell you but I do not pay attention to me is only my opinion and as I say I do not give the dose adjustment for my boy, as I will advise you.
Look the Lispro insulin (Humalog) is only used at meals to put the glucogen in the cells.The one used to live is the basal insulin (Lantus), so if you walk when making an effort your body asks you glucose and since you do not have enough basal so the sugar goes up, because you are burning fat for that effort, consequenceBurning fat and non -sugars is (ketosis), therefore there are strips that apart from measuring blood glucose also measures the ketone.You should measure cetona in blood, because there is a risk of entering ketoacedosis at those levels of 400mg/dl.
Therefore I believe the problem is in the basal, it can be the schedule that you put on or the dose.
And nothing greeting and I hope it helps you.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/16/2011 9:23 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In the morning there is usually greater resistance to insulin, if you get up with 200 you may need much more fast insulin, and it is also possible that the effect of this is delayed a bit, therefore if you have had breakfast, do not miss you that 400.
I think I have already answered you in another post ... the first thing is to adjust the basal insulin, you must get up with figures close to 100, and have figures before meals, of the same order ... if right now it is not so, you may miss Lantus.You should increase one or 2 units, wait 3-4 days to see how it is working and increase again if necessary ... once the basal is adjusted, you will have to do the same with the quick ... Eye, everythingWhat I have told you is the general theory, but as each one we are a world, the best thing you can do is consult with your endocrine or educator.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/17/2011 5:51 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.