1st post, introduce me ...

mojitoo's profile photo   10/17/2011 3:43 p.m.

Good to all, I present myself as I usually do in other forums of ención very different from this :-)

He debuts as a diabetic at age 18 (which meant a change of radical roles to my life), I used to eat candies, chuches etc etc at levels that I have come to believe that I am diabetic because the pancreas in the first 19 years, workWhat Bedia work a lifetime ... now I am 35 years old

I currently sulked me 3 times,

Novorapid: (14 - 14 - 0)
Novomix 30: (0 - 0 - 50)

It was 1 year ago when in my last hemoglobin I gave a score that I never expected to arrive and that the doctor basically helps me: 7'4

Weight: 106 kg and measure: 1'95 cm

So I have to regime although I think it is impossible mission.

Buano you almost know more than my wife:-P

All the best

mojitoo's profile photo
mojitoo
10/17/2011 3:43 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, I just tell you that the candy or the chuches do not be able to blame, because even the doctors know why one is diabetic, they say that environmental, genetic factors or a virus such as flu, infection of ear, etc, which triggers that it triggersOur immunological system attaches our Beta cells of the pancreas and dethllates them.
There is an athlete who plays in the NBA who I do not remember his name but is addicted to the sweets.
And all the athletes in the world use glucose bars and the famous Glucosport, which we use for the descents
and that is that but rapid absorption hydrates just like candy and jelly beans.
In my case the one who has diabetes is my 5 -year -old son but I live it as if I were day by day.
I did not know what to blame him, but it is not of the sweets.In my case we believe they were a virus because it was with plates before debuting.It debuts well that well with ketoacedosis and almost eat but hey, the fault does not know why T4 to Tacacan and destroy their own cells.
The candies are simple fast absorption hydrates, as is a juice and a cup of coffee with sugar they are not bad skept for caries and if you do not tell them as hydrates in your diet to gain weight.
All the best

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/17/2011 4:20 p.m.

WELCOME MOJITOO,
Surely with your experience as a diabetic you contribute many things, and do not blame the chuches, I have a friend who is addicted to the sweets and chocolate and sugar is fine
Greetingsssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/17/2011 4:32 p.m.

How strange you use a mixed insulin as basal.These insulins have pronounced peaks and usually produce hypoglycemia... Have you not proposed a flat basal, such as Lantus or Levemir?They are insulins that normalize life much more,
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
10/17/2011 4:51 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Totally agree with Regina.

Welcome, Mojito.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/17/2011 6:31 p.m.

Welcome to the forum, Mojito.

A 7.4 hemo is not so catastrophic, to begin with ... Secondly, as Regina and Alea points out, pre -founded treatment is slavery, apart from the hypoglycemia you can suffer ... at this point, it is shown that theBasal+Bolus treatment is the most appropriate to treat type 1 diabetes. I would comment with the endocrine, because surely the change will make life happy ... and thirdly, although it is commented that it is commented that theLantus fattens and others, I don't know if it happens to you, but when Angela used the Mixtard, I necessarily had to take hydrates at the 2 hours of eating and had to snack, apart from the extra contributions she made to fight the hypos, ifIt happens to you too, it is likely that when changing treatment you do not have to make so many intakes which perhaps entails weight loss.

Cheer up!!!

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/18/2011 4:58 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Let's see first of all thank you for answering so fast and so many people ... (good sign)

The chuches is because only that, something had to blame, even if I know about science, that is not the culprit.

I do not understand very well what you tell me of the insulins ... I do not understand it, if you can clarify it, you commented that they could cause many hyperglycemia, I would suffer a pair a month, but an excess of excess ofExercise, but not something that is daily or day if not.

But if you can clarify the basal insulins or what you say I will be grateful.

Greetings very strong

mojitoo's profile photo
mojitoo
10/18/2011 10:53 a.m.

Basal insulin is one that is used to meet basal needs, that is, those that are throughout the day without taking into account meals.Normally it is Lantus or Levemir, except in which they use a bomb, which then use ultra -grape as basal.These insulins, if they are well adjusted, must maintain fasting glycemia values ​​within normality.

Basal do not cover the intakes, so, in basal+ultra -grape therapy, ultra -grape is used every time there are intakes, to process the hydrates that are ingested.

The advantages of Lantus or Levemir (and much more those of the pump) are those of maintaining good values ​​at the same time that allow freedom of schedules.You can eat at different times, get up at different times, etc., while, being its most "flat" effect, hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia decrease.

I hope I have made me understand.If not, do not hesitate to keep asking.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/18/2011 11:17 a.m.

Ok perfect, but what makes me understand is that such insulin just injected once every 24h would be solved?Or do you have a lady of x hours?

months ago the doctor suggested to change insulin, what I miss was that instead of clicking 3 times a day before each meal ... I should prick 4 !!!!To which I negle in roundness, if that had been to improve at absolute levels NMI Hemo, there would be no problem but no, the doctor did not assure me and that I should do many tests, the mere fact of clicking me once again a day was me wasA very high mountain that would cost a lot to overcome.So I stay as I am and ready.

mojitoo's profile photo
mojitoo
10/18/2011 12:43 p.m.

The Lantus is picha once a day.Levemir, twice a day.And with them you must combine ultra -grape every time you eat.The times you eat already depend on you.But control is much better and freedom is worth it.

DiabetesForo
10/18/2011 1:23 p.m.

And as an alternative to so much puncture, if it costs you so much, you have the insulin pump ... in that case it would be a puncture (insertion of a catheter) every 3-4 days.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/24/2011 5:15 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I just say the insulin bomb that I believe, that they do not send it to everyone, only to those who have bad control, or many hypoglycemia.
I think it is worth 6000euros and the maintenance of the 300s a month.That's why I'm not sure if you ask for it.
All the best

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/24/2011 4 p.m.

I think there has been some confusion if you have read some threads of the forum, the bombs are not so expensive or even if you were to buy it directly to the manufacturer (which is not the most common case, the most common case is to access it throughfrom the hospital) and I would also be surprised that the spending on consumables (catheters, cannulas, ... etc) was so high.

In the most common case, the bomb belongs to the hospital and it is the hospital that makes a loan to the patient (the patient does not put any money) and as for the material the patient is not paid except the insulin, in any case having ahigher cost than injections treatment The issue of the pump is not so expensive, it is not close to those amounts you have commented.

The confusion of threads I say because there are threads in which there is talk of continuous glucose meters (prices of meters and their consumables) and that is something that is not subsidized today and if someone wants to access them it is on their own, with your money and there again I think the device is not so expensive (it is not worth 6000 euros) although the consumables can be in that money you have commented (300 euros/month) but it depends on what the sensors last.

DiabetesForo
10/24/2011 5:11 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.