Experiences with insulin pump

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/19/2011 3:47 p.m.

Hello everyone, I am new in the forum.I have decided to enter because after 20 years as a diabetics, I am beginning to consider implanting the bomb.
I tell you a little my case, I have always had a very irregular diabetes (I don't know if it also happens to you) doing the same and eating the same and at the same time, my glycemia vary greatly, one day I can get up at 60 and anotherAt 200, and that is now that "half" I have controlled.My diabetes aggravates because when they give me great hypoglycemia they are accompanied by epileptic attacks.
I currently have hemoglobin to 7, it has lowered me a lot, but as my endocrine says, he does not want me to get off for continuous hypoglycemia.A year ago they told me about putting the insulin bomb but I have always refused, more than anything for an aesthetic issue and some fear.After the last serious hypoglycemia I am starting to think about the pump and I would like to ask you your experience with it, how it works, tricks, etc., I don't know, a little of everything because I still confused.
I hope you can help me and thanks in advance.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/19/2011 3:47 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

In my case it is my daughter who carries her, and the experience is simply great.

She is 17 years old and the aesthetic issue at those ages is essential.However, the bomb does not bother her and there are always resources to carry it discreetly.

If you have proposed it, my advice is that you accept it, because, if you do, you will not want to return to the other treatment (although you can)

Health

DiabetesForo
10/19/2011 4:03 p.m.

Hi Candy12: I have been bomb for three and a half months, and I can tell you that I have changed my life.It reminds me of the life I did before being diabetic.Night hypoglycemia I have not had any, and I exercise 2-3 day per week.And hemoglobin has dropped to me from 8.1 to 7.4 and keeps going down.
Let it be seen or not, I don't care much either (and I am 27 years old), I carry it at the waist of the pants and people do not find out.

You save many punctures, because it is one every 3 days, super comfortable because also when you are in restaurants, etc. you do not have to go to the bathroom to click, you take it as if it were a mobile and you were crawling with it.
You take it off to shower and little else, we go for what you need, you can be disconnected up to an hour.I have done to Rafting, yes, I took it away because it lasted 3 hours and that time I replaced it with Humalog (insulinargular).

And another super important thing, at 2 hours after eating you can be in 130 and you will not lower you more even if you are without eating hours.Therefore, the glycosylated hemoglobin nives will be much better, I go to bed after dinner with 120-130 without taking right and having played sports in the afternoon, and I get up with 100.

Well, I don't try to convince you, but the bomb has convinced me.Now I am seeing if putting the continuous meter.Chao!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/21/2011 1:27 p.m.

Many thanks to both for answering me.Little by little I am convincing that it is the best thing to control my diabetes, I am also starting to consider having children but before I want to have supercontrolled diabetes.The truth is that I have to inform myself yet, for example, I did not know that you could be a few hours with the pump disconnected.
One more thing, what kind of bomb is yours Cristina.
Once again, thank you very much.

DiabetesForo
10/22/2011 7:10 p.m.

My bomb is paradigm I see from Medtronic.I think it is the only one that receives data from a continuous glucose meter.I am super happy, I already tell you in just 3 months I have lowered the hemogl.Glycosilada, when another 3 sure has been further down and all this making less efforts than with the feathers, than for me that I had just finished with the honeymoon it was very difficult to have it perfect!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
10/23/2011 2:38 p.m.

Hi Candy12 ... here the mother of another bomber ... my daughter has been with insulin bomb for 7 years, and for us it is unthinkable another treatment ... so I give you more encouragement because I am sure that once you try it does notYou will want to get rid of it.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/24/2011 5:43 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I told the endocrine on the last day of visit, I've been very sweet for 33 years .... The endocrine told me that we had to try more resources before putting the bomb, it didn't give any importance, my glycemia are very unstable andI get many controls a day to see where I make mistake, but it is very difficult.

romevila's profile photo
romevila
11/08/2011 6:58 a.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Romevila, and what do you have to wait another 33 years?And what resources?Has any new insulin left after Lantus or Levemir?:?... Of course what they have to invent to put excuses ... with your evolution, once you do not find the appropriate pattern with the basal, it would be a good option, do not decay and keep trying ... nevertheless, you can find aGood control with Lantus costs your time, be patient and see if you get it.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/08/2011 10:07 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Sometimes, the best test is to change endocrine;)

DiabetesForo
11/08/2011 12:11 p.m.

A year and a half with the bomb and I can only say one thing: I could no longer live without it.
Comfort, flexibility, adaptation, freedom ... whatever you want, whenever you want.I have lowered the hemo 0.8 from 7.5 to 6.7 and I hope to continue going down.
For me, it is the best treatment followed so far.

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
11/11/2011 5:40 p.m.

I go to the endocrine on Monday, the last time I went to the consultation was when we started talking about the bombs.I told him that I was especially interested in a bomb that I had measured because my greatest fear is the descents, my last hemo was 7 but for me to get off it was based on the fact that they gave me enough descents and that is not interested either.Total, the endocrine told me that there was no bomb with a meter included and for what I have been able to see the "Paradigm I see of Medtronic" is a bomb with a meter.Do you know some?, And if you have evidence that it works well, why do you think the doctor did not mention it?

DiabetesForo
11/17/2011 11:48 a.m.

With meter do you mean glucometer?
Mine go the two elements that communicate via Bluetooth (or how it is written! :))).It is very comfortable because you can make corrections without taking out the bomb (which is going great when you go with a dress or skirt and no pockets and you carry it in slightly private places: Oops: ....
In my case it is the action Spirit Combo.

All the best,

olguilla's profile photo
olguilla
11/25/2011 11:48 p.m.

Hi Candy !!!I was doubting like you, since after giving the possible combinations of insulin, different punctures (now I am with 6 punctures), having passed through Humalog, exubera, novorapid, actrapid, apidra, lantus, etc etc etc, continue without getting good levels.As I had the concept of "putting an insulin bomb is being hooked on an apparatus" (ignorant of me), I got into forums and videos on YouTube (there is a lot).So I could realize how ignorant I had been every time my endocrine "I bomb? Noooo" said.The truth that I have not found anyone who says that he returns to the daily punctures.The most curious thing is that I read an article in which in a study they put bombs to several diabetics as a test and others do not.Those who tested the bomb did not want to take it away ... with telling you that I tell you everything.I am one of those who thinks that the novelties we face when treating the disease are good (a simple change of glucometer, insulin change, changes in habits ...) so don't think about it and go ahead !!!I have already begun to educate myself;)

inmaats's profile photo
inmaats
12/01/2011 3:41 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.