My 2 -year -old baby presents symptoms: I'm worried

mami's profile photo   07/16/2009 4:50 a.m.

Hello, I want to consider my concern and I am looking for information: I am Type I diabetic for approx.6 years.2 I had my son, premature 33 weeks, now I feel fatal because the last thing I want is to see my son with the same problem that I have.:(

I need to know if you have found yourself in a similar case and find some hope that your hyperglycemia are for other "solveing" causes, or on the contrary going to the idea.A few weeks ago he took another of his colds, they usually affect the chest, producing a lotIntuitively measured him one day that I collected from school and had 130, towards approx.2-3 hours I had eaten.On the morning next to 1st morning 84, good! And the next on an empty stomach 89, well!I let it pass but last night after dinner, approx.I had spent 1 hour in bed to sleep, again the usual songwriter "Mom Agua, Mama Agua" drank 2 and a half glasses approx., He slept and measured him, the value left me Kao: 226.

I need information and especially some hope, does anyone know a case of diabetes in babies?I have read that it is weird and does not usually appear until at least 5 years, but given my background.:(

Well thanks for reading me.

All the best.
Mom

mami's profile photo
mami
07/16/2009 4:50 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, mommy.
In your place, what I would do is go to the doctor and let him take you out of doubt.Let them do the necessary tests and so you are calm.

A kiss to the little one.
Greetings

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
07/16/2009 9:21 a.m.

Hello mommy

Type 1 diabetes is autoinumne, the causes for which the body reacts badly and destroys insulin producing cells is not known.

I know a couple of cases of babies with diabetes, especially a very striking case that already put 300 glycemia in the first breastpay

What Alea told you, you see the doctor and get out of doubt ...

The chances of having a child with diabetes are the same, both for a mother with diabetes and with another without diabetes, always speaking of type 1 diabetes.

DiabetesForo
07/16/2009 10:24 a.m.

A visit to the doctor, which is what professionals are for, and salts of doubts.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
07/16/2009 10:54 a.m.

Thanks for answering.
I know that it is obvious and logical is to take the doctor.As I am type 1 diabetry I also know what I can feed and how the meals and others are managed ... the only thing that happens is that I "look" that scratch of hope, prior to an analysis that in the end they goTo give the answer ...., a person who tells me "good woman can be a case of" .... ", to" Fulanito "happened this" ... "and then was nothing", I don't know if you understand me:?
Uff!It is that nothing more than to think that now I have to go through analytics, hospitals etc etc. it makes me sick, as the child is not Cabezón!And it has tremendous force :)!Besides, I don't have much help at home, my family lives far, I don't know is like the world falls on thinking about another load ...
Well, thank you all.

mami's profile photo
mami
07/17/2009 4:33 a.m.

Hi Mommy:

In your case I would have already taken the doctor, the anguish is worse for uncertainty, you may be worrying without reason and if in the end the diagnosis is that it has diabetes I think it is better to face it quickly before I can reach a ketoacidosis.
A kiss

DiabetesForo
07/17/2009 5:13 a.m.

We are with it, thanks Elena.
The child presents high levels of sugar after meals but it seems that it ends up assimilating glucose because its fasting or past levels a few hours are good.Yesterday night after dinner was 105 and it was a relief the truth ... I will tell you how everything is going and that they diagnose.
Thank you.
a kiss.

mami's profile photo
mami
07/17/2009 5:43 a.m.

Hi Mommy!
As you have told you, the best is the visit to the doctor.I understand how you feel and the anguish you have to be going through.My daughter debuted with 22 months and without a family history in diabetes.It is not for distressing you more, but diabetes can be presented at any age, as Owash has told you, and it is better to know as soon as possible.Take it to the doctor and salt of doubts and if it is diabetes, nobody better than you know how that is going and if it is not, you leave doubts.
I encourage and kisses, you will tell us.

DiabetesForo
07/17/2009 5:46 a.m.

Marcita thanks for answering.
How did you identify that I had diabetes?I have read that nothing is noticed and see that I have and I knew what I was intuiting, but if it were not a diabetic I would not have entered me :?

mami's profile photo
mami
07/17/2009 6:06 a.m.

Hello mommy,
I hope everything has been a scare, tell us something when the results tell you.
What you asked that the symptoms are not noticed is not true, my daughter debuted with 8 months and I knew that something did not go well even if it took it 4 times to different doctors and all diagnosed the gastroonth.The problem is that if you do not have any notion about that disease you do not know the symptoms but that is not your problem now because you know perfectly what happens when blood glucose rises, a lot thirst, a lotfatigue......
All the best.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/20/2009 7:38 p.m.

Thanks Beki,
We are in constant surveillance, the fact is that thanks to the control of meals that we are taking the child it is better character, its levels (the analysis we do with my meter) are reasonably good (between 88-134).The child has lost in this month of July of the order of 400-600 gr., But certainly eats less and we are giving him healthier and no ice cream or sweets ... well you know ..., about the pee well thenI have not seen changes, still carries diaper so it becomes difficult to find out.Tired: never or almost never :)), always running from one place to another.The only thing that made me to be the thirst, yes.Then there is the syrup that we were giving expectorant and its chest infection ..... Moccos and more puzzles.Add that the child was born with a hepatic calcification that was disappearing, the doctors did not give importance ....
Well, with the analysis we will come out of doubts, but if someone means something to overcome these moments of uncertainty I thank him.
A kiss.
Mom

mami's profile photo
mami
07/21/2009 3:48 a.m.

I believe that you should be calm, because of the symptoms you have, I do not think you should be alarmed, although it is normal for you to be restless until you see the results.
Nayah when I debuted the diapers, wet them too much, I think they weighed at least half a kilo, I never get them but I don't think it exaggerates.I lost half a kilo in a week and did not stop eating and drinking, I was still breastfeeding, I thought I had one of these stages of growth and needed more milk, but my body did not supply and in the end it was because it was dehydrating.
Anyway I understand you because I have another smaller girl and every time I drink more than normal I am doing controls, but think that now with the heat and if it is also bad with moccos the body will ask for more water.Do not worry that everything will be good.
All the best.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
07/23/2009 7:38 p.m.

Hello mommy,
Have you already taken the doctor?As Beky tells you, it does not seem to present symptoms to alarm.Noe also used diapers and you had to change them constantly because they were overflowing and at night he even wet the cunita ... also ate, did not put weight, it showed tired and had irritations in the diaper area that was not removed with anything... anyway.
Children go through many stages, eat less, drink, lose weight if they are growing ... It can be one of those stages.
I hope you are calmer.

DiabetesForo
07/24/2009 4:44 a.m.

You are already going to the endocrine, or rather first said to emergency.

Diabetes is increasingly presented at older ages, my son debuted with 18 months.

Symptoms urinating a lot and drinking a lot, sleeping a lot, typical, but with a figure of 226 I think that few doubts fit.It is a huge m but the values ​​of children have to be like those of an adult.

I encourage, we have been with the bomb for 6 months and in the end to everything you get used to and throw forward because you don't have another one, do not despair, and ask us what you want.

where are you from?

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
01/11/2016 9:44 a.m.

This post is already several years old ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/11/2016 6:18 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Well, since the post has appeared here is that this is somewhat complex, of a lifetime the analyzes have made them on an empty stomach, neither more nor less.Under that rule of three, everyone can be diabetic.If it is done after dinner and on top of the reliability that glucometers seem to have, which is not a device to diagnose it ...................On an empty stomach or worried, at least we have done it all my life and it seems reliable.In any case, apart from being diabetic or not, there may be people who are moving in a bit high values ​​and not to bring complications, we are not all equal and the values ​​from one person to another can vary quite a lot without meaning thatBe diabetic, but of course for some doctors today the most easy pill, for diabetes a little high within parameters, cholesterol, supposed depression, others do not, since there is a difference of opinions between some doctors and others.

When I was little in some analysis I was taken 122 on an empty stomach, many years ago 118 and in most below 100 and supposedly I have never had diabetes or complications.If each thorough control of the blood will take us a lot of evidence, how many things we will have.

Ramón2's profile photo
Ramón2
01/11/2016 8:23 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.