Do you have the quantity of fast insulin in the body?

Quim's profile photo   10/20/2011 12:51 p.m.

Hello colleagues.
I have a question that is around my head a few days ago and what better to share it with you.

-Does any limit the rapid insulin amount in the body?

I explain why I ask this.
A year and a half ago when the rapid insulin debuts that injected mythorapid average was 2-3-5 (breakfast-food-dinner) but is now 5-6-8.:( slowly I get 18
I know the honeymoon and that according to the sport I do is more or lessWhat a coma: shock :.
I measure 1.80 cm, weight 72kg and I make a 2000k diet (9 Rations of CH per day)

How much is the maximum fast units you wear?Are my current amounts normal? Having to get very fast is harmful?

Thank you very much in advance for capturing your experiences.
Hugs, Quim.

Quim's profile photo
Quim
10/20/2011 12:51 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello quim,

It is neither much nor little if it is adequate to maintain your HBA1C with your diet and the exercise you do.Each one needs a dose that depends on many factors and is neither better nor is it worse to use more or less.
Probably at the beginning your pancreas worked a bit and that is why you needed less insulin, now that you have already squeezed it in depth your external insulin needs will have increased and that is normal.
If you have good control, your weight is adequate and eat what you need do not worry more.

SLDS

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
10/20/2011 1 p.m.

Helloaaaaaaaaaaaa,
Quim, I have asked myself the same question, many times, I put an insulina novorapid (2-3-3) and Lantus (7), I have recently put one more unit because I got up a little higher, I'm still on the moonof honey, but Tampco I know what will be my top or the maximum of insulin that I will have to put on, I know that I will have to put more and more insulin, when I finish the honeymoon because it will be seen
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
10/20/2011 2:11 p.m.

Hello, the first one does not explain if it is type 1 or two, because normally in type two it is usually put between 0.3 and 0.6 units per kilo and day.And in type 1 this between 0.6 and 1.5 for adolescents in full growth process.
Therefore with type 1 diabetes it is not uncommon for you to get up to almost 60 units if that is the diabetes you have.
Then in the rations of carbohydrates you have put 9 a day, that cannot be because as you know each ration equals 10gr of sugar and each gram contains 4kcalorias therefore you are talking about 360 kcalorias day in carbohydrates.
And it cannot be because you know that it is taken to 60% in hydrates that are 1200kcalorias, so if it is true what you write you only feed on proteins and fats.
And as for the duration of fast action analogs such as Insulin Lispro (Novorapid) begins to act between 10 and 15 min.Its Masimo peak is between 30 and 90 minutes and stops acting at two or three hours.
And if insulin is bad, the answer is not because every time with new techniques make it more similar to humanhumanAnd it has no side effects because it does not act as a medicine but as protein more.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
10/21/2011 4:22 p.m.

Quim, you are already answered, but I understand what you say, the subject was also worried a little.If you stay calmer, my 13 -year -old daughter far exceeds you in the amount of insulin that is put on, it is already known that hormones play an important role in this disease ... On the other hand it is normal for you to have more requirement ofInsulin after the honeymoon, and sometimes it is also necessary to increase it or decrease it by other factors, yes, in an adult the latter is less significant.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/24/2011 5:25 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.