Summer and diabetes

azucarilloout's profile photo   08/25/2009 12:08 p.m.

Hello friends, I had not been around here for a long time and it was time to pour new comments that are often answered or endorsed.Thing that makes you feel more supported and protected.Well there I go with my subject.I debuted in December 2008 and of course, as who says I am a rookie in the category.The fact is that this is being my first summer as a diabetic.Making a little history: I click Lantus, 17ud.In the morning, but I have proven that my glucose levels are not entirely fine.I am a bit maniac with the subject, better to make 110 socks than not more than 120 a day.The case in which I just arrived from cows and for more in-ri in the work they have changed the schedule to the summer and if that were not enough, this summer is being hotter than others.Total that my fasting levels, when before they were between 90 and 110, have now risen between 100 and 130 (I know it is not so much).After meals, well I walk, sometimes with peaks (for excesses) and sometimes for sedentary lifestyle.

Does anyone want to contribute their experience or wisdom regarding the subject?

Thanks, greetings

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
08/25/2009 12:08 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

..... and what is the problem ?????;) It seems to me that you are great, it is fine that you want to refine, we all wantmore stable without too many ups and downs, in diabetes 2 plus 2 are not always 4: mrgreen:diabetes.... ;)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
08/25/2009 3:14 p.m.

Holasss
If I knew the answer, I would have a Nobel Prize resting on the showcase in my living room: Mrgreen:

Odds:
- The Lantus does not cover you already 24 hours and that is why your fasting levels are somewhat higher.
- You have changed the Lantus injection zone slightly accelerating its action.
- Do you exercise less for being summer, for being curing, or because you do not want;)
- You have included in the dinner more slow carbohydrates ... Easy example in summer, ice cream.
- Summer, blood glucose is modified ... Some need more insulin units and others have to lower them so as not to have hypos

-And my favorite, file x

I assume that you change the needle every time you click, you discard the ball when it has been open 1 month, broken the injection areas ... and I of course you were not on a honeymoon (you were type 2 right?)

DiabetesForo
08/25/2009 3:21 p.m.

Where do you have to sign for those figures?I sign up.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/25/2009 5:55 p.m.

Hello!I debuted eight months ago and there are still things that I don't know.My question in this case is whether I would ever want to take a sweet as half a chocolate palm or a refrigerator for non -diabetics, is there any guideline to know how much fast insulin should I put me?Or is it better not to eat it?
Thank you very much in advance!

Pepita's profile photo
Pepita
08/24/2010 3:29 p.m.

Pepita, I spend a link that surely clarifies things:

In any case, it is preferable not to trust the "diabetic" products, which are usually excessive in fat and nothing harmless.It is better to take a normal sweet, calculating hydrates and acting accordingly with insulin.

Health

DiabetesForo
08/24/2010 4:32 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.