I would love to put the bomb and I have a thousand doubts.

notmy's profile photo   10/30/2011 9:52 a.m.

Hello, I am 16 years old and although very treatment is very good (always between 6-6.5) I would like it for comfort and save myself for punctures and hypoglycemia put the bomb.I live in a town in Córdoba and use the insulins novorapid and Levemir and it is doing pretty good, but at this stage of my life it is very heavy to have to explain continuously that my disease consists, or even cause horror in general at the time of the time of theprick (having to go to the bathroom, hiding, etc.) All this kind of thing down my morals for the soils.I am very athlete and I would like to know, for example, if before doing sports or shower I should take it away, et

I have no idea about the bomb, theme of bowling and how it works, how it is programmed and where I have to ask for it, and what are the requirements to be able to take it and if my life will really improve.

Any small hand or lighting is welcome.

Thank you very much and greetings.

notmy's profile photo
notmy
10/30/2011 9:52 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Notmy.

I have a 17 -year -old daughter who has been a bomb for two and a half years, and does not change her for anything.

The least thing is that they see you or give explanations, that you do not have to do if you do not.The important thing is that with a bomb you get better control and greater freedom, apart from saving your punctures.

See the sections on the subject and ask what you want.

To put it on, your endocrine has to be prescribed, and not everyone is for the work.If you tell us where you are and who your endo is, we can guide you a little better.

Health

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2011 11:58 a.m.

Hi Notmy, because another little push I give you ...
My daughter is 13 years old and has been a bomb for 7 ... without a doubt it is the best we could do when we get so determined to make the speech ... without a doubt your life will change ... it would be good to be able to meet with a firefighter to teach youHow is it going, and if not as Alea says, in this same forum and on the Internet in general there is many information ... the operation is the closest thing to a normal pancreas, controlled by oneself ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/02/2011 5:22 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well here another "bomber" that does not take it from a joke :)) :))

If you have the opportunity to put it, do not hesitate, it is much easier than it seems and will change your life for good.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/02/2011 5:37 a.m.

Hi Notmy ... The next Tuesday will end with all the steps to follow for the placement of an insulin pump, if you enter the point "one thousand and one" more or less you will capture the idea of ​​the process ... from my pointIn view and what is perceived in this experience I can tell you that everything is praise and it is normal, it is the last technology for the control and treatment of our disease, I do not think this needs more comments ... but with the current health systemThat we have in Spain and the economic situation is not all "suitable" to place a bomb.Depending on the community to which you belong you can find difficulties.First it will evaluate a specialized endocrine that could be the same one that controls you at the moment (it depends) but already in the entrance with the hemo that you comment you are not exactly a person with a high risk index for it, although those hypos that you say to have areA strong point to emphasize and squeeze on that side.With the visit to the endocrine you will evaluate your patient profile and will contact you with the dietitian who reviews with you the entire issue of ration control in the meals and guidelines that you follow for the application of insulin to Boli.
Once a time has passed with this control will make you an analytical to assess whether with the correct application of these steps, your status is still continuous and ultimately if your profiles are unstable ... a new visit to the endocrine with theResults of the analytics and the results of the dietitist will tell you whether or not they see it to place it ..... In short it is to filter the really necessary cases in which a bomb will improve the quality of life of the patient.You will be informed of the pros and cons and from then on you will be introduced to your new inseparable partner as well as their driving book ... If book reads well, and you have to meet him at the heart.
This unfortunately is the current reality, as I tell you to talk about it we will all talk to you well ... Sierra teeth disappear in the daily profiles, those in which doing things well do not manage to get off Hemo 7 we can get it more easily, it is a continuous administration of fast insulin and therefore your body stops storing insulin and allows a more adequate administration at every moment of the day that you need we are currently controlling with four punctures and with the pump you can do it with 20, 40 or 100 with which it is more precise, and many more things that will explain you.I hope I have helped you and luck in your adventure !!;)

Alberto P's profile photo
Alberto P
11/04/2011 5:44 a.m.

Well, another bomber and your age "almost" I have days to have the 16 hehe :)
I recommend it, I do not take it off or take it away from anything in the world hahaha
Encouragement and luck :)

noelia's profile photo
noelia
11/04/2011 3:36 p.m.

Helloaa !!I was the same as you and I snapped !!!I still have a few months left to start the process, but what I recommend is that you start informing you about the issue of carbohydrates (you must tell them for the use of the pump).I have started with the training with the nurse and I recommend that you start on your own.In this forum there is some topic that deals with the matter and Owash explains it very clear and simple.To start on your own I tell you because you are going to stay with a scareFats, proteins or hamburgers ... It is normal and for what I have read to all of us).So if you want to start reading why and how, in this forum there is a lot.Cheer up!!!!!(They say it is worth it and much !!!).

inmaats's profile photo
inmaats
12/11/2011 4:55 a.m.

I have been since 2007 and I don't want anything else, the truth is that it is the best to control you for many reasons:
· The hypos (unless you cause them yourself by mistake) with a good basal will disappear.
· It will improve your quality of life, you will be more flexible with schedules and meals, and you can better regulate the amount of hydrates you eat without suffering large headaches.
· If what you want is discretion although you do not have because the pump seems in the worst case a mobile and does not involve indiscreet looks when you take it out and programs a bolus for a meal.
· You do not need to withdraw it to exercise, and if you exercise more than normal it will not cause you hypoglycemia, most of the models have programming to make temporal doses of up to 0% with what would not be injected insulin and you will not haveNeither hypo nor hyper, the regular how much you want is consistent with your physical activity and you can always stop it.

You should learn to handle it before putting it on, in most places where they put them, they usually advise and explain well, it is also important that you handle carbohydrate calculation for insulin bowling.

You can arise doubts about the catheter and the answers are multiple ... In my specific case, to bathe the catheter covers with a tiny plastic cap and there is already the pump is disconnected from the body during the time of the shower or bathroom andThen you hook it again and that's it.In addition, you can do it for hours always depending on blood glucose even putting the corresponding insulin contribution before removing the pump to prevent hyperglycemia, with this I mean that you can go to bathe the beach or the pool and even take a long showerWithout worrying if something is going to happen to you for not being put on.

Most people carry the catheter placed in the gut, for example I preferPump and put it with your belongings and the catheter will always be hidden and nobody has to give an account.

Greetings and encouragement, using an insulin bomb is a great advance for your quality of life and your health.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
12/11/2011 2:57 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.