Fruit juices?

loly's profile photo   10/30/2011 1:31 p.m.

Is it counterproductive to take pomelos type pomelos types in fasting?I look for my doubts on the Internet.

loly's profile photo
loly
10/30/2011 1:31 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

The grapefruit is contraindicated when you take medication for voltage or cholesterol.

The explanation is in enzyme that blocks the absorption of these medications

But you take any type of medication, there is no inconvenience in drinking fruit juices ... eye with the amount of carbohydrates, 1 glass of orange juice can be equivalent to 3 oranges, so glycemia can be triggered (even if we don't putadded sugar)

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2011 1:52 p.m.

Thank you very much for your answer

loly's profile photo
loly
10/30/2011 2:30 p.m.

The only difference and also a big difference, is that if you only take the juice, blood glucose rises quickly in blood, it is more, it is taken by the time you have hypogucemia.
Therefore the best way to take the fruit is as it is because the fiber it has prevents glucose quickly.
The fiber slows the glucose rise time, when taking only the juice there is no fiber as a consequence the glucose rises rapidamete in 5 minutes if you have an hypo has already raised you.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/01/2011 2:44 p.m.

My daughter takes a natural orange juice for breakfast of 2 oranges, approximately 100-125 ml.Of juice and I put one more insulin unit, its pos 2 hours later they are around 150-160, we are not doing any difference and for it it is very important because what is fruit takes little and how little it takes isthe one that is packaged (in your juice): Oops:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/02/2011 5:02 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello in relation to what you have said that it only takes natural juice not fruit, I did not say it was against.
Only the glucose rises before.If you give it 100cc of orange juice it is equivalent to a ration of carbohydrates, that is, 10 grams of sugars.
It's okay if you put a quick action analogo with juice.Another thing would be if he takes an example only with the basal insulin that is taking effect during the day, and then that would rise quickly.
But if it is taken with more food and you have also put him, I suppose novorapid or another auction analogo fast very well.
For example, I give it to my son when he goes down at the time of food, and then eats.

juanqui2791's profile photo
juanqui2791
11/02/2011 9:46 a.m.

is it counterproductive to take juice fruit juices in fasting?On the Internet I seek and my doubts clarify anything. Thank you

Well, I don't understand the question, what do you want me to tell you ...: Oops :: oops:

Is it bad to take a juice on an empty stomach?What do you mean with "fasting"?How do I know, "on an empty stomach" is before breakfast ... and why consider taking a juice before breakfast?Or do you want to say at breakfast?or do you mean taking the juice between hours?I do not understand that question.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/02/2011 11:11 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.