Valencia's faith develops a pioneer technique in the world

fer's profile photo   10/09/2009 4:39 a.m.

The study to verify the effectiveness of this new method was carried out in 16 diabetic patients with macular edema in both eyes and did not respond to the previous treatment of laser photocoagulation.After six months of monitoring, doctors observed that plasmin injection had considerably reduced the thickness ofThe eye macula caused by edema and stable improved visual acuity.

Diabetes mellitus is a chronic disease that significantly affects the eyeball, among other organs.Systemic disorders associated with this pathology, such as hypertension, can influence the development of macular edema.It is estimated that ten percent of diabetic people will develop this disease throughout their lives.

The La Fe hospital has already treated about 200 patients with refractory EMD using this new technique, which is beginning to be applied "successfully" in other pathologies of the retina such as thrombosis, macular holes or macular degeneration, among others.

The ophthalmologists of the La Fe hospital involved in the creation and application of this pioneer technique will participate as speakers in the next Congress of the American Academy of Ophthalmology, the most important of the specialty that is celebrated worldwide, in order to publicizeThis new method to treat without surgery the refractory EMD.

fer's profile photo
fer
10/09/2009 4:39 a.m.

@fer - Diabetes Tipo 1 desde 1.998 | FreeStyle Libre 3 | Ypsomed mylife YpsoPump + CamAPS FX | Sin complicaciones. Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro.
Co-Autor de Vivir con Diabetes: El poder de la comunidad online, parte de los ingresos se destinan a financiar el foro de diabetes y mantener la comunidad online activa.

Ale, I can "cure" in case of edema in the macula: shock:
I thought that it would still take some time to publish it but it seems that the results have been so good that they have not resisted

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/09/2009 5:51 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, it seems to me a magnificent news .... Thank you, Fer.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/09/2009 6:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Thank you very much Fer, for the magnificent news, I am glad that there are these advances, and more is a topic as important as the view, and also that it can be applied for other pathologies.

Thank you

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/11/2009 2:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Great news, thanks for sharing it.: P

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/11/2009 3:20 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.