My wife is obsessed with night drops.

Quim's profile photo   11/09/2011 10:21 a.m.

My wife is obsessed with night drops.

I am the one who has diabetes but I write in this section because the affected is my wife.

In a year and a half I never had a night drop but I suffered just a week ago.A mini descent, I just woke up sweating and a little dizzy.I solved it with cookies, milk and so happy I have sleep.

My wife has always had the concern that I give me a night hypoglycemia and once a month I woke up midnight telling me - love I think you have a descent.The truth was that I was angry but I was funny to see his face of concern and I sleep so quiet.The next morning it was almost an anecdote that we both laughed.

Since the descent did so, this has worsened a lot, being almost every night, it is last 2 times, to the point that it wakes me up, it reveals me even wants to prick my finger itself without waking me up.I'm afraid to open my eyes and find her by grabbing my finger with the prick just at the time of the clik (hahahaha is good to put a little humor :)))

I value what he does for me and I know that he does it with all his love but ... she does not despair and not rest me.I get in a very bad mood if they wake me up, I even say things that are very beautiful to us: x.
I don't know how to do not worry so much ...?I talk a lot about the subject with her and always listen to me closely also knows both diabetes and me.

I guess many of you will have similar situations and will be a matter of time and relax.Thank you very much for reading me.

Many hugs.Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/09/2011 10:21 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I am lucky that I always wake up if I have a descent.In fact I only wake up if I have a descent, neither Cariñitos nor anything :)) :))
If that is also your case is a good excuse to reassure it.

We must value what type 3 suffers ... and it is fair that we recognize what they suffer, but there are always limits and it is not reasonable that our partner worries more than ourselves.
The midpoint is what you have to find ... each of yours.
I do not conform that my partner watches me with nocturnity and alevosía 8) except in specific situations such as times of glycemic downside or with diseases.
In return, we must "train them" for possible serious hypos and deposit our trust in them.

In the end, it is almost always summarized in communication ... If we are able to explain it well and reach agreements everything must work with harmony and eat stoofadas;): Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/09/2011 1:28 p.m.

Quim, put a juice, of those who come with Pajita (see that it has sugar, that there are many without sugar), in your table.So you don't have to get up if you wake up.It will upload about 60 units, and you continue sleeping.Convince your wife that you wake up in a descent and solve it fast.
If you measure yourself before bed and do not sleep with less than 140, you can sleep peacefully.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/09/2011 2:53 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Quim, being obsessed can be a problem especially for her, because surely he has a fatal ... invite her to pass through the forum, but of course making her part of diabetes does not seem like such a crazy idea, for that is your partner, No????
Ah, yes, it is true that there are many of you (and I say it for a conversation that I had with certain friends "with diabetes" just 2 months ago, that you want your diabetes for you alone ... Well, go selfish, I think... Without offending anyone, it sounds more like a complex of something, and I assure you that I say it with all the love ... my maid is diabetic and I am a hypothyroid ... at night, when I get upTo measure my daughter (Tb. Diabetics), I measure him too, not precisely because I am obsessed, but because what will he get up high or have a hypo if it can be avoided ... Well, he so pancho,Nor does he flinch, tonight I had 60 put a glucosport in his mouth and a cookie and he has risen with 80, we are perfect ... and it is not that he does not know how to take care, he is not !!!! it isA methodical person knows perfectly his illness and takes care of himself but that very well, but that does not mean that I can also be close, no?
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/09/2011 4:57 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Well Velia does not seem "selfish";), although I understand you why you are twice type 3 and you see it in another way, also the parents have to take charge forcedly while your children are young.
I see logical that our partners care about us but it happens to me like Owash, I would never let my partner take care of "my diabetes", I do not want him to worry, I do not want him to get to the point where he isQuim's wife, I would feel very bad and that's why Quim understand you.
I am very autonomous, when I debuted I lived alone and spent a few years like that, I have never had a serious hypoglycemia, I have never needed help to get out of one and I hope to continue this way, especially because I do not want the people around me and meThey want to suffer for me .....
Quim I don't know how to advise you, tell your wife to enter the forum, to read us and above all that tells us here what he feels, we could help her or try at least .....: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/10/2011 5:11 a.m.

Hello companions.
First of all forgive for not answering before but I am a bit disaster.Thank you very much for all your advice I was great.

Velia, you are a super woman, who madness to organize all that seems super difficult and I think your philosophy is very correct but I cannot share it at all.One of the things that helps me to carry diabetes is to see that I am autonomous 100%.Of course I share with my wife everything related, we read the forum together and even almost every day we comment on the results of the glucometer.But I have a very clear thing, diabetes is mine and I control myself at will, if she wants one who bought it :))
In the end, to relax every night she wakes up thinking that I have a descent I take a control.We see that it is a normal result and we continue sleeping.Now it is not every night and I begin to notice that it sleeps calmer.

With my doctor we were investigating the possible cause of the descent and we reached the next conclusion.That day I was very high about about 200 and as at night I was already up to the hat and I put on a lot of insulin.Although after three hours and looked at me before bed 140, the doctor told me that although I had no fast insulin, I had done a waterfall effect.After being high all day and forcing to lower the glucose so fast he followed the trend and continued to go down.He recommended not to put more than 9 units at night.

Hugs to all, Quim

Quim's profile photo
Quim
11/18/2011 4:52 a.m.

What is Quim, you would have nothing but read any thread of parents of diabetic children and you would see that what we do is normal: D -
I am glad that your wife is calmer ... it's a matter of time, she will resume trust.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
11/20/2011 6:41 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.