I present myself to this community

DiabetesForo's profile photo   10/23/2009 2:07 p.m.

Hello to all the members of this forum,: D

My name is Max Russell 41 years I live in Monterrey, Mexico and I was diagnosed with prediabetes through a consultation for another reason since I did not imagine this situation that, if not for the glucose measurement that my doctor ordered, I would not even have suspected,It shows a reading of 138 coupled with the following measurements that I have not been able to lose from 125 on the other hand I have a history of diabetes in direct relatives on both sides.

Anyway I have had to live this inconvenience and I hopeI consider a compulsive dining room of echo the sugars in abundance have not been part of my diet but I have seen my anxiety to eat increased,

I appreciate your advice and help in advance in the doubts that will surely arise in the future, it is worth mentioning that I only have 2 months of my diagnosis without medications only with food control and exercise that I have not fulfilled by the way.

Greetings,
Mrussell

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 2:07 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Max.

First of all, we welcome you to the club.

You should know that this is the hard or easy thing we want to do, and that the attitude is fundamental, not only for good control, but to take full advantage of life.

What you tell us about the anxiety to eat is not uncommon.If your glycemia are not good, the organism launches alarms, thirst, or hunger.Anxiety for other reasons can also cause that hunger.

My recommendation is to exercise.It doesn't matter too much, whenever you adapt to your rhythm.In principle, the most recommended are walking, swimming, bicycle, etc., the one you like best.Exercise will not only improve your glycemia, but also considerably improve mood and reduce compulsive appetite.

On the other hand, when you are excessive hunger, try to eat "free" foods (lacking or low in carbohydrates), for example: asparagus, tomatoes, lettuce, turkey breast, etc.

Little by little you will know how your body works and you will control the situation

Greetings

DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 3:37 p.m.

Hi Max, welcome to the forum.

Regarding food anxiety is something "logical", taking into account that it is your treatment, focusing attention on food makes us problems.
In addition to the foods that Alea has commented, you could consume drinks such as infusions, tea, coffee, ligth drinks ...

DiabetesForo
10/23/2009 4:25 p.m.

Welcome the first.

In addition to satisfying your hunger with food without carbohydrates, it begins with exercise.You will see how your measurements improve quickly, and you will feel much better, which will help you mentally.

It does not matter the exercise you choose, but try to do it every day, and in a couple of weeks you will see improve your health.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
10/26/2009 4:30 a.m.

Hi Max:

Welcome to the forum.Accept that diabetes is suffered requires its time, anxiety is a consequence, you will see how you are assimilating and controlling it.

All the best,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/26/2009 8:43 a.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Well, in the end I have decided, I had my doubts but I'm here.
My name is Chus and I am a son of a son with diabetes.The nights make me eternal, you know, this of having to control at dawn has a little disrupted my dream.
I have never participated in a forum of this type but I trust that this helps me to relax after eight years thinking every moment, how will it be?

DiabetesForo
10/29/2009 9:18 p.m.

Welcome Chus !!!!You do not know how good we understand the parents that we are here.You have reached the right place ... In the section "I look for someone" there is a thread of parents, where we chat and share experiences, and believe me that we always learn something new that does so well, in addition to venting, of course.
Max, welcome to the forum.Keep telling ..
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
10/30/2009 4:01 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hello, Chus.
Here are another mother.I am the "expert" in rebellions, lack of controls, hidden meals, and many more things;)

No, seriously, participate in the forum, that we all help each other and share not only the problems, but also the solutions, the tricks, the experiences.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
10/30/2009 11:28 a.m.

Hello my name is Rocio and my 4 -year -old Hugo debuted the last bridge of the Immaculate.Your doctor Dr. García (great by the way), has proposed the insulin bomb, since he has many highs, and also not shows down, can anyone tell me their experience with the bomb?As you know right now for us it is a novelty, that although he and his team have explained it great (among them comfort, which is wonderful), we would like to know your first -hand experiences.Thank you all and I await answers.

Rocio-Hugo's profile photo
Rocio-Hugo
11/01/2009 4:24 p.m.

Welcome.Dew.

I am the mother of a 15 -year -old girl, who has been a bomb since January, and the experience is totally positive.

There is a section of "parents" and another of "insulin bombs."Enter and participate, that surely is useful for doubts.

Welcome and a little kiss to Hugo.

DiabetesForo
11/01/2009 5:41 p.m.

Hello, my name is Mabi and it is the first time that I register in a forum, in fact I do not know very well how to explain but I need help and advice. Good Aver, because I am diabetics since 1989 now I am 37 years old, which I know very well ofThat this disease is about and how to take it, the case schens give me moments of lowcouple and I don't have the same diet, nor do I do sports, nor do I have illusion, so, it gives me a little, still, I am not so poorly controlled since I have my insulin infuster since January 2009, but I have no one toIt helps me in my moments of Bajon. Today I am a little more animated since I am reading your advice a little and I am more happy to see that there are more people like me since I do not know anyone diabetic to share experiences etc ... soGreetings to all

mabi's profile photo
mabi
11/03/2009 12:09 p.m.

Hi Mabi, welcome
That's what the forum is for ... among many other things.
Participate in the different sections and tell us your opinions, your cases, your experiences ...

Another option is to get closer to some diabetes association ... They usually organize talks, excursions, workshops ... A good way to meet people in your same situation.

PS: At this step the forum will be the Pump Diabetes Forum :)) ... You have almost all the pot.: Mrgreen:

DiabetesForo
11/03/2009 12:18 p.m.

Mabi, pass and tell us a little.
Telling what area you are, and what things are the ones that most worry or bother you from diabetes.
Sometimes, the most complicated is not treatment, but relationships with other people and how they interpret your illness.
In any case, here we are.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo
11/03/2009 2:37 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.