European Patient Congress

HanSolo's profile photo   11/10/2011 11:33 a.m.

The next November 22, 23 and 24 is held in Madrid the "5th European Congress of Patients, Innovation and Technologies" by the European Institute of Social Health and Welfare, independent and collaborator of the WHO.

Of course, there is a day in which our disease will be brought to light, as well as other presentations in which new technologies, chronicity or medical-patient decision making will be discussed.Anyway, the program is interesting.Here you have it:

There we will be.Let's see how it is ...

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/10/2011 11:33 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Well, you will tell us how ...

Normally the congresses always leave that feeling of "less samba and more work", I mean, that the debates and the sharing are very good ... but from the saying to the fact there is usually a lot of stretch and in clinical practice the new technologiesThey are an absolute myth.

At least in diabetes, and specifically in type 1, except experiences such as the Forum Clinic and the Andalusian School of Patients, the experiences in the public health field are anecdotic.

Good luck we have to have this forum: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/10/2011 1:25 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Precisely, since you quote it, in the last SEFAP congress that was held in Bilbao several weeks ago and in which I participated as a speaker, I had the honor of sharing a round table with the head of Forumclinic, Jordi Gené.I was talking to him about how positive that project and the advantages it offers.
I believe that the social abilities of the Internet can allow (in fact, they are already doing it in many "specialized" forums such as this) an obvious educational benefit for people with diabetes that complements the work provided by the "standard" health service.The figure of the expert patient, the psychological reinforcement, the sharing of experiences ... and of course, the enormous informative capacity of a specialized portal, make the Internet a very powerful tool in the treatment of diabetes;In this case, that of education, which is one of the four legs on which this disease is based, along with medication, physical exercise and food.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
11/11/2011 3:45 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Health 2.0 is the next health revolution, giants such as Google or Microsoft are already investing in it
A link:

This last sentence is brutal: We must enhance network work strategies through specific initiatives linked to professional practice and collaborative technologies that favor the bidirectional relationship with patients.
And diabetes is ideal to lead a necessary change.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/11/2011 noon
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.