hyperglycemia and exercise.

Ana Poppe's profile photo   10/30/2009 2:15 p.m.

Hello,

The truth is that I have read this issue here but now I look for it and I don't find it: Oops:
It is about why you should not exercise when you are tall, even if you have no ketones.I know you have to rest and drink a lot of water.
Thank you.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
10/30/2009 2:15 p.m.

Anapp

This topic could be very interesting, if you could tell something I would appreciate it.

Greetings

Nube's profile photo
Nube
10/30/2009 3:51 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Please, someone who knows it, who answers because I don't understand it.

Another issue that intrigues me: it turns out that if you do not have DM and want to lose weight you exercise and you burn glucose and then fat, thus weights.But if you talk about sport and lose weight at first of the DM it is like mentioning the Antichrist: Evil: I has told me that I am very decompensated and first you have to fix that but what I do not understand is why it is sohorrible burn fat for someone with DM, if the rest of the world does it.Why if I burn fat I enter in acetosis and someone without DM no?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
10/30/2009 5:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I don't know where the answer I have written has stopped, but I will try again.

If the glycemia are high, above 200, it is a sign that there is not enough circulating insulin to take advantage of the sugar we need to burn in the exercise.
If we exercise without sufficient insulin, the cells do not receive glucose and launch alarm signals.Then, the liver releases reserves that rise even more circulating sugar, sugar that can not be used either.
As cells continue with "hunger", they demand energy and the organism tries to get it out of fats, but that process releases ketones, which are toxic and can be a serious complication for the diabetic.

Auto, in the case of non -diabetics, there is no lack of insulin.Fat burns when there is not enough glucose, but no ketones are not generated because insulin works correctly.

I don't know if I have explained well or if I brought you more.

Health

DiabetesForo
10/30/2009 5:52 p.m.

Auto, it is very important that you are duly compensated to exercise precisely because of what Alea explains, because if you are in hyperglycemia and without insulin you can end ketoacidosis.
If you are well compensated you can exercise and burn fat like anyone who does not have diabetes.I usually do sports at least one hour and always start with 200 or 250 glucose because if I don't have a hiccIt is not easy but it can be achieved, you have to understand how insulin works, how you react to the Ajercio and start little by trying.It is not horrible to burn fat for us exercising, the mechanism is the same as for a non -diabetic.

DiabetesForo
10/30/2009 6:05 p.m.

If these decompensated you should not exercise.

If you are high, you go to ketosis for not having insulin ...

If you are low, you go to a hypo directly for not having glucose ...

I debut in May, until July they did not give me permission to exercise.Now I do 40-45 minutes a day, and it is a barbarity as it shows.But always with control, and at the time you are stabilized.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/03/2009 4:13 a.m.

From what I have been able to read, when the process is exercised it is as follows: First it is handed off the muscle glycogen, after blood glucose, after the glycogen of the liver and, in the end, fat burns.If you are not diabetic you can burn fat without generating barely ketones and if you are fat burning, generating ketones, which are toxic.Is that so?
Another issue, what exactly have metabolic decompensation?
Thanks to everyone.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 7:25 a.m.

The theory says that to use circulating glucose, insulin is essential ... When we are above 250 there is very little insulin, so the whole glucose family is circulating and without using, therefore the muscles have no other.than the toxicity of fats.

By decompensation I understand both hypoglycemia and hyperglycemia.

DiabetesForo
11/05/2009 8:27 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.