Punishment diabetes?

jaquemate's profile photo   11/17/2009 1:40 p.m.

I think that the ferry of diabetes is a punishment because the people who suffer from it
In most cases they like food or drinks that hurt them
I mean that they can't drink Coca Cola or foods containing a lot of sweet
And that is often painful for one to want something and many times not to be able to do it.
I would like someone to think about this topic to be able to understand better.
Disease or punishment?

jaquemate's profile photo
jaquemate
11/17/2009 1:40 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Punishment and opportunity at the same time.Because ?.

Punishment: I accept that I have to take care of myself but what I will never accept is that seven glycems and click 4 times the insulin is " lead a normal life ".Being all the holy day pending sugar, having to plan everything ... is a punishment.

OPPORTUNITY: Yes, because it will also be something that makes me have an iron will, a metal order superior to the average and, if I do well, in the long run a better health than that of another person who does not havediabetes.It will also make me aware that life is not a path of roses, it may learn to be more supportive with the pain of others ...

You choose which part of the disease you stay.
I will have some patech than another, because I am human, but I will try to take advantage of the " opportunity " that is given to me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/17/2009 2:19 p.m.

Punishment is something that one deserves for some evil caused, so not, it is not a punishment.
It is rather a task, or a whore, or a joke of bad taste.

However, Jaquemate, there is something that I do not share, and it is not being able to eat certain things.It is true that my daughter takes Cocacola Zero instead of the one who carries sugar, and it is true that a sweet binge cannot be given (which is not convenient for non -diabetics), but you can take ice cream, or a Magdalena, orA cake, whenever you know how to calculate how much insulin you need to wear so that your glycemias do not shoot.

So courage and maybe with another approach you can see that almost nothing is prohibited and that what is needed is to learn how to do it without harming yourself.

Health

DiabetesForo
11/17/2009 2:51 p.m.

Of punishment nothing, for God's, what I needed to read;), I do not think I deserve to be punished, before "debut" I took care of me the same as now, I made a very healthy life, a lot of sport, healthy eating ...And suddenly appeared, so I didn't have to change my habits at all, except to measure glucose and prick my insulin ....
I guess you ask because type 2 diabetes does have a lot of relationship with obesity and sedentary lifestyle, right?That is another story .....

DiabetesForo
11/17/2009 3:53 p.m.

More than a punishment is a "touch of attention."

My lifestyle was not the healthiest, sitting work, not to exercise, a slight overweight, ate what I wanted, and took a lot of coffee (with sugar) ... and the work and personal stress in the last three years there werestate by clouds.I think that was the precipitating.

Now: as healthy, I exercise, I take care of myself, I take my life calmly, I enjoy every day, for every moment ... if I stop to think about it, I am better than before.

Therefore, it is not a punishment.And, for me, it is no disease.A disease is the absence of health, and health for me is to be able to do what I want, when I want, without any physical or mental impediment ... I consider myself healthy, I feel healthy, and I live healthy.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
11/19/2009 4:07 a.m.

The truth is that I do consider myself healthier than a smoker or that someone who does not know what it is to do sports, but that of "free " ...: oops:

DiabetesForo
11/19/2009 4:30 p.m.

Nor do I think it's punishment, my daughter debuted with 22 months. What could you do until then to deserve that punishment?
I agree with Alea and Nacho.Right now, Noe makes a life like her friends, except to measure and get insulin.Next week they do on school on chocolate day with churros and she eats it as the others.Not at all, diabetes is not a punishment.

DiabetesForo
11/20/2009 3:45 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.