Learn English traveling

DiabetesForo's profile photo   12/06/2009 7:36 p.m.

I would like to have information on the possibility of making a camp or trip to Ireland for our chic@s and if you know if any diabetic association performs this type of activity.
Please if you know something to answer me.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/06/2009 7:36 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I do not know any association or entity that makes language trips specifically for children with diabetes.
It is something that perhaps Fucamdi or the Diabetes Foundation could consider doing.

Nor do I think it is necessary in the case of adolescents with autonomy in their treatment.As long as there is a minimal organization, the conditions of stay are good and the monitors have 2 fingers in front ... conditions that are often not given.

From my point of view, the camps, trips or stays destined for children with diabetes should serve to foster their autonomy (especially from 6-7 years) and during the 2-3 years after the debut (generalizing, generalizing,that not all cases are the same).
A child with 14 years and 7 of evolution is not the same, than another 14 years and recently debuted.

Once autonomy in diabetes management (glycemia, injections, rotation, hypoglycemia, hyperglycemia, insulin-comidation decision) is obtained, ideal is that it goes to the same camps and trips as any other.

DiabetesForo
12/07/2009 2:34 a.m.

Thanks Owash.
I will have to get in touch with the Foundation to have if you know something.
You are right in terms of personal autonomy, the truth is that David has always left enough autonomy regarding trips, excursions, camps, etc., but always with people who know that they will be a little aware, but to theForeigner gives me a little yuyu and above all I panto it since a few months ago, sentences two minutes after getting up he gave him a coma for a strong hypoglycemia and had to come a mobile at home and in the hospital two days inComa, it was shocking (strong fuels, I didn't breathe, ..), since I have glymia controls almost daily at dawn.

DiabetesForo
12/07/2009 11:05 a.m.

Uffff, poor David and poor family ... the only thing that occurs to me is that you have to analyze why things happen (if you can) and so they are avoided in the future.Think that what happened does not have to happen again.

On what you say, I think it would be very good to talk to the organization with which I go abroad because they may assign you a family in which there is a diabetic.You will tell us if there has been luck.

DiabetesForo
12/07/2009 4:24 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.