Catheter change.

Ana Poppe's profile photo   12/07/2009 7:10 a.m.

Today was my first change and everything very well: D

When I get the old catheter I was a bit impressed with the hole that the small canulilla leaves on my skin: ((Is there any method so that there is no brand or scar? My endo has given me an antibiotic ointment and nothing more.

Thank you.Ann.

Ana Poppe's profile photo
Ana Poppe
12/07/2009 7:10 a.m.

Anapp

Ana, some brand has to stay, thinks we have a foreign body involved for three or four days, but do not worry disappears in a short time and it is very important to rotate a lot, let the area rest ....

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/07/2009 7:17 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

At the moment the hole is already a hole :)) The area is very bruised but that surely returns to its color.Between the allergy to the waiting, the hole and the bruise well scared I go :))

Thanks Prado for Responser.

Ana Poppe
12/07/2009 10:38 a.m.

Anapp

The Moraton came out because you caught some capillary, it happens to me sometimes, but calm that everything will return to normal :)) :)). From the allergy I cannot comment because it never happened to me .....

DiabetesForo
12/07/2009 11:15 a.m.

And when does any capillary happen to you what do you usually do?You change the area or hold the discomfort during the three days.

I take advantage and make you one more question:-/ The truth is that I don't get it well, it is easy for meetc. The discomfort is the canulilla inside that I feel it and the steps.The spadrapo in the end does not care what worries me is the annoyance of the canulilla and we must get used to that discomfort?Or is that it is only to the principy and then one stops feeling that discomfort.I'm made a mess: ((I complain, I'm hehe

Ana Poppe
12/08/2009 1:34 p.m.

Anapp

If a capillary does not usually realize until I take it off, I do not usually feel anything, any discomfort ... sometimes a small puncture when I put the first bolus after the change of catheter, but it happens quickly....
Where do you usually put on the catheter?And what cateter do you use?I carry the smallest of 6mm because I am thin and with little fat, the 9 mm used some time and it bothered me something.

DiabetesForo
12/08/2009 5:12 p.m.

Hi Anapope is the first message I write, I registered recently and I don't usually walk through Aki I tell you:
I have a parading 722 for a little over a year, I was always well contrisons.You take off a replacement, do it carefully and just take it away from you the area with a piece of cotton impregnated in alcohol is what I do and it does not leave me marks, each change goes rotating, left and then right, I in particular what I do isKeep the cable where the stretched insulin goes, I explain you, if I have the cateter on my left I have it on the right so I avoid pònerme swords to hold the cable ah and to sleep I put it in the arente part under theOmbiglo hooked to the pajamas and do not hinder me, make your normal life do not worry everything are advantages, at first everything is doubts but then you will take with it and for the possible marks on the skin use any cream with aloe vera.Saudos Scooterboy: d

scooterboy's profile photo
scooterboy
12/08/2009 5:24 p.m.

Scooterboy, Welcome !!!!
Ana, my daughter and my maind does not hurt that way that you tell, maybe ever to insert it, but it disappears almost immediately, except those times that you inevitably have to. Change by poor insertion ... are you very thin?If so, you may need 6mm catheter or the obliques ... the itching is also curious ... I guess some allergy ... go cloth!Let's see if you are happening ..... kisses

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/08/2009 6:17 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Oh!Thanks for the answers they are very useful.

Prado, I have put the catheter in my stomach that is where I see more fat I have and use the 9 mm.

Scooterboy, welcome!By removing the catheter, you mean, have you done slowly?, Slow?And right, right?I will follow your advice and press in the area with cotton and alcohol.

Velia, I am not very thin but I am not overweight either, I would like to lower a couple of kilos: d.I will tell my endocrine about 6 mm but as I have been reading that of the obliques hurt a lot, right?

The itching ... the itching and the ardor in the area where the canulilla is going there last night I woke up a couple of times because of this ... Buno patience.When leaving the dried shower, the canulilla tape as much as I can and it seems that the allergy is going better.

Ana Poppe
12/09/2009 7:12 a.m.

Anapp

In my stomach I never put it because it seems like a painful and uncomfortable area, try to change place, I put it in the belly and hip, side and gluteos, end of the back .... But the stomach and stomach andThe legs never, it gives me a lot yuyu because I have no fat ...: Shock:

DiabetesForo
12/09/2009 7:20 a.m.

Hello Velia and Anapope, thanks for the welcomeThe truquillo, I take it off in a circle as if it were a sticker you know, in round until you arrive at the center and strips in rectus then you press with cotton impregnated in alcohol a little time and already this, I also wanted to know that you carry thePump when you put the catheter in gluteo, I have never done it, nor I have put a shirt back inside the pants or a pole, I always take it on the outside, the truth that the day to day has achieved that ISometimes I noticed that I carry the bomb, for example I am going to walk in the afternoon an hour and a half or one hour and as I put such a low temporal basal I have already decided to take it away and not take it, in summer on the beach or inThe pool I have been up to 2 and 3 or 4 hours and without the pump and I have been well controlled, my last hemoglubin was 6.7 on 11/11/09, it is true that I control the glucose 4.5 or 6 times a dayI encourage all the firefighters and get the most out of it, I have again heard what it is to take some rods with some skewers, you put on a square wave bolus (depending on what you are going to take and eat and the time thatYou are going to be) and this is, that is just one of the examples.Greetings and that you do very well I saw and anapope

scooterboy
12/09/2009 11:32 a.m.

Welcome, Scooterboy.

I don't talk about bombs today, because I am pissed off with them.

Health

DiabetesForo
12/09/2009 1:20 p.m.

Hello, thanks for the welcome, I just read your comment in the post of "Ruta de la Plata" and I understand your anger a little with the bomb, you will see when you mean that the catheter is locked I imagine that it will be with the triggerThat blue that we use, will see it locked because the catheter glue is impregnated on the interior wallprick you and you will see how it does not happen to me again until I called the technical service and they told me not despair. Safe and that you do well

scooterboy
12/09/2009 2:12 p.m.

Hi Scooterboy:
I usually put the catheter in the buttock very often, in the final part of the back, it is very comfortable, it seems complicated at the beginning because you do not see yourself but now I do it without problem :)).

DiabetesForo
12/09/2009 3:28 p.m.

Scooterboy, surely your experience as a firefighter, will be a great help for many people who read us.
Ana Pope, Angela also puts the catheter in the buttock.Juan Luis is rotating, and when the buttock touches him, I punctu him, but as Elena says, with the practice you will surely put it in a pis pas .... I try in another area to see how it is going.
With respect to remove the catheter, I took it off the pull, at first it has a little brand that goes soon.Now I get a jet of alcohol and leave alone ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/09/2009 5:03 p.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Ana Poppe throws a jet of alcohol on the catheter and you will be surprised !!!!It is a saint's hand, you'll see, neither pull, nor have to take it soft or anything at all, you let it act for a few seconds and only solo leave.Try it, really, I do so with my little girl and without a single pull.I recommend it to all of you who have a bomb or to anyone who has to remove a dressing.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2009 9:44 a.m.

Helloaa what to take off the tape with alcohol is great, (thanks for the advice velia, Lena and Scooterboy) just as pressing on the hole with cotton and alcohol, it is seen that it closes faster, or that is what I like to believe:)).About changing my place I have dared with the gluteos and ... I have wasted a catheter: ((:-/ And I scared: shock: I guess someone will have to help me the first times. I will look for volunteers :))

Today my catheter has failed :?:, The needle :? :, my body :?:, The pump!I don't know ... but I had the change today and I changed it in the morning, I have eaten and already know, even for the clouds!More than 350 I have changed everything again, when I saw that correcting did not go down, and I have failed three times (one of the buttocks:-/), that patience must have.It's like starting to have diabetes again ... toooooooodo a learning and acceptance process:-/

Well, thank you all for the advice I feel good to feel so supported: D

Ann

Ana Poppe
12/10/2009 3:41 p.m.

Anapp

I am the Maradin de Velia.The catheter makes me more signal than the meter sensor, I don't know why ... Another thing, to change the catheter and that you put in the clouds, unfortunately, it is frequent, I don't know why.What I do is take advantage of it when I calculate that the bolus that has put me is doing the maximum effect.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
12/11/2009 4:10 a.m.

The brands disappear but if you want there are creams that help to accelerate the process, I put Halibut, I recommend the nurse and it is very good.

aranzazuleg's profile photo
aranzazuleg
06/29/2016 11:41 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.