Proteins and glucogen

azucarilloout's profile photo   12/21/2009 1:54 p.m.

Good afternoon, I was around here and reading the instructive messages about diabetic Christmas I have discovered something interesting.I go there:

I know there is the possibility that your own organism free glycogen and this makes your glycemic values ​​increase.But the protein has caught my attention.The fact is that in the diet they prescribed me, I was structured in rations.During the night, after a few months, I thought it was not necessaryThe intention of getting up with levels closer to the goal.

You believe, from your experience that this can do, that the night values ​​are adequate (110 to 150) and that during the mornings are between 90 and 120. On Saturday, without going any further, Cene Pizza in large quantities (6 portionsof the relatives) and when I got home at 03.57 I measured and I had 150. In the morning I got up with 94. Well you will tell me.

All the best

azucarilloout's profile photo
azucarilloout
12/21/2009 1:54 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Small glycemia after what you "Zampas";) ... I suppose would also influence the activity you had, what drinks you drink .... do you use a bomb or boli?I say it because with a ball it is so difficult for me to "hit" ...
Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
12/22/2009 4:38 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

I don't understand the post title.Glycogen is always released by the body itself, since it is in itself the chemical shape under which glucose is stored.It is released when the body needs it (or thus believes), through various insulin counter -regulatory hormones.Logically, that increases blood glucose when that glycogen degrades becoming pure glucose.But in a "normal" person, that amount of glucose is permanently controlled and if appropriate, more insulin will be released to process it and avoid a glycemic peak.But we do not have all that related mechanism, we lack the link of insulin, so that the body can take all the steps, except control the blood glucose when it rises.And glycogen, logically, elevates it.
A scare, a disgust, a tension situation or nerves is enough, so that glycogen is released and the posterior peak is easter.

On the other hand, without having anything to do with the above (that's why I do not understand the title of the post), proteins (although it is not their function) are reconvened in glucose if the body needs it, but it is not usual.We should not abuse them not for this reason, but because in large quantities they damage the liver and affects the normal functioning of the kidney, and we must take care of our body, because we already have tickets so that problems appear and we should not "buy more."

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/23/2009 11:12 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.