Inheritance, tendency to type II diabetes

luzmar's profile photo   11/21/2011 6:44 a.m.

Hello, everyone.I have a question and I would like to share it with you although I know that I should consult with my header but I have already done it and I have not finished very convinced.

I am a 30 -year -old girl and my mother, grandmother and guy are type II diabetic.At the moment I am not, but in my last analytical (last week) I have the glucose in 98 on an empty stomach.I have thought about taking it at least once a week to see if the values ​​are the same or that day was like this for any other reason.The issue is that it worries me because with the genetic inheritance that I carry and having it e 98 I think that I can in a short time become type II like all my maternal family.

For this reason I have begun to take care of myself much more than before, I exercise every day and I intend to take away about 5 kgs that I have left over (abdomen).

Could you debut even if I continue to take care of me?

luzmar's profile photo
luzmar
11/21/2011 6:44 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Luzmar,

98 is a normal figure so I would not worry on that side.Yes, it is true for what you have that you have many genetic ballots so it does not hurt to control from time to time, but once a week it seems excessive to me.

As for the issue of taking care of yourself ... taking care of yourself ever, whether or not you diabetic, have more or less risk factors.In type II diabetes, inheritance and overweight are two quite important risk factors but are not the only ones.There are those that are controllable such as food and overweight and there are not controllable such as inheritance.If you take care you can reduce the number of ballots you carry in the raffle but the risk continues to exist.
I hope I have helped you

all the best
Marten

martagsc's profile photo
martagsc
11/21/2011 11:47 a.m.

In this link you have a picture with different possibilities and statistics: Link ... nea/08.htm >

DM2 can occur in people without obesity but with genetic component.So you have chances of suffering from it.
And for everything else what Martasgc said

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/21/2011 12:33 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.