Hello!!My boyfriend has diabetes and I love readers

Ismi's profile photo   01/06/2010 7:19 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!

I have been with my boyfriend for 7 years and from the beginning, I know his diabetes: the first years, I was not worried, I was very young and did not give him the importance he has, but for a few years, day by day I try to know more aboutThis "travel companion" since the time to live together is approaching and many fears, doubts, arise, etc.

He always tells me that I don't worry about anything, that he knows what to do at all times, he is 27 years old and debuted with 8 (I wish I would have met him before to support him since childhood, I read your testimonies and put me chicken skin ,... Admiro to those moms who walk through the forum ...;))

I had never been present in any important descent, but this summer, I got up low and being aware, they gave him "seizures" in the arms and legs, I had never seen it and I almost died .... He went for a juice, and the glass escapes the hand in one of those "seizures."They were a few seconds but ... I don't want to imagine if one day he goes asleep ... I am afraid of not knowing how to react if I had to put glucagon ...

If I am sincere, what scares me the most, although it takes care of it, is not to know where this damn disease will attack ... I trust that anywhere but I cannot avoid it ....

Thank you very much to everyone, I'm glad I decided to be part of the forum!
Kisses

Ismi's profile photo
Ismi
01/06/2010 7:19 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello Ismi, welcome to the forum !!!What a luck is your boyfriend to have you close .... It is very good to know about diabetes and about what to do in case of severe hypoglycemia, and if at any time you have to resort to glucagon (hopefully it is not necessary), you will do it great (I tell you from experience) ....
For the rest, delighted to have you for the forum, your experience as a couple is very important for other people who are in your situation.Of course tell us your doubts, fears and we will be happy to help you
Greetings

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/07/2010 10:45 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.