Food list with glycemic profile

Gema3's profile photo   01/09/2010 1:37 p.m.

Hello:

Does anyone know a list of magnets with glycemic profile? That is, as HC transforms in glucose.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/09/2010 1:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

I had a file, I had put it whole in the post but it was huge.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/09/2010 2:17 p.m.

Thanks Owash: d.
I did not refer to that, but what my endocrine calls glycemic profile ( fast sugar and slow sugar ).That is, a ration of HC in the form of milk is absorbed more slowly than in the form of sugar, that is due to the fat content of the milk.This can be interesting to avoid rebounding effects with hypos.
At some point I lowered a file with that data but I have lost it :(.

Gema3's profile photo
Gema3
01/10/2010 2:38 p.m.

The glycemic profile I have not heard.

The definition of glycemic index is precisely the one you comment:

A faster glycemic index is absorbed food.

DiabetesForo
01/10/2010 3:38 p.m.

I don't know if you mean this

Anyway, my mother's control to have everything: Shock :: Shock :: Shock:

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/11/2010 5:23 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

In any case, and opinioning from almost ignorance ...
The absorption of food does not think it is the same every day, much less in all people ... So all that is very good as theory but at the moment of truth what is worth is what happens to oneselfAnd not what puts a book.

Example, milk, in my case the absorption is quite fast but does not rise excessively and yet a friend with diabetes elevates glycemia well above the theory (10gr = 50 mg/dl of blood glucose)

DiabetesForo
01/11/2010 4:18 p.m.

To me the theme of the glycemic index seems to me a fundamental concept.I have never been very supportive of the diet by portions, in which a ration of Glucose HC is the same as of rice.And the effect on our body is very different, because while the first one produces an instant increase in blood blood cellBecoming glucose, slow and dilated process in time, so that blood glycemia will be different;Or rather, your curve throughout the following hours.That is why I cannot serve the same rapid insulin dose for one food as another with the same HC.And that is where the glycemic design appears and charges its importance.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/12/2010 4:08 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

I also believe that each one is a world, in fact, Juanlu takes coffee with milk (good of milk) and neither put insulin, and Ángela gives 100cc milk (1/2) ration to avoid a hicc... But it is true that I also help to know the glycemic index of food, not to put more or less insulin, because the insulin that I put by ration is the same, but to know how I have to put it andI am talking about the type of bolus (a dual bolus, for food, snack and dinner, since between the different absorption of the HC, S and the fats you need to put a little quickly to cover the rapids and a little quick distributed in severalhours for the rest, or a normal bolus, to cover breakfast intake) ....

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/12/2010 4:34 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

Of course, Montse.Because if you carry a bomb, the difference in the glycemic index of what you have eaten will force the bolus type to be different, even if you put the amount that marks the HC you have eaten.But if you use feathers, like me, I simply cannot wear the same amount of insulin even if both have the same HC.Because if I like food with glucose, it will do well, but if I like the food based on starch, it will probably give me a downturn, since that insulin should be distributed over time for more hours, which insulin in a singleTake cannot do.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/12/2010 4:40 a.m.

Of course, that's what I wanted to say .... Don't you dare to pite the bomb?

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/12/2010 4:43 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

While we have continued in "rank", I think it is unnecessarily cumbersome to get in eggplant.In my opinion, the bombs still have to improve a lot.The truth is that I don't like them.But a sensor is another issue.I am waiting for the issue to be clarified and can put one.I don't mind nailing in the gut ... my gut, by the way, immaculate, because I never shattered it ... I take a lot of care of her :-)

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
01/12/2010 4:56 a.m.

I agree that knowing the glycemic profile helps to understand how foods in the body work. But I think it is best to experience oneself, as each person has been said is a world and each body works differently.

The insulin bomb was not very funny either, and they had to convince me to try.Honestly, I've been with a bomb for almost 5 years and I would not return to the feathers for anything.It is also true that the pumps are not perfect, but I think they are better than feathers.

lola's profile photo
lola
01/12/2010 6:44 p.m.

I totally agree with you, Lola .... They tell me that they change me to the feathers and give me a great disgust ...

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/13/2010 3:50 a.m.

Última hemo 6.1

I am also one of the convinced bomber who does not want to return to the feathers.Precisely one of its advantages is flexibility when applying insulin, to me the glycemic index serves me as a guidance but what works best for me is experimentation and I know the diet by rations but now I do it by eye because they influence so manyThings that theory remains in that pure theory.
Gondurulo I put on the bomb having a 5 hem and I did not hesitate when the endocrine proposed it, I have won as life, I have even more stability and less hypoglycemia and great flexibility in terms of schedules and when it comes to practicing, so despite its inconveniences, it was worth it ....: D

DiabetesForo
01/13/2010 4:05 a.m.

I was one of those who did not want to complicate my life with the bomb since with the feathers I was doing well.In fact, I never bothered to prick, up to 10 times a day.But the pump is a step forward, it is the closest thing, in terms of "infusion" of insulin in our body, to our late pancreas.And of course to me neither seems cumbersome nor a load of any kind ... hehe, to see who is the ready that is capable of leaving home without mobile.

Juan Luis's profile photo
Juan Luis
01/13/2010 4:16 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.