Hello!Let's see if you can throw me a cable, I'm new to this

carolinarp's profile photo   11/28/2011 5:29 a.m.

Hello!
I am 37 years old and although my basal glucose is good, my curve is not, and the 2 hours of taking the overload of 75g of glucose I have 170 in blood.In the analysis indicates that this value, between 141 and 199 means that I have glucose intolerance.My gynecologist has put a diet, since I have had repeated abortions and this could be the cause, and believes that the endocrine will send me medication to control it ...
And as long as I do not have the appointment with the endocrine (which was the one who commissioned the curve) and does not see the results, due to the gynecologist's suggestion I am controlling with a glucometer the levels I have during the day, before and 2 hours after meals.But I have a question ... After meals, I tell 2 hours from the first bite or from the last one?I am doing it since the last one but in some places I read that it is from the first ...
Thank you very much in advance for your help

carolinarp's profile photo
carolinarp
11/28/2011 5:29 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello!

The endocrine tells me that since the intake begins.

All the best

pebrereta's profile photo
pebrereta
11/28/2011 7:10 a.m.

Thank you very much Perereta!

carolinarp
11/28/2011 10:03 a.m.

Hello.

In my case I do it at the hour and a half after the last bite, for what is seen, each master has its booklet.
By the way, among what values ​​have you told you that they are correct and after the intake? ... to me, below 140.

Greetings.

seghom's profile photo
seghom
11/28/2011 12:41 p.m.

Welcome Carolinarp !!!
In my case an hour and a half after the last bite and values ​​after the intake until 180, each master has its booklet
Greetingsssssssssss

anabeg's profile photo
anabeg
11/28/2011 4:45 p.m.

Thanks Anabeg!
Seghom, I have the same reference as you, but as I haven't seen the endocrine after the results I still have no clear guideline.
Although with the abortions of repetition and knowing my gynecologist ... I can go down what comes out.It is more restrictive than what I read around and at two hours he pointed out that I should have less than 100 to avoid problems with my pregnancies, but it seems a bit exaggerated ... to see what the endocrine thinks.
From what I am seeing, since I started to check my glucose, on an empty hand I usually have it low, between 98 and 79 ... but as breakfast (integral toast and skim milk. Everything without sugar) at 2 hours I have more than 140Too many times ... Then I get a lot, and I stay between 64 and 82 before eating.After eating, as not as hydrates, only vegetablethat if it began sugar and white bread the figures would be higher.But still we will have to lower them more.Although more diet than I have been doing a lifetime, complicated.What I can do is more exercise, that I barely do.

carolinarp
11/29/2011 6:09 a.m.

Those values ​​you have are non -diabetic ... I don't know if they will be related to abortions, but it seems weird that it is so.What glycosylated hemoglobin do you have?It usually gives a value of 6.5 as good enough to get pregnant.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
11/29/2011 5:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

No, I'm not diabetic.I already put it at the beginning.What comes out is "glucose intolerance", which is known as prediabetes.And apparently it is more than enough reason to abort.The glucose levels that are demanded from a pregnant woman are very strict, especially the first weeks, since they can lead to malformations that turn to pregnancy has just begun.My gynecologist is reputed to be one of the best in Madrid on infertility issues (Nava Barahona), and the endocrine (Luis Fernández Fernández) has confirmed that the information he has given me is correct.
I have no idea that it is "glycosylated hemoglobin", but I have already told you that for the moment I have had a single visit with the endocrine, which was when I asked me for the curve in which the intolerance has come out.So until the end of December I don't know anymore.

carolinarp
11/30/2011 4:30 a.m.

Wait that I just found that in the analyzes asked for the endocrine ... Hemoglobin A1C (which is apparent is glycosilada): 5.7% and 38.8 mmol/mol/mol
Well that.

carolinarp
11/30/2011 5 a.m.

Glycosilada is the average of the glycemia that your body has had in the last 3 months.

Usually, 5.7% is a range by touching the "abnormality", that is, in the analytics you might get a little star marking the anomalous result.
Although it depends on the laboratory and the type of analysis, if you have all the analytics printed on paper, next to the value you will have the reference values ​​where it has to be.

As you say you can be in a stadium of prediabetes (although I do not like definition much) ... its relationship with abortions I see more complex and escapes me.

Have you looked at your thyroid?It could be hyperthyroidism and would explain the glycemia and abortion levels

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2011 1:08 p.m.

Owash, in my latest laboratory report, on the 7th of this month, it puts me as reference values ​​for A1c hemoglobin (new DCCT) 4-6.--- & GT;It puts below that the calibration of the technique is carried out according to the American standard DCCT/NGSP.

I guess in each hospital they can take different reference values.

Greetings

seghom's profile photo
seghom
11/30/2011 4 p.m.

The thyroid seems okay.They have looked at me several times, and in the latter ok has come out again

carolinarp
12/01/2011 4:52 a.m.

Owash, in my latest laboratory report, on the 7th of this month, it puts me as reference values ​​for hemoglobin A1c (new DCT) 4-6.--- & GT;It puts below that the calibration of the technique is carried out according to the American standard DCCT/NGSP.

I guess in each hospital they can take different reference values.

Greetings

The DCCT is one of the most important studies carried out worldwide along with the UKPDs.
NGSP is the American calculation method, JSCC is Japanese.

In Spain the consensus was achieved recently:

Theoretically all laboratories should already issue the results with the 2 types of units of measure

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/02/2011 3:18 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.