Restoration of the Apidra supply (insulin glulisine)

DiabetesForo's profile photo   11/30/2011 12:48 p.m.

Restoration of Apidra's supply (glulisine insulin)
Injectable solution in preloaded pen

Publication date: November 30, 2011

Category: Human use medications, supply problems.
Reference: ICM (Cont) PSUM, 6/2011

Restoration of the supply of Apidra 100 units/ml Injectable solution in preloaded pen.

As a continuation of the informative note dated September 29, 2011, in which the supply problem of Apidra was reported, a medicine for the treatment of diabetes, which affected the supply of the following presentations:

Apidra 100 units/ml, Optiset Injectable solution in preloaded pen (CN: 651458), and
Apidra 100 units/ml, solostar injectable solution in preloaded pen (CN: 656073).
It is reported that Sanofi-Aventis, S.A.He has communicated to the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products that he has adopted a series of measures in order to resolve the technical incident, so he plans to initiate the supply in a gradual way, as of December 2, 2011, of the presentationof Apidra 100 units/ml, solostar injectable solution in preloaded pen (CN: 656073).In relation to the Optiset presentation, the resumption of its marketing is not expected.

All information about authorized medications and, where appropriate, your supply problems can be consulted on the Spanish Agency for Medicines and Health Products www.aemps.gob.es Link ... 1_psum.htm

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
11/30/2011 12:48 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, they have applied logic and have been able to resume the service with the most versatile feathers mode that is worth everyone.

Although, weird should be the people who put fixed doses quickly: shock:

DiabetesForo
11/30/2011 12:51 p.m.

I, the truth is that I do not think about Apidra.They have cheated on what was available in vials.It has been impossible to locate them.I don't trust.

DiabetesForo
11/30/2011 1:32 p.m.

Hello I use Apidra Solostar and Lantus solostar, of Lantus I still have 7 feathers but I only have 2 and a half, each apidra pen lasts about 3 or 4 days. Will it be available by then or should I change insulin?I have only used these I have never used others no matter how much I am looking for any that is of equal characteristics.

Brian_Escaleritas's profile photo
Brian_Escaleritas
12/01/2011 7:07 p.m.

That will have to be indicated by your doctor, when you go for recipes he will tell you and if there is no apidra, he will have to tell you what insulin replaces it.

DiabetesForo
12/02/2011 3:41 a.m.

Sorry for the subsection, but yesterday I was with Sanofi's and "invited" me to try the apidra.How about her?Do you notice something different about the other rapids?I have always thought that they are almost clones, and that the preference of choice in an analogous resides mostly in the ball rather than in insulin itself.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/02/2011 4:42 a.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

Perhaps it would be necessary to clarify that the effect of ultra -grants is similar, theoretically.
They are insulins generated differently and with slightly different excipients, therefore, someone may notice significant changes.
Although I think that the vast majority should not notice significant difference between the 3 trademarks.

What you say about the ball is very interesting.
Do you know any study/article on ergonomics applied to insulin bolis?
Long ago I looked for something and found nothing ... In my young years I studied some ergonomics, and in my humble opinion the ease of use, grip and comfort leave much to be desired.

DiabetesForo
12/02/2011 3:05 p.m.

I do not know any study on ergonomics in these devices, but logically pretest are made in pharmacists that allow them to check the suitability or not of their design.& GT; still, on numerous occasions we complain about the bad device and their deficiencies or failures.The same said the other day to those of Sanofi (Lantus-Apidra), which should implement more and better mechanisms to collect feedback from patients with respect to feathers, and that in these analogous insulins, the choice is usually almost more due toThe feather me to insulin.And they recognized me that they have to improve in that information collection.

HanSolo's profile photo
HanSolo
12/03/2011 5:03 p.m.

ISCI / debut: 1986 / HbA1c: 5,5%

The pharmaceutical pretest already know them :?:-/ And they leave much to be desired.

Ergonomic criteria are objective and in my opinion, feathers leave much to be desired.
To name only one example, bringing wet hands is a guarantee of problems when clicking ... the feathers slip that gives glory.
If we evaluate the use in elderly people, the thing is already tremendous.

DiabetesForo
12/04/2011 2:50 a.m.

I have no idea how you have the recipes organized, but I will expose my case because it is to freak up ......I put the bomb at the same moment that Apidra was stopped (the same one that I used before) but in the hospital they already had the alert and provided me with a recipe ... but here is the problem and incomprehension ....My header is the only one that can handle my recipe data for chronicles that are generated every two months automatically and we pass through them through a special department within the ambulatory that corresponds to you.It coincides that it is on vacation and the recipes that give me are from Apidra ... as usual.With which I have to look for life so that a replacement doctor can generate a recipe without the program to denies it ... because they had already prescribed the amount necessary for the next two months to freak up !!!.. And now that I have managed to change the substitute, the service is reestablished ... With which he re -re -investigated the recipes ... really, do you all have this automatic recipe system?I carry in a month 6 views with its six delays in the time (between three quarters and one hour generally) only for this topic ... and the funniest thing is that it is your health ... as if I paid in theBanco Las Letras with recipes .... I find it embarrassing in most times justifying these work outputs for these medical disorganizations.And it is not just a punctual problem ... if they change a guideline, the road is the same and to top it off every two months you have to go through the consultation of your head doctor (who knows of diabetes what I of bulls) to clarify that the recipes have to continue the same ... Let's go a data review.Finally ..... what live in the halls of medical consultations !!!: MRGREEN :: MRGREEN :: MRGREEN:
By the way Owash ... thanks for your information and your magnificent website

Alberto P's profile photo
Alberto P
12/09/2011 6:34 a.m.

This is not the case, I ask for the recipes to my head doctor when I need and usually give me for 3 months ...
By the way, I just asked in the pharmacy that I am usually going and they told me that the supply was already restored, they called the warehouse and they were already receiving little by little:-/, just in case I collected a box they had in the pharmacy and on FridayI take the recipe.

DiabetesForo
12/09/2011 6:59 a.m.

Here, in Asturias, the issue of recipes is going very well, because you don't have to miss work at all.
The recipes are put in an envelope, with a role in which you write what you need for three months.You leave it at the health center in a mailbox (at the time you want) and go to pick it up at the counter when you want.I do the same with the nurse, but in a large envelope for the material for a month.
Thus, neither visits to doctors nor nurses, who are already quite complicated to work to have to ask for permits every two.
I do not know if you can talk to the doctor to rise in another way.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
12/09/2011 10:40 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Yes, the roll (because it is a roll) in Valencia is like that.
In my health center, chronic recipes are given from Monday to Thursday from 12 to 13 hours.
There is no more.

The doctor sets the pattern of what you need and the "calculate" system for when you have to return to recipes.
You go to the window, number co -counts and queue for you to give you the recipes.
And that is so for glycemia, insulin and needles strips ... besides if you take any other medication for chronic.

As Alberto says, when you change the doses or the guideline you have to ask for the doctor, return to the exit box and start over.

Until very recently I refused this system, but my doctor did not let me continue like this :(

I plan to go and talk to the nursing supervisor to let me collect everything in the afternoon ... and I will not start with my personal complaint campaign until they are right.I guess as you know how weighing that I wear a solution.

That or I start asking for days to go to the doctor, as they prefer.

DiabetesForo
12/09/2011 11:05 a.m.

By the way Owash ... thanks for your information and your magnificent webs
Thanks to you for participating in the forum.

What an exaggeration, the web is 1%... if it is almost empty.
I will advertise when it is more presentable.

DiabetesForo
12/09/2011 1:11 p.m.

I use the apidra, in Solostar for the pump, the action varies quite depending on the area to be injected and the difference with other current insulins I do not know but with the ancient Actrapid if it is remarkable.

When before having the pump used an actrapid applied in the belly, the postprandial glycemia of two 2 hours if the injection applied after having ingested the food rose to about 200-250 if it applied it between 10 and 15 minutes before the food the blood glucose remainedstable in about 160-180-200.
When changing Apidra, also before having the insulin pump, postprandial glycems if the injection applied after having ingested the food was maintained in 180 or below and never reached 250 and if it applied it 15 minutes from the food with food80 glucose caused me hypoglycemia.

Now with the bomb the truth that I keep Apidra from the eating and the variations I have noticed when changing the injection zone of the same, by injecting into the gut with the same case mentioned above the effectiveness was the same, changing the injection zoneTo the thigh or the buttock the glycems improve significantly until reaching postprandials of 140-150-160 depending on the movement you perform after eating.

Conclusion, difference if it shows, of course this is not a certain science and each case requires a lot to experiment and much try to reach what is desired, but an appreciable difference if there is, at least in my case.

Regarding the interruption of the distribution, something was heard but I did not notice or receive more than a somewhat skeptical comment about the supply cut, of the pharmacist who supplies it.

Well short and the billet that this is going to be difficult to read.

All the best.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
12/10/2011 2:05 a.m.

It is that Actrapid has nothing to do with Apidra, there are 2 completely different insulins.

[Attachment = 0] Drawing1.jpg [/Attachment]

In the drawing, Actrapid would be the regular human insulin or rapid insulin.
Apidra (Glulisina) would be ultra -granted insulin.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2011 4:07 a.m.

is that Actrapid has nothing to do with Apidra, they are 2 completely different insulins.

[Attachment = 0] Drawing1.jpg [/Attachment]

In the drawing, Actrapid would be the regular human insulin or rapid insulin.
Apidra (Glulisina) would be ultra -granted insulin.

Well, you've caught me, I thought both were fast and and and the XD.Is there any even faster than Apidra?

MeI's profile photo
MeI
12/10/2011 1:07 p.m.

No, the ultra -grants are Apidra, Humalog and Novorapid, the three have an almost identical behavior.

DiabetesForo
12/10/2011 5:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.