Carbohydrates account

inmaats's profile photo   12/12/2011 2:29 p.m.

Hello everyone !!!Some doubts are emerging me that I wanted to comment.I am pointing out everything like and counting carbohydrates, but the nurse gave me a diet of 2000 calories saying that I would keep my weight.I have tried to eat what it marks in that diet, but it is much more than I like, that is normal as quite well (salads, a lot of fish, meat, vegetables, fruit ...).Let's say that as more or less what the diet says, but not in so much quantity because it finds me to heavy !!!I have to say that I have kept in a weight of 54-56 kg.From the age of 18 and now I have almost 29 !!!

I wanted to ask you if I am doing well telling the carbohydrates and leaving the diet aside, since I use it only as an example to know what to eat and not to eat.Is the objective supposed to know more or less how much Normal ingest hydrates to be able to adjust insulin?I can't know if I'm going through quantity but I have a reference for how much insulin I should prick ... Do you understand me?Because I feel that I am telling without knowing why ...

inmaats's profile photo
inmaats
12/12/2011 2:29 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

It has nothing to do .......:-/
One thing is the Kcal and another count carbohydrates

I do not know what kind of life or physical exercise you do ... but a diet of 2000 kcal/day seems to me a lot

To calculate caloric consumption there is a formulite:

655,0955 + (9,463 x weight in kg) + (1,8496 x height in cm) - 4,6756 x age)
Assuming that measure 1.65 I get 1354.61

To that we must multiply by an index according to type of life or exercise:
1 - For an inactive or totally sedentary person,
1.2 - For a person who performs a light physical activity (walk a little),
1.4 - For someone who performs medium activity (dynamic daily activities),
1.6 - For a very active person (daily dynamic activities and regularly exercise a minimum of 3 times a week),
1,8 - Streken activity person (high caloric consumption activities, extreme jobs, elite athletes ...)

If you multiply 1354.61 by 1.4 = 1896.46 kcal/day

So a diet of around 1700-1800 kcal/day would be theoretically you should eat .....
You also have this calculator much easier: D: Link ... Ecesarias/ >

For carbohydrates it is best this website: Link ... ion/05.htm >
Better explained that there, you will not find it.

And then, on the other hand, there is the insulin ratio/carbohydrate unit ...
Theoretically, 1 ultra -shaped insulin unit is equivalent to 50mg/dl of glycemia and 10 gr of carbohydrates ...
In practice, everyone has its peculiarities and needs ...

At the end of learning, what you should be able to count the amount of carbohydrates that you eat and depending on that (and some other variables: o) put the ultra -grade insulin that touches you ...

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
12/12/2011 3:30 p.m.

Hi Owash !!!Well, according to the website, a 1630 -calorie diet should have, so it is a lot ...

I'm going to take a look at the Clinidiabet website to deepen the subject ...

Thank you so much.

inmaats's profile photo
inmaats
12/13/2011 1:42 p.m.

Hello everyone, I weight 57 and my diet is 1800 kcal, we also have to get the factor of simple that changes from one day to another.
Health.: D

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/27/2012 1:44 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.