Is a blood analysis to rule out diabetes?

DiabetesForo's profile photo   02/01/2010 4:13 p.m.

Hello

I just pointed to me because I need you to clarify something that doctors don't clarify me

I am 45 years old.I have blurred vision from time to time for a few months.The oculista changed my graduation and in principle it seemed that I did not return the blurred vision, but it made me
I remember that they asked me if I had a history of diabetes in the family ... I told him that I think no, because I have several uncles who emigrated as little ones, the family went wrong and never knew more about them.Of the uncles that I met or are still alive I do not know of anyone who had diabetes

Now they have just done a blood analysis (the general, which I do every year), and the glucose level does well.

I wanted to know if simply with this analysis that gives the glucose well it arrives to rule out that I have diabetes, and I have to focus on the problem is sight (they send me to change again graduation, when they changed it to me a few months ago, and the crystals are progressive, they earned me a lot, ... and now I may have to spend another burden of money so that maybe it is something else ...)
I have searched in Google the symptoms of diabetes and, apart from vision blurry I do not have any.In addition, I am fine, I exercise more or less regularly and as of everything, normal.

Let's see if someone can help me.Thank you very much in advance.All the best

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/01/2010 4:13 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good morning Smirri.
I believe that if your analytics are fine you should not worry about diabetes ... but it is your doctor who should guide you better in this regard.
SALUOS.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
02/02/2010 3:27 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

Hi Velia, thank you very much for your answer

Unfortunately, if I have signed up here and asked this, it is because my doctor does not guide me anything in any sense.You enter, it is in a hurry and immediately
ends.On several occasions he has already made mistakes.

I would appreciate more opinions, they are all good.All the best

DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 10:36 a.m.

Well, I agree with Velia.If your analytics are fine, I don't think you should fear diabetes.However, we do not know what kind of analytics they have done to you.
What I do advise you is that you change doctor.You are in your right.

Health

DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 11:50 a.m.

I am with Alea, the doctor changes.We must break the doctor's myth ... There are a few who do not deserve such an honorable title.

Greetings.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
02/02/2010 11:56 a.m.

Hello, even if they do the analysis by the SS, you have the right to give you a copy.Look at glucose.If it is within the normal limits, you are not diabetic.Greetings

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/02/2010 12:49 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

For changing nothing Smirri happens, the same even they learn, that is never known, but first of all our tranquility that is worth a lot.

Welcome to the club.

Greetings,

Cloud

Nube's profile photo
Nube
02/02/2010 1:47 p.m.

Diagnosticada en Agosto del 2009, solicite la curva de glucosa, diabetes melitus II, actualmente tomo Jentadueto, dos al día. Glicosilada 6,4

Luckily I have a copy.Glucose is within normal limits.

What I do not understand is that, if it is true what you say, why my doctor has not told me the same.Because I told him that I was going to the oculista, that I have problems in the view and that the oculist asked me if he was a diabetic or had a history of diabetes in the family.I told him that I can't know for what I have told.The Social Security doctor, if with the glucose analysis it arrives, why hasn't he told me?Instead, something like:

"Umm ... well, but the relatives you know, do you have or have had diabetes?"
I replied that no
Then he says: "Ummm ... bad will be"

To my forgive me, but if it is true that with looking at glucose arrives, this doctor is crazy !!!

DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 3:34 p.m.

Extracted from the website of the Spanish Society Diabetes:

A blood test practiced in the laboratory, measuring the level of fasting glucose, is sufficient for diagnosis.Diabetes is confirmed when this figure is equal to or greater than 126 mg/dl twice.
When the figure is between 110 and 125 mg/dl it is said that it has an abnormal glucose.Below 109 mg/dl it is considered normal.

Type 2 diabetes has an important genetic load is not crazy to ask about family history, in fact if most doctors made this "whipped" (or opportunistic screening, as they call it) a good number of people would be discoveredwith high chances of suffering diabetes in the future.

Keep in mind that an fasting analysis only reflects a punctual fact ... if we do an analysis at 2 hours after eating we can take some unpleasant surprise .... which I do not think is your case.

DiabetesForo
02/02/2010 3:45 p.m.

Extracted from the website of the Spanish Society Diabetes:

A blood test practiced in the laboratory, measuring the level of fasting glucose, is sufficient for diagnosis.Diabetes is confirmed when this figure is equal to or greater than 126 mg/dl twice.
When the figure is between 110 and 125 mg/dl it is said that it has an abnormal glucose.Below 109 mg/dl it is considered normal.

Type 2 diabetes has an important genetic load is not crazy to ask about family history, in fact if most doctors made this "whipped" (or opportunistic screening, as they call it) a good number of people would be discoveredwith high chances of suffering diabetes in the future.

Keep in mind that an fasting analysis only reflects a point fact ... if we do an analysis at 2 hours after eating we can take some unpleasant surprise .... which I do not think is your case.

So, or does it arrive with the analysis they have done to me?

DiabetesForo
02/04/2010 3:56 p.m.

If they made you an fasting analytics it is enough to give a diagnosis.

If you have a history, it is advisable to do that check at least 1 time.

DiabetesForo
02/05/2010 1:28 a.m.

Hello everyone, they did not find what happened to me and even a mead that was an absentee, another substitute for me giving me a glucose curba , and gave positive and from Entoces I am treating me with insulin, I currently have an insulin infuser. I advise you to comment to the d/Dª/Dª.
Health.: D

DiabetesForo
02/05/2010 3:33 p.m.

One says yes, another says no

Olé bullfighter !!!!: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :::: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:

DiabetesForo
02/05/2010 3:39 p.m.

But what value do you have an empty stomach?

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/05/2010 6:06 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

one says yes, another says no

Olé bullfighter !!!!: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :::: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil :: Evil:

A blood test practiced in the laboratory, measuring the level of fasting glucose, is sufficient for diagnosis

If you have doubts, read the link: Link 27 & AMP; IMENU = 8

DiabetesForo
02/06/2010 3:24 a.m.

Hello, as you say your levels are within the normal limits, isn't it?So what do you worry?I only tell you this, there is no diabetes in general, but diabetics in particular.Diabetes is a disease that follows some patterns, but maybe that day you did the analysis gave the chance you had the glucose well, however, however little your sugar levels rise to you there are people who affect them more than others, either by genetics, etc.As for weight, eating healthy etc, that doesn't matter, they detected it 23 years ago (I have 38) and weight currently exactly the same as 57kg.;)
I would listen to the rest of the contestulians and 1st would change my doctor, 2nd I would repeat the analysis at 3 months and 3rd and last to feel safer to spend some Eurillo every 3 or 4 days in an analysis that they do in some pharmaciesThat they determine the glucose, cholesterol, .. and do it after eating a dulcecillo, so you will definitely determine whether you have to jerk or not.And if it gives positive (I hope you don't) you give your doctor with them and ask for explanations of your medical negligence, although I already warn you that it will not help.
I hope I have helped you, greetings and luck!: Mrgreen:

paula's profile photo
paula
02/06/2010 9:38 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.