Rookie

igor78's profile photo   01/02/2012 1:45 p.m.

Hello friends, I am new on this topic since November and little by little I will comment on the doubts I have about diabetes.I hope that we help each other to solve them, thanks and greetings.

igor78's profile photo
igor78
01/02/2012 1:45 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hello, Igor.
Tell us more things about you, what treatment you have, how your glycemias go, in short, whatever you can think of.And of course the doubts, that I imagine you will have lots.

Welcome home.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/02/2012 2:03 p.m.

Welcome to your new house, put comfortable and, as Alea says, tells more things.

All the best.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/02/2012 2:30 p.m.

Hello everyone.
Where to start .... For the glycemia, I do not usually have them very high or I think, I have only gone from 200 to 240 on three occasions, I usually have them for 120,140, ​​110, 102,95,85,75 and little more.When they detected it, I had 350 and the pharmaceutical.I skewer insulin lantus that is slow and I told me the endocrine nurse who surely they insulin quickly because it goes up to the 2 hours after each intake.
I have gone crazy when I could eat but very crazy.Once I went to the endocrine, I resolved enough doubts, he told me that I could eat almost everything, except sweets and drinks with sugar.What I have a little bad is at lunch at work, work in shifts, tomorrow, starting, afternoon and night.For example this week I am at night and at 2 in the morning we stop to eat something, they all wear a snack, I take a turkey and atun.The endocrine told me to take me too but I don't know what I can take, I can't think of ideas, the truth is a bit difficult.I also don't know if you take every day sandwich and the day you don't take it like ???:?
I always make 5 meals a day, I go to the gym for 7 years, as I always take care of what, they have not told me anything about what they already did.I know there are many recipes that I can learn from.At the moment I can't think of anything but surely I will leave many more.I appreciate your support, thank you and greetings.

igor78's profile photo
igor78
01/03/2012 9:46 a.m.

Welcome!!!

Now you are on a honeymoon, your pancreas still produces insulin, so they have not yet put you ultra -granted insulin for meals, as soon as you start using it you can eat everything, controlling carbohydrates, the amount that a unit of a unit covers a unitinsulin.
Mind yourself the glucose, especially after eating so that, if necessary, your endocrine prescribes you a ultra -step.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2012 10:24 a.m.

Welcome to the forum

Yes, you should take something to eat, depending on how you are glycemia ...

Very basically, what glycemia rises are carbohydrates;
Proteins and fats do not raise blood glucose (this is not 100% like that, but to start you can use you).
Proteins is all that runs, nothing or flies (meat, fish, eggs)
Carbohydrates is all that is born from the earth (cereals, rice, vegetables and milk ...)
There are types of hydrates that you can eat more because they rise less glycemia (vegetables) and other types that with small quantity already rise glycemia (refined sugar, for example)

As carbohydrates we cannot suppress them from the diet, we must combine them with the rest of the food, control them and tell them to be able to put the corresponding rapid insulin.

In your case, you might have more controlled the hydrates and forget, for the moment, of the proteins (I would consider them free).
Later you will adjust much more.

For more and better explanations: HTTP: //www.clinidiabet.com/es/infodiabe ... ion/05.htm

You will always send the glucometer, so if you eat half a sandwich tonight and at 2 hours you are 260 because tomorrow you must put less bread, the sandwich content what you want from protein.
so simple and so complex at the same time.

DiabetesForo
01/03/2012 1:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.