Change of insulin guideline -hiperglycemia-

Tiver's profile photo   01/03/2012 4:35 a.m.

Hello good,

In December I had a change of pattern in my insulin dose.The insulin I use is regular humulin and Lilly NPH.I have been diabetic for 12 years, now I am 25 and I have always injected 3 times a day, mixing both in different units.But half a year ago I was having continuous hypoglycemia day after day, but no serious one, I always solved them, so I spent almost 6 months until I went to the endocrine to try to change this blood glucose behavior.I had the hemoglobin at 5.30 but of course due to this reason, although I have never had it above 6.5 except for the first years.

The endocrine doctor totally changed my doses.It had a guideline that consisted (reg-NPH) such that as follows: 8-8, 9-9, 9-9 and that was correcting unit up or unit below according to controls or intake that had planned.The new guideline was to eliminate the NPH from breakfast and lunch and reinforce it at night, so I am: 8-0, 8-0, 8-14.I thought it was a very excessive change but I was willing to try how the change was going.

The problem I have now are hyperglycemia that I don't understand, they are not reasonable to me.For example, practically every morning I have at least 180 to almost 300. The curious thing is that I ceno even softer than before the change and that I reinforced the slow insulin from 9 to 14. But the most curious thing is that I am getting up early in the morning,For example, the day before yesterday at 4.00am I had it at 100, and then at 8.30 when I wake up at 256, an inexplicable thing for me.Also before, when I had the hypoglycemia after dinner and before sleeping, I was fullyCenar, before bed, I do a control, I have it at 40, I take only a sip of juice, I leave 95% in the fridge, and in the morning I get up at 200 or more.It is as if it were very sensitive now to glucose increases exponentially.That with little to try it is shot and if I have it well during the morning in the morning I get up to more than 200, all this as normal general, there are days that I have reasonably well but this is increasingly common.

There is also another event that happens to me, it is lunch I totally suppressed the NPH and the regular one lowAt the same time as always, but I delay 2 hours, I shoot my sugar without trying a bite, as if I had no insulin in my body, but I do not understand why this makes me climb without intakes.
Well, so far a brief summary of my change that goes to two months.In February I have an appointment with the doctor again, I am not happy with the very high values, because I have gone from hypoglycemia to live in a cloud of high values ​​and many of them without logic that I can understand.

If someone has happened to him something similar I would like to share his experience.

Thank you so much

Carlos

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
01/03/2012 4:35 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Carlos, welcome.

If with the previous guideline you had many hypoglycemia the most logical thing is that you would have begun to lower some unity of both NPH and regular and not such a drastic change.Anyway, with those insulins, it seems to me complicated tooto diabetes, I guess because I do not know them, I barely use NPH a few months ago.
It is only an opinion;), it seems to me a delay to use those insulins when we can now use Lantus, let's less basal and an ultra -graph for meals, it is a puncture more but you earn as a life because you do not have to be subjectto schedules.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/03/2012 5:10 a.m.

Good meadow,

Thanks for the welcome,

A month after this sudden change, I was with the doctor and told me that if I wanted to go to a pen, which I gave up since I used it for 7 years but it was fatal, I was not able to control my controls and returned to the syringes.
So I consider that it will change insulin, but I told him no, since I did not know how my body was going to react so much change, I was mosquered by these uncontrolles after the change of pattern and to change insulin, come on what I saw that it wasA twist to my headache with this matter.

I really do not know anyone who uses my insulin, it is true that I always hear Lantus and Novorapid but I totally do not know their differences, I had always thought it was the same but different manufacturer.If you can explain a little above what these different consists of the new insulins and why are they not subject to schedules?I may in the next review talk to the endocrine.

Thank you

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
01/03/2012 8:07 a.m.

Those insulins that you have are already archaic, because, in addition to having slave schedules, they have peaks that produce hypoglycemia and are very little predictable.My daughter used them for 10 years and they were slavery, but it was what there was ...

The current insulins (lantus or levemir), are flat (without peaks), and cover the basal during the 24 hours, so you can eat without schedules, provided you wear ultra-rapid insulin before each meal (Humalog or novorapid).
My daughter has a guideline that goes from fable with Lantus and Humalog, thanks to that makes a very normal life, with the only fixed hour of Lantus.Nothing to do with the slavery and unpredictability he had when he used the mixtures.
Find out well and encourage yourself to change.Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2012 10:12 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Look at these links

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/03/2012 10:16 a.m.

ah!If you don't want to use bolis, there are also in vials.I use the ball with the humble of meals, because it is very comfortable to take it in the bag.But the lantus uses it in vial, it seems more reliable and, if it puts it away from home, the syringe already loaded is taken ..

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/03/2012 10:18 a.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Ok, thanks for the comments.

The fact of having to inject once again a day, I would not see it with bad eyes if with that I get stability.

The Boligraph was bad for the fact that in the 3 doses of the day I had different combination of fast and slow, and of course the bowl was already mixed or fast, I had to make impossible combinations or prick me simultaneously.It was a roll, speaking badly and soon.

I am going to read those links and the types of insulins to build a basis to decide later.

greetings

Tiver's profile photo
Tiver
01/03/2012 12:54 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.