Medications

pepelu's profile photo   02/07/2010 5:33 a.m.

I present myself:
I am 61 years old, 4 bypass and I have a diabetes of 120 average approx., My problems, as a lot, and also a lot of bread.Milk with calcium.I'm quite quickly (1 hour, 6 km approx.).
What kind of diabetes do I have?Can I download it less?What medication should you take?For how long?It is compatible with the others that I take (Adiro, Ezetron, Cardyl 10, Masdil Retard, Omeprazole and Diafusor 10.
My doctor is not a friend that I take more medications, but on the other hand, despite eating very healthy, it does not lower me from 116/126.
Please advise me, thank you very much.

pepelu's profile photo
pepelu
02/07/2010 5:33 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Pepelu

First, no idea if you have diabetes.In case of having it, it would be type 2. Technically, the glycemia that you put (Masmenos 120) are indicators of a "prediabetes", although in my opinion it is already a diabetes.
The fact is that, the first "traditional" measures taken are: diet, exercise and reduce the weight.

Regarding the diet, which elevates glycemia are carbohydrates ... but at the same time they are necessary for daily functioning, it is recommended that 40 or 50% of the diet be based on carbohydrates (pasta, flours, milk, fruits ... basically, everything that is born from the earth are carbohydrates).
It is advisable to consume the slow absorption hydrates and with a good fiber base that further slows down. In this link you have a lot of information:

As for the exercise, I believe that in your case a daily continuity is recommended more than a high intensity ... better to walk every day at 70% than 4 days to 90% effort.

The medication must be prescribed by the doctor, mandatory, with 120 figures (I understand that they are always fasting figures, glycosylated hemoglobin should better look at: Link ) It is not mandatory to guide medication ifWith diet and exercise it is controlled.

Adiro is "aspirin", the Ezetron I do not know it, the cardyl is for cholesterol and the rest are related to your coronary heart disease ... I understand that an oral antidiabetic would not interfere in any of these medications, but it is better that this value itThe doctor.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2010 6:15 a.m.

Hi Owash:

Thank you very much for answering so well and as soon.
I give you my latest shots, always fasting, recently raised:
High Date Glucose
11-Nov 115 61 110
14-No 111 48 112
18 112 61 116
22 115 61 112
25 112 58 116
29 114 62 128
02-Dec 111 61 120
6 110 62 108
9 117 58 114
13 113 59 109
20 113 62 121
23 111 60 122
27 108 61 110
30 110 54 116
03-Ene 106 60 113
6 110 58 107
10 112 55 120
13 121 56 109
17 123 73 117
20 130 77 109
24 131 74 126
27 126 62 116
31 136 71 124
03-FEB 118 61 123
7 115 62 124
(The amounts are = date; high voltage; low voltage and glucose)
Indeed, it must be prediabetes, but for my arterial problems I must be very careful, right?
Diet (I make healthy meals, low in fat and salt, and practically without sugar, although I ingest about 5 pieces of daily fruits -kiwi on an empty stomach; orange and a half after eating; apple after dinner; and a 0-0 a half a yogurt to averagelate).In the main half -day and dinner meals, as a lot of quantity, varied and with appetite.I drink approx.1.5 l.of water a day -mainly a glass with each pill.
Exercise: Normally, 5 days a week, I am quickly 1 hour;approx.The 5 kms calculate.The other 2 days, I go to the heated pool, swim an hour (at a moderate rhythm);and in coming and going 20 minutes on each journey.In the afternoon, an average of 5 days, I am another 15+15 minutes to moderate rhythm.
Weight = I have the right weight 67 kg for 170 cms.high, very little for what.
Ezetron 10 mg, is also for cholesterol.
In principle, I plan to continue informing myself of glycosylated hemoglobin;Slow absorption carbohydrates: Continue taking glucose and if I continue at these levels, request an appointment with the endocrine or educator.
Do you think all this do you?.
I repeat, thank you very much.

pepelu's profile photo
pepelu
02/07/2010 12:18 p.m.

What you do is fine, and your figures are good (very good I would say those of blood pressure).

As for blood glucose, you have only 1 moment of the day: before breakfast.
To see how the pancreas works and have more complete and accurate information, 1 full profile is recommended.
A profile is to measure glycemia 1 time every day but at different times:

Monday.Before breakfast
Tuesday.2-3 hour after breakfast.
Wednesday.before meals
Thursday.2-3 hours after food
Friday.before dinner
Saturday.2-3 hours later dinner
Sunday.Between 2 and 4 in the morning (this is optional, perhaps in your case it would not be necessary)

Before meals you should be between 80 and 120 ... and after meals below 140-160.

I agree with you that you should visit an endocrine to analyze all the variables very well (glycemia, hypertension, cholesterol etc ..) and that paute or not medication.
After that he asks for an appointment with the educator nurse and that they explain the topic of food well.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
02/07/2010 3:24 p.m.

Tests and exams
An urine analysis can show high blood sugar levels.But a urine exam only does not diagnose diabetes.

Your medical care provider may suspect that you have diabetes if your blood sugar level is greater than 200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l).To confirm the diagnosis, one or more of the following exams must be done.

Blood exams:

Fasting glycemia.Diabetes is diagnosed if the fasting glucose level is greater than 126 mg/dl (7.0 mmol/l) in two different exams.The levels between 100 and 126 mg/dl (5.5 and 7.0 mmol/l) are called ease or prediabetes glucose.These levels are risk factors for type 2 diabetes.
A1C hemoglobin exam (A1C).The normal thing is less than 5.7%, prediabetes is between 5.7% and 6.4%, and diabetes is 6.5% or higher.
Oral glucose tolerance test.Diabetes is diagnosed if the glucose level is greater than 200 mg/dl (11.1 mmol/l) after 2 hours of taking a sugary drink (this test is used more frequently for type 2 diabetes).
Type 2 diabetes detection tests in people who do not present symptoms are recommended for:

Overweight children who have other risk factors for diabetes, from the age of 10 and repeats every 3 years.
Overweight adults (BMI of 25 or higher) who have other risk factors such as having high blood pressure or having a mother, father, sister or brother with diabetes.
Adults over 45 years, repeat every 3 years.
Treatment
Type 2 diabetes can be counteracted with changes in lifestyle, especially giving weight with exercise and eating healthier foods.Some cases of type 2 diabetes can be improved with weight loss surgery.

There is no cure for type 1 diabetes.

The treatment of both type 1 diabetes and type 2 diabetes consists of medications, diet and exercise to control the blood sugar level.

All people with diabetes should receive adequate education and support on the best ways to handle their diabetes.Ask your supplier about the possibility of consulting an educator nurse in diabetes.

Achieving better blood sugar control, cholesterol and blood pressure levels helps reduce the risk of renal disease, ocular disease, nervous system disease, heart attack and stroke. Internet consult" Link rel = "NOFOLLOW"> Internet consult Internet doctor Internet veterinarian vet on the Internet Internet consult= "NOFOLLOW"> Internet lawyer Internet lawyer Internet lawyer Internet psychologist Psychiatrist on the Internet To prevent diabetes complications, visit the supplier at least 2 to 4times toyear.Tell him about the problems he is having.Follow the supplier's instructions on diabetes management.

maria30's profile photo
maria30
11/12/2017 5:33 p.m.

1. type 1 diabetes (destruction of β cells of the pancreas with absolute deficit of
insulin).
2. Type 2 diabetes (progressive loss of insulin secretion
accompanied by insulin resistance).
3. Diabetes mellitus gestational (DMG) diabetes that are diagnosed in the
second or third trimester of pregnancy.
4. Diabetes for other causes (for example: mody, cystic fibrosis, pancreatitis,
Medication -induced diabetes

The National Health and Nutrition Examination Survey (Nhanes) indicates that a point
A1C cut ≥ 6.5% detects a third of patients with diabetes without
diagnose that a fasting glucose test ≥ 126 mg/dl.It is important to take
In mind the age, race/ethnicity and the presence of anemia or some hemoglobinopathy
When the A1C is used to diagnose diabetes.
Epidemiological studies show, so far, that the A1C is only useful
For adults, however, it remains in discussion if it must remain the same point
cut both for adults and adolescents and children aesthetic surgeon medellin aesthetic surgeon cali Tests for the diagnosis of diabetes
Diabetes can be diagnosed based on plasma glucose levels,
either through a quick glucose test in plasma or a test of
Plasma glucose 2 hours after having ingested 75 grams of glucose via
oral or with a glucosylated hemoglobin test (A1C).The criteria are shown
In the following table:
Diagnostic criteria for 2018 Diabetes
Fasting glucose ≥ 126 mg/dl (not having caloric intake in the last 8
hours).
EITHER
Plasma glucose at 2 hours of ≥200 mg/dl during an oral test of
glucose tolerance.The test must be performed with a load of 75 grams
of glucose dissolved in water.
EITHER
Glycosylated hemoglobin (A1C) ≥ 6.5%.This test must be performed in laboratories
Certificates according to the A1C standards of the DCCT.
EITHER
Patient with classic symptoms of hyperglycemia or hyperglycemic crisis with a
random glucose ≥ 200 mg/dl

maria30's profile photo
maria30
05/27/2018 6:57 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.