Nurseries reject child with DM1

DiabetesForo's profile photo   01/11/2012 4:12 p.m.

"He has requested a place in our children's school, but due to the medical care that the child needs during the day we are forced to denote it.""Through the present, it is informed that or the center of specialized Persoal to be able to attend to the appropriate security conditions for Súa Saúde."They are two of the answers, in writing, who have received the parents of a three -year -old Coruña child who suffers a rare diabetes."He has it since the age of twelve and tell us that he is one of the only five cases in Spain in children," explains Carlos Abelenda, the child's father.

In a report by the pediatrician last July it is detailed that the little one "is well vaccinated and does not currently present any clinical situation that prevents schooling according to current regulations."However, he details that the child "has difficult control diabetes, which requires multiple daily measurements of strict blood glucose and surveillance."

The parents are the ones who carry out these measurements and "many days you have to do 18 punctures to control the sugars, because it is not the first time it stays in a coma and that can damage the brain," they explain in the presence of the sisterMayor of the little one.At least four daily doses of insulin is what the child born in December 2008 needs, who cannot exercise and who negatively affects heating.In another report of the Endocrinology Service of the University Hospital Complex of A Coruña, this problem is insisted: "It is very important to control hypoglycemia, because it can cause brain damage in such an immature brain."
The parents are very grateful to the follow -up carried out by the child's endocrinologist, "with which we are in contact 24 hours" and that "does not want to enter it, in fact the child has very few hospital income, so that it does not suffer so much andKeep being related to other children ».The father can take care of the little one because he is not working, but says they are "tired" and do not know "where to resort."

For two years they are looking for a solution, including a declaration of disability or dependency;To achieve this they went to the court.After the lawsuit against the Taballo Ministry presented in June 2010, the Judgment of the Social Court number 1 of A Coruña arrived last November and the decision was to declare that the minor «has a degree of disability of the disability of the24 %"and force the administration" to be and go through said pronouncement, and to accept how many effects derive from it. "Nor did a solution sought also by the City Council of Cambre also arrived, where they have the residence: "At the entrance everything was that they were looking for a solution before the month of September, but in the end they have not done anything either."For its part, the Department of Education indicated that it studies the case before giving an assessment.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2012 4:12 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well, enough things to comment.

First ... How is it possible that you do not carry a continuous bomb and meter?and financed by public health ... that 18 glycemia a day is equivalent to twice what costs a bomb and sensor together.
Hallucinatory.: Shock :: Shock:
In 2011 .... which seems that we are in the years of the civil postwar period.

I imagine that when they speak of "rare diabetes" (you have to fuck the press) they will refer to a labile diabetes.
Although you will tell me the parents ... you will rarely go down from 7-8 glycemias/day and always with the unvoyance.

Second ... I do not know if this has reached Fede, but if he has arrived he lacks time to put a complaint to the Galician government.
Denunciation and press, in that order ... with names and surnames of the political leaders (responsible for saying something).
Thus we will all begin to believe more in a representation of the patients.
Although I am 3 years old and schooling is not mandatory ... they are obliged to give them a solution and not discriminate.

Third ... 24% disability to a labile diabetes .... with 2 noses, inspection medical lords.Then they overlook the numerous embarrassing casualties that many we know.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/11/2012 4:23 p.m.

I'm with you Owash .....
Someday I have time and desire, I will write in "experiences" the ones that made me pass to me with Nyah.

Beky's profile photo
Beky
01/11/2012 6:06 p.m.

The article is a bit confusing, on the one hand it says that the child has a "special" diabetes of which there are only five cases in Spain, has already been several times in a coma, the endocrine does not enter it so that it is with other children:Shock: then only 24% disability confirmed by the Social Court ???And how does it carry a bomb and meter?
The parents will not have contacted the Fede, because surely they had helped and advised them.I also have to write a book of what made us happen to my son, now he is solved but it has cost us a lot.My advice for other parents who have difficulties at school, we must not give up, be firm in your requests, it is not about getting along badly but we must not have "Stockholm syndrome", and touch all doors, education, health,, Ombudsman, Ombudsman of the Autonomous Community, Social Services of the City Council, let's take the organization chart of your Autonomous Community and from the first to the last one by one.

mornita's profile photo
mornita
01/13/2012 5:34 a.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.