What to buy?

anama's profile photo   01/15/2012 4:42 p.m.

Hello everyone!

I just registered in this forum and I don't know much about diabetes.I am writing to you because I have a question .... it turns out that my grandmother, who will turn 100 in March, has, for a couple of months, high glucose levels.They have talked about following her for a few months but have also recommended watching the diet.So far everything, Peeeeroooo .... My grandmother loves sweets, and is accustomed to drinking some after the coffee, some cookie from time to time ... etc ...

The truth is that we find it very hard to take away that little "vice" with the age you are, change your habits with those years .... But of course, we don't want it to get wrong.Well, my question is ... are there really sweets that are not going to alter the glucose levels too much?What brands, where do I buy them ...?I do not know the forum rules, if you don't want to put marks around here, please write me a private.

I thank you in advance anything you can tell me
All the best

anama's profile photo
anama
01/15/2012 4:42 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Well look, at that age you will not affect long -term diabetes, so I would not take away that whim.You can buy sweets with fructose, but do not give it sorbitol or polyalcohols, because that will come badly.
Greetings :)

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/15/2012 6:58 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Sweets with whole wheat flour, many of them like tea pastes have a more prolonged curve so sugar possibly rises slower and being a type 2 diabetes can reduce hyperglycemia.Upload the sugar almost all and a small minorThat Coj ... is this "as you can call this aberration sweet.
Another thing you can try is to walk after coffee, so PALIARAS to a large extent the effects of having coffee with sweets besides that it is good for diabetes.It all depends on the state of your grandmother.

If they control it for a few months and it is still high, the doctor should consider the possibility of giving oral antidiabetics instead of crushing the poor old woman to exercise and diets at this point.Better than the doctor does not know, but sometimes you have to give them a small push.

Greetings, I hope I have helped you a little.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/16/2012 9:50 p.m.

Thank you very much for the answers !!The walks is not an option because the only thing that can move is from the room to the room and because my parents are lifted (then supported by the walker).The oral antidiabetics something sounds to me that I have heard my mother, as they will put on her.
Do you recommend a specific brand or a super, store or web where can you buy something?I suppose that with fructose or with whole wheat flour they sell, right?
Thank you very much, it may seem nonsense, but when you don't have many things left to enjoy taking a sweet or custom can be torture.

anama's profile photo
anama
01/21/2012 6:49 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.