Severe hypoglycemia

Pitu's profile photo   01/15/2012 10:37 p.m.

hello.I am 27 years old and I am type I diabetics for 17 years, 2 years ago I had severe hyperglycemia, with seizures followed by respiratory arrest, which leads to my dad to put the glucagon urgently and make me resusation maneuvers and now I am here fortellIt was a horrible experience, I had very little reaction time, when I realized it was already late, I woke up in a hospital, thank God I have not been sequels.I wanted to know if someone has gone through the same as me, because it is until today that I cannot forget that situation and I have the symptoms all the time, although my diabetes is within the normal ranges.

Pitu's profile photo
Pitu
01/15/2012 10:37 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Good Pitu!
Unfortunately I can say that I also went through the same one a few years ago.3 times. Last with seizures. I don't remember absolutely nothing. My mother told me that the convulsions were so strong, that among the 2 ambulance they came, they were notable to hold my hand to put a route. You can imagine how my hand was ... and well, I even urinated myself.Hours. Fear, a lot of fear. But well, it will be a matter of your doctor to readjust the insulin doses or what he thinks convenient.

kekiya's profile photo
kekiya
01/16/2012 5:36 a.m.

I also, unfortunately, twice.

One during adolescence, I went out and woke up at the hospital while they put me glucagon and the B12 ... the fateful scare for both my parents and my sister ... I think it was the last time I took more than threeCups.

The second happened to me in Cuenca, I was working on the rehabilitation of a feudal castle ... When without realizing I lost my consciousness, luckily a partner and my friend realized what happened to me and ran out for glucagon,Armo of value and although I punctuate it in the gut and made a hematoma the size of a fist saved me because where we were taking the ambulances to access the roughness of the road and I could have finished with something more than a bruise.

Both without serious consequences, except for the loss of consciousness, a scare of the copon for which the event and the subsequent tarro feeder for which he starred in.

All the best.

MeI's profile photo
MeI
01/16/2012 9:06 p.m.

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.