{'en': 'Emotional control of diabetes', 'es': 'Control emocional de la diabetes'} Image

Emotional control of diabetes

NoAddedSugar's profile photo   01/19/2012 4:10 a.m.

Today exactly a month ago I debuted and since then I have the horrible feeling of not controlling emotions at all.

I have always been a super -tailed person and now the same gives me inexplicable anger as an extreme sadness invades me and I start crying without more.

Is sugar?

It's me?

Is it a phase?

I feel like Dr. Jekyll

NoAddedSugar's profile photo
NoAddedSugar
01/19/2012 4:10 a.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Sugar up and down can help those emotional changes, but they are not the only ones responsible.

Receiving the news that your life changes is always shocking, and more when that change is "forever" (those words still resonate in my ears), so it is normal for you to spend a season in which you are not yourself.The objective you have to set yourself is clear: it recovers control of your life, it is again, do not let diabetes control your life, but you.In a few weeks you will feel like before, balanced, and with the situation in place.

Much encouragement, and here we are here to lend a hand in whatever it takes.

Nacho_71's profile photo
Nacho_71
01/19/2012 5:27 a.m.

It is very typical to blame diabetes of many of the things that happen to us.
Sometimes we have been good to have an excuse by hand;) :) But it is not normally.

At the beginning it is logical to have doubts, have fears or feeling of not knowing where you are going ... It is normal.After a while, when you notice that you control your diabetes and see that you do not essentially modify your life, the sensations will be the same as before diagnosis;even better ... because we usually get reinforced from an unforeseen and complex situation.

In terms of psychology, patients with diabetes must have an internal control locus, that is, we attribute what happens to oursThe improvement is attributed only to the doctor.
This is very important that it is so, because in our disease we are active patients ... we should never be passive patients.
United to this, glycemia measurements, glycosilated hemoglobin, quarterly consultations with endo ... are still a multitude of small or large exams to which we are subjected to.

That internal control locus (something that depends on us) sometimes translates into extreme pressure that creates extreme stress, restlessness and emotional responses.

As chronic patients we must be aware of this, knowing that the control of the disease is in our hands but at the same time know that it is not always possible to be 100% and that aspects of our life (work, family, personal, etc.)They will influence motivation to control diabetes.

As Nacho says, we tend to go through different phases of the disease: denial-incredulity;rebellion-culturalization;Fear-Disociation; Negotiation;depression-tristeity and acceptance.
Not everyone goes through all phases and even in that order.

Courage and throw in front ... to get sad and cry will always be time.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/19/2012 2:27 p.m.

hello:
I have been with diabetes since October.The truth that I have also gone through those moments when you are a bit low of morals, right now.But not all weight is attributable to diabetes.In my case I think it is because this means an important change in my life and despite taking it well, there are times when it surpasses me.I think that while you assimilate what you have, and while you change those little things in your life to live with diabetes as a more travel partner it is normal to meet emotional ups and downs.If that adds the possible effect of diabetes, everything is magnified.Give yourself time and gather yourself in those around you to get to balance again.
a kiss

garbitxu's profile photo
garbitxu
01/30/2012 5:25 p.m.

They have already answered you greatly, so tansol "a lot of encouragement", assimilating a chronic disease and so much information costs a little, but you will soon be "giving war", as we say for Aqúí.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/31/2012 4:17 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

"At the beginning it is logical to have doubts, have fears or feeling of not knowing where you are going ... It is normal. Past time, when you notice that you control your diabetes and see that you do not essentially modify your life, the sensations will be the same as beforeof the diagnosis;

I have reread this issue and I really like this that you have said Owash, which is also true and it is also for parents.
A hug: D

Regina's profile photo
Regina
02/22/2012 4:02 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

I'm going to laugh a little from myself.

I, after 33 years I am in the depression-tristeza phase, I will soon accept it?: D

romevila's profile photo
romevila
02/29/2012 3:35 p.m.

Bomba Accu Check Insight de Roche con Novorapid.
Usuaria de bomba desde 2011 ( lleve la Combo hasta el año pasado).

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.