Without insulin

geminis247's profile photo   01/19/2012 7:06 p.m.

Hello sweets I have other of my doubts what happens if a type 1 diabetic does not put insulin one day? Dies?

geminis247's profile photo
geminis247
01/19/2012 7:06 p.m.
No signature configured, update it from user's profile.

Hi Geminis ... the organism needs a basal insulin, which has nothing to do with the intake, and then the one that covers the meals ... therefore always to a greater or lesser extent a type 1 diabetic needs that basal insulin, it also needsTaking carbohydrates, an absence of insulin and carbohydrates can produce an increase in blood ketone bodies, which can cause a metabolic decompensation ... so if you are diabetic 1, do not forget your insulin, which isNecessary to live.

Greetings.

Velia's profile photo
Velia
01/20/2012 3:57 a.m.

De los buenos tiempos, siempre quiero más...
Mamá de Ángela, ¡16 añitos, fiera!. Debut: octubre de 2003.
Bomba insulina Medtronic Paradigm Veo desde junio 2005
Última hemo 6.1

But a single day does not die.It can be very bad, depending on what eate.The question was for a day, right?

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/20/2012 12:10 p.m.

Well, I don't know if you die or not ... what surely would you put yourself very, very bad.One day I was about four-six hours without insulin (because of a pump block) and I have never found myself "so sick."

There was a news (I think that in this forum) of some parents who decided to take their daughter with diabetes to a healer and the first thing he did was remove the insulin.A day the girl was supermarket, but the healer said she was "monkey to insulin" I don't know how much it lasted but when he already became unconscious and finally they took her to the hospital they could not do anything for her.

Another thing, if you have no insulin or do you think about doing sports ...

tica's profile photo
tica
01/20/2012 12:37 p.m.

Miembro del equipo de moderación del foro
DM1 desde 1988
Mamá de 2 niños y a la espera del tercero
Bomba + Dexcom

It must be difficult for young people to die of being 1 day without insulin ... but equal to the second day it is too late to act.
The passage to the diabetic coma can be very fast ... Keep in mind that the debut is not the same, where there are few insulin reserves, but they still exist.
In any case, a stay in UCI of several days does not take away anyone, sure.
In more advanced age, regardless of their type of diabetes, death chances increase greatly.

Without insulin it is impossible to go beyond 3-4 days with luck;The normal thing is usually that dehydration appears, vomiting and nausea and even serious respiratory difficulties ... in addition to the classic thirst, urinating a lot and drinking a lot.
But you breathe well to the heart to go to more revolutions, if for bad luck your heart is already touched or is "touched" as standard because you have many ballots of having a great scare ... for example.

DiabetesForo's profile photo
DiabetesForo
01/21/2012 6:39 a.m.

With a type 1 diabetes, endogenous insulin does not exist, so in hours the ketoacidosis can occur and, if it is not quickly, you die.Anyway, a diabetic coma is no joke, because some organs can be damaged.
In a type 2 diabetes, insulin is not always needed and can be controlled with a regime, it depends on the endogenous insulin.

Regina's profile photo
Regina
01/21/2012 7:22 p.m.

Hija de 35 años , diabética desde los 5. Glico: normalmente de 6 , pero 6,7 la última ( 6,2 marcaba el Free)
Fiasp: 4- 4- 3 Toujeo: 20

Join the Discussion!

To participate in this thread, please register or log in.